News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

I don't want to break any US balls but Altidore...

Started by finnster01, March 27, 2010, 05:26:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

finnster01

Was a cheating bastard today and cost us 3 yellow cards alone.

Has he always been like this? I am not happy about it, because if we want to go back to Europe next year, we need to get it through the Fair Play League and all these yellows doesn't help.

I'm very disappointed in that lad. Maybe it was a one off, but I havne't seen enough of him to have an opinion.
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

YankeeJim

He's learning world football. Masterful dives have rocketed Italy, Spain & Drogba to the top of the football world. Not a normal American attibute but come SA, if it will get the US into the second round then so be it.  :dft003:

In defense of the lad, he by far had the best of that Manu protege. Sky Sports gave him MOTM & rated a 9. Still, I wanted to break his knees today.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Tom

Altidore is a good young player and still learning.
Fulham for life!

Steve_orino

Was wondering why they'd been hurting all day...

Didn't see the game and haven't seen enough of him to comment but I liked the title  :045:
Fulham Supporter - Est. 03/2008
"My aim is to stabilise, sustain, and have the club move forward." Shad Khan 07/2013
@Borino09

YankeeJim

I think we saw the possibilities of Altidore. He might have (repeat might) enhanced the contact but every good forward does that. I  think it is a bit like basketball, people get called when the play passes them and they reach in. Same thing with your feet. Altidore is just quicker than Smalling. Had Aaron been on him I think we would have been kept him under control.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Tom

Quote from: YankeeJim on March 28, 2010, 02:18:10 AM
I think we saw the possibilities of Altidore. He might have (repeat might) enhanced the contact but every good forward does that. I  think it is a bit like basketball, people get called when the play passes them and they reach in. Same thing with your feet. Altidore is just quicker than Smalling. Had Aaron been on him I think we would have been kept him under control.
I just watched the game again and Smalling sucked! He had his arm around Altidore and dragged him down. It was a penalty. I am glad Smalling is off to Man U. for 10 million. We are getting the way better end of that deal! Smalling doesn't impress me at all. Altidore is a great up and coming player. I would take Altidore over Smalling any day of the week.
Fulham for life!

finnster01

I would too Tom, Altidore is a good young player.

but I just can't handle diving very well. I was at Pantsil's case when he did it for us a long time ago so I am not biased.

I just think it is disrespectful to the game. Whilst it may be acceptable as part of the game in certain countries, it has no place in the Prem although it certainly happens. I will not argue that fact.

Just is a lot of rubbish and utter tosh when a big player made like a brick falls like he has been shot anytime anyone comes near him. Maybe he has played Mexico too many times and picked up some naughty habits?
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

Tom

Quote from: finnster01 on March 28, 2010, 08:53:45 AM
I would too Tom, Altidore is a good young player.

Maybe he has played Mexico too many times and picked up some naughty habits?

lol, that is hilarious finnster!!! I hate mexico and love beating them! They are so dirty and poor sports.
Fulham for life!

Steve_orino

Quote from: finnster01 on March 28, 2010, 08:53:45 AM
Maybe he has played Mexico too many times and picked up some naughty habits?

Ding, Ding, Ding!  We have a winner!

I've a small theory after watching Mexican and Italian League soccer/footy - it's a Latin-based thing.  The Mexican League games grow tiresome with all the flailing about that takes place in a 2 hour game.
Fulham Supporter - Est. 03/2008
"My aim is to stabilise, sustain, and have the club move forward." Shad Khan 07/2013
@Borino09

HatterDon

Sorry, I didn't see Altidore dive. I did see him completely dominate out there, but I didn't see any diving or cheating.

But I've already learned that my good friend Mr. Finn and I quite often watch different matches played by the same sides at the same time!  :005:
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Tom

Quote from: HatterDon on March 29, 2010, 04:50:53 AM
Sorry, I didn't see Altidore dive. I did see him completely dominate out there, but I didn't see any diving or cheating.

But I've already learned that my good friend Mr. Finn and I quite often watch different matches played by the same sides at the same time!  :005:
I agree HatterDon, I didn't see Altidore dive either. Smalling had his arm around him and dragged him down. Smalling is not that good and we are stealing 10 million from Man U.
Fulham for life!

McBridefan1

My first instinct was that he dove but then I saw that he was through on goal alone so why dive? I'm sure there was some embellishment but not the worst I've ever seen. He had been getting beaten up quite regularly and no one else on his team does anything so it was good as an American to see him doing everything he can to help keep his team in the Prem, as a Fulham fan I was rooting for the other American to do the same ... maybe god got confused when I asked him to help our American boy to create a goal.

Logicalman

I'm not certain that the term dive might be the correct one for Altidore. Perhaps to say that he tended to go down at the slightest or merest touch would be more appropriate, and that in itself, could constitute diving, as, although football is primarily a non-contact sport, there is always the odd nudge (and wink) and players clatter into others.

Altidore caused us (in the shape of Smalling) problems, no doubt, but I can see where Mr F is coming from on this, and if he carries on the same way, he'll be yet another graduate from the Ronaldo McDaldo school of diving, in the long run.