more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Are We Better Or Worse Away From Home?

Started by White Noise, January 27, 2010, 09:02:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Noise

Than we were last season?
Putting results to one side, how do you rate the quality of our play, tactics and overall performance compared to last season?

finnster01

I think we are as crap as we were last year
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

fulhamguy

And as we have been since we've been in the Prem. Did you see the stat from Sky Sports before the game? Something like 25 wins away from home in the 160 something games we've played since we've been in the Prem!
COYW!

os5889

Last year I believed we could come away from most places with a point and give it a go, this year, I wonder by how many we are going to lose. The mindset of 1 fan, but eh I cant be the only one

RidgeRider

To date, we are worse. OS is correct I think, we seemed to draw last year where this year we just lose.

os5889

I know we cant change injuries and dates of games but here is my comparison of matches from last season

Team
Pompey, This year 0-1, Last year 1-1
Villa, This year 2-0, Last Year 0-0
Wolves, This Year 2-1, Last year (1st in Champ WBA) 1-0
West Ham, This Year 2-2, Last year 3-1
Man City, This Year 2-2, Last year 1-3
Wigan, This Year 1-1, Last year 0-0
Birmingham, This Year 1-0, Last year (2nd in Champ Stoke) 0-0
Burnley, This Year 1-1, Last year (3rd in Champ Hull) 2-1
Chelsea, This Year 2-1, Last year 3-1
Stoke, This Year 3-2, Last year Repeat(0-0)
Blackburn, This Year 2-0, Last year 1-0
Spurs, This Year 2-0, Last year 0-0

So thats 7 points this year V 9 last year

Not much difference, but we have scored more this year (11 V 7) but conceded a hell of a lot more (20 V 11)

Jimpav

Based on the stats last night we won 4 games last season and maybe 4 or 5 the season before.

Last season we had to wait until March for 3 points on the road, this season we won our first match - that was against Pompey though.

Not wishing to speak ill of the dead/dying but beating Pompey should only really count for one point though in their current state.

We have a good record against Bolton though so this could be our revival.

Anyway, in response to your question, I think we are worse away so far. Last year we put up more of a fight and got soem credible draws. This year we have been a bit of a walk over.

Let's be honest though if we did start winning away games more regularly (and constinued our strong home form) we would surely be considered as shoe in for the top four.

That would just be wrong!