more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Roy has become "Realistic from the OFFAL

Started by epsomraver, April 01, 2010, 01:47:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

epsomraver

From the BBC
Wolfsburg were in the Champions League, they won the German league last year ahead of Bayern Munich. And Bayern Munich have just beaten Manchester United - so we have no chance., come on Roy is this your April fools joke?

The Doctor

Its all right, his Royness was just having a laugh with the interviewer who'd just suggested that "Fulham had already beaten better teams than Wolfsburg in the Europa League".  Roy's response was delivered in a jokey fashion, but illustrates that these things aren't as cut-and-dried as some would like us to believe and you can't rest on your laurels.

The interview can be seen over on the BBC's website, embedded in the match preview

Lighthouse

Fulham are a team of people and as such are pretty inconsistent. If we can lose to Hull so badly I see no chance of doing anything against Wolfensacksburg, However we did turn around a 4-1 score against Juventus, so I reckon we walk it tonight by 4 clear goals.

Roy was being subtle I guess or just supple in his verbal twists and turns.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

RidgeRider

Ok, I can't view the interview cause I am not "in the territory". Damn it all to hell! Anyone know away around these sites knowing I am a Yank?

The Doctor

RR, there's a version at www.fulhamfc.com/home as well (embedded video towards the bottom right).  Haven't had a chance to view it all (I'm about to leave for the game), but the first couple of questions are the same.

Enjoy the game everyone. COYW

Lighthouse

On the BBC Interview he is also asked about the rumour about West Ham complaining about the Hull team selection by Fulham. He deals it with by saying he would be surprised if that were true and if and when it is confirmed he will be surprised all over again. He also states that there is no complaint to answer.

Sometimes, like life, Football becomes a parody of itself.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Jimpav

Roy was playing court jester - not his usual role but fair play to him.

To put it into context my Yid supporting mate texted me after Spurs scored their 3rd goal and asked:

"Does this mean Spurs are better then Juventus?"

I replied:

"No, it means Wolves are better than Juventus."

RidgeRider

Quote from: The Doctor on April 01, 2010, 02:27:50 PM
RR, there's a version at www.fulhamfc.com/home as well (embedded video towards the bottom right).  Haven't had a chance to view it all (I'm about to leave for the game), but the first couple of questions are the same.

Enjoy the game everyone. COYW

Thank you! Enjoy the game. Sing loudly.