watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Mo wants to sell

Started by Mr Fulham, March 25, 2010, 01:05:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr Fulham

There are reports that Cagliari Calcio-president Massimo Cellino has enquired about buying Fulham FC. Mo is said to be interested in selling the club.

To be continued...

StanLeeKubrick

Impossible, convicted fraudster. Not true.

LBNo11

Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

TonyGilroy

Quote from: StanLeeKubrick on March 25, 2010, 01:19:28 PM
Impossible, convicted fraudster. Not true.

But surely he'd still be a fit and proper person.

Maybe if he said sorry? Put the club in his son's name? Or an off shore company?

bobby01

Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

Mr Fulham

All of this with Mr Woy leaving for Liverpool.

I agree, would be a horror scenario, but my source works for a well-informed football agency in London.

StanLeeKubrick

Still its impossible because he has already been ruled out of buying a Prem team because of his epic fail of the fit and proper person test. Not true. End of.

Serotonin

My source listens to the Guardian Football podcast.  :033:

Mr Fulham

Quote from: Serotonin on March 25, 2010, 03:26:52 PM
My source listens to the Guardian Football podcast.  :033:

:007:

Logicalman

Quote from: Mr Fulham on March 25, 2010, 01:33:05 PM
All of this with Mr Woy leaving for Liverpool.

I agree, would be a horror scenario, but my source works for a well-informed football agency in London.

Well, after saying that, makes it 100% kosher then, doesn't it?

Daily Mail: 15th January 2010

The League states that a director will be barred 'in respect of any offence involving any act which would reasonably be considered to be dishonest.'

It also states that 'a conviction (not a spent conviction) imposed by a court of the UK or a competent court of foreign jurisdiction in respect of which an unsuspended sentence of at least 12 months imprisonment was imposed' will prevent a would-be owner from seizing control of a club.

Miami-based Cellino was, in 1996, held in custody for eight days and later convicted of deceiving the EU and the Italian Ministry for Agriculture out of £7.5m. He plea-bargained a reduced and suspended 14-month sentence.

Then in 2001 he was handed a 15-month suspended sentence for false accounting at the Serie A club he controls.

And only last month Cellino was ordered to appear in court to give evidence in a football corruption trial involving referees and ex-officials of top Serie A sides.

Rambling_Syd_Rumpo

Quote from: Mr Fulham on March 25, 2010, 01:05:08 PM
There are reports that Cagliari Calcio-president Massimo Cellino has enquired about buying Fulham FC. Mo is said to be interested in selling the club.

To be continued...

you can't expect us to swollow this without quoting souces,reports-Who? who reports?
my mate works for does'nt count,not having a go at you but this is massive news,we really do need more than this or it's just a case of pub rumours :dft001: :dft005:

finnster01

This sounds more and more like your cat talked to MAF's cat.

Why would he sell now? Doesn't make any sense regardless of the "fit and not very proper" test
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

Logicalman

Well, here's one news story from 22/3/10:

Sarà stato il poker infilato alla Juventus, ma adesso pare che Massimo Cellino sia intenzionato a rilevare il Portsmouth insieme a Flavio Briatore, come rivelano alcuni personaggi molto vicini a lui, secondo quanto riportato da Sebastiano Vernazza nell'edizione odierna de La Gazzetta dello Sport . Intervistato la scorsa settimana dall' Unione Sarda , il giornalista intervistatore aveva definito questa storia di voler comprare una squadra inglese, una vera e propria barzelletta. In effetti, il patron sardo aveva negato tutte le voci, salvo confermare quelle relative al West Ham.

Translation (VERY rough):

The poker will have been inserted to the Juventus, but now it seems that Greatest Cellino is intentioned to point out the Portsmouth together to Flavio Briatore, how reveal some characters very close to him, according to what restored from Sebastiano Vernazza in the current edition De The Gazette of the Sport.  It interviews the past week dall' Sardinian Union, the journalist interviewer had defined this story of to want to buy an English squad, a true and actual joke.  In effects, the Sardinian patron had denied all the shouting, safe to confirm those relevant to the West Ham.

Mr Fulham

Quote from: Rambling_Syd_Rumpo on March 25, 2010, 04:05:40 PM
Quote from: Mr Fulham on March 25, 2010, 01:05:08 PM

To be continued...

you can't expect us to swollow this without quoting souces,reports-Who? who reports?
my mate works for does'nt count,not having a go at you but this is massive news,we really do need more than this or it's just a case of pub rumours :dft001: :dft005:

Yeah, I understand. In fact, the guy isn't my mate, he's a Wet Spam idiot but he's involved in the transfermarkt.de/.co.uk thing I posted a while ago.
He works for a football press agency and he told me that Liverpool will try to lure Hodgson to the Merseyside if Benitez leaves for Real or Juventus. He also told me that Cellino inquired about buying the club and Al-Fayed wasn't reluctant to sell.

He has no direct source because he IS the source, and you can believe it. He told me the Duff thing two days before the papers knew it.

NorfolkJim

Mo has said in public that he has no desire to sell Fulham FC. He's said it in black & White to the fans. He has kept his word to the fans so far so I doubt this very much.

Lighthouse

Quote from: NorfolkJim on March 25, 2010, 07:44:14 PM
Mo has said in public that he has no desire to sell Fulham FC. He's said it in black & White to the fans. He has kept his word to the fans so far so I doubt this very much.

Yes but things change. I saw Big Al talking to the Devil and Attila the Honey. Mark my words there are dark storms approaching.

Mind you he hasn't done a bad jib whatever he decides. But I hope he regards Fulham as most of us regard him. With pride and thanks. We have needed each other over the years.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

RidgeRider

I think Mr. Fulham is just sharing with us what he heard from his source. Lets be nice but it does seem a bit unbelievable.

jarv

Fit and proper......after the pompey disaster I would like to see the details of the test for a fit and proper owner.
I expect it is something along the lines of:

do you have a billion stashed away.
are you a foreigner
the meal tab is on you, correct.

answer all three and you pass.

LBNo11

...I don't doubt that Mr Fulham is telling us what he has heard, I just think it is BS.. :010:
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC