watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Would You Take Steven Davis Back?

Started by White Noise, March 21, 2010, 07:10:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Noise

Rangers are on their backsides and I guess may be forced to sell players. Steven Davis has been linked with a number of Prem clubs but could you see aplace for him back at Fulham?

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/scotland/article7069687.ece

SuffolkWhite

If Roy signs him or any player I don't mind, I bow to Roy's judgment. I think Roy would get the best out of him like any of the players he works with so maybe worth a punt.
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

Tom

I will leave that up to Roy. In Roy I trust!
Fulham for life!

alfie

You have only got to look at the transformation of Chris Baird, he now has the confidence to play anywhere the boss wants, well maybe not in goal, and i think he would do the same with Davis
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

KCat

Alfie..............take a wet flannel and have a lie down  :011:
That Davis would not sign a kids autograph book........................ so the chances of a waive to the crowd would be a definite,  non !!
...........his customized boots did not go down very well either

Personally I thought he was a gifted player,  but VERY light weight and I very much doubt that he lacked confidence, he was/is kamara -cocky   

os5889

I was sad to see him go, but we've not been a double dipping club for as long as I can remember.

Who was the last player we sold and re-signed a-la Redknapp?

WhiteJC

Quote from: os5889 on March 21, 2010, 10:52:18 AM
I was sad to see him go, but we've not been a double dipping club for as long as I can remember.

Who was the last player we sold and re-signed a-la Redknapp?

Mullery or Marsh?

Mr Fulham

Roy sold him because he thought that he wasn't good. Maybe one of Roy's rare faults? I'd take him back, he would be a very good addition.

Rambling_Syd_Rumpo

I'm not sure how old he is and like the guys above I've always thought he was very light weight,but if Woy thinks he can do a job and fit in the system that'll do for me-although a don't think he's Woys type of player

Mr Fulham

Quote from: Rambling_Syd_Rumpo on March 21, 2010, 02:21:26 PM
I'm not sure how old he is and like the guys above I've always thought he was very light weight,but if Woy thinks he can do a job and fit in the system that'll do for me-although a don't think he's Woys type of player

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/spieler/28973/davis-steven/profil.html

Here you are!

HatterDon

Davis is an excellent player. He had two problems with us:

1. He was best played in Danny Murphy's position.
2. He spent most of his time on the pitch watching the ball fly over his head as Sanchez's defense hoofed the ball out past our forward line.

Davis is talented, has a good motor, and creates chances. I never understood why he was trashed so hard when he was with us. If Roy wants him back, I'd do cartwheels. It's becoming clear that Danny can't cut the mustard for every 90 minutes of a season any more.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Crede15

I'm not dying to get him back, there are other, probably better, options but HatterDon is right, he was a skillful, somewhat lightweight, center midfielder and that was an irrelevant position under Sanchez cause we just bypassed the midfield with long balls. A possession game like we play with Roy would suit his game much better, which of course brings us back to the point that Roy apparently didn't feel it was a must that we keep him around. Its obvious we need to bring someone along who can replace Danny at some point, just not sure its him. Are we still looking at the Norwegian, Skjelbred? Iniesta I'd also be ok with.

LRCN

yeah easily, I was disappointed to see him go, like a danny murphy mark 2 but alot quicker and alot weaker. to only sell him for 3 million odd was stupid because he's exactly what we needed over the last 2 seasons, someone who could come in and do what danny does but still has a few years in him after danny retires.