more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Qatari Royal Family Consider Fulham Purchase

Started by White Noise, May 06, 2012, 06:45:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimpav

Quote from: finnster01 on May 06, 2012, 11:16:45 AM
Well money won't stand in their way. That's the same family that just paid 120 million US dollars for the painting The Scream. These people spend for fun.

Mr Finn, they actually bought the pastel (a crappy practise verison), sniffed at by the art world as being worth a lot less - perhaps we can fob them off with QPR or Brentford?

finnster01

Quote from: Jimpav on May 06, 2012, 03:18:41 PM
Quote from: finnster01 on May 06, 2012, 11:16:45 AM
Well money won't stand in their way. That's the same family that just paid 120 million US dollars for the painting The Scream. These people spend for fun.

Mr Finn, they actually bought the pastel (a crappy practise verison), sniffed at by the art world as being worth a lot less - perhaps we can fob them off with QPR or Brentford?

Mr Jim, pastel or not, still the most expensive piece of art ever sold on an auction. If they can buy a toy like that, they can most certainly buy Fulham. The question at the end of the day is will MAF sell? Lets hope not, but I am not so certain if the offer is too good to refuse.

I guess this is all groundless journo speculation anyway.

COYW!!
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

Jimpav

I hope so too mate.

Would be nice to have MAF as our owner all the time he is living.

fulhamguy

Quote from: sipwell on May 06, 2012, 03:02:35 PM
Quote from: fulhamaustin on May 06, 2012, 12:21:52 PM
Think about it logically, if you had the choice to buy Newcastle or Fulham, commercially it makes every sense buying Newcastle and no sense buying Fulham.

Newcastle - Massive fan base, ready made stadium with massive gates and income, good players, in Europe already, 'big' club
Fulham - Competing against 2 other PL clubs within miles, not including other London clubs, small stadium (in comparison) that needs investment / new stadium for increased gates, need lots of investment to get into the PL elite

As Mike Ashley is a seasoned businessman, I think it is fair to say he would sell. He bought the clubs when performing poorly in the PL and now they are in Europe, possible challenging for Champions League. He's going to make a decent profit on his investments if he sells.

Can't see it happening to be honest. Anyway, if it does happen, ruins all the good work of our youth system. We will just do what Malaga have done and buy a bunch of oldies.

Wasn't Blackburn bought by an Indian mogul? Doesn't the same apply here?

How much money do the Blackburn owners have? Or actually spend on the club? They haven't spent any money and are relegating the club in the process....

Not all takeovers are sugar daddys. This Qatari family seem to have real ambitions though.
COYW!

fulhamben

its a yes from me. would love us to win something once just once
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

valdeingruo

Hesitant on this one, while i would love to see the money pumped into the club and see new big name players come to the "Fulham Revolution" I cant see the club without MAF. I would however support it if as WN said in another thread they bought 49% leaving MAF in total control.
Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi

LukeJennings

Leaving MAF in full control would be perfect, we all want to win cups but I also love the way fulham are at the moment, although this would definitely mean keeping hold of our best players!
Twitter; @lukealele

My YouTube channel - http://m.youtube.com/user/LukeJennings9

Please subscribe!

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: LukeJennings on May 06, 2012, 05:19:12 PM
Leaving MAF in full control would be perfect, we all want to win cups but I also love the way fulham are at the moment, although this would definitely mean keeping hold of our best players!
I doubt that very much. They aren't leaving purely because of money.

RPhillips

The Qataris may indeed have an interest in buying Newcastle, but probably not in FFC, for all of the reasons mentioned in several other posts on this board. I suspect that any potential interest in FFC which has been intimated (or even expressed) by the Qataris' 'intermediaries' is merely intended as a negotiation message to NUFC's owner, Mike Ashley, that his is not the only club under consideration by the Qataris.

Would MAF sell FFC to the Qataris? Of course he would, if the price were high enough -- i.e., anywhere near the £200m which MAF has invested in FFC (and which, let's be honest, he realistically has no chance of ever recovering absent a motivated, money-is-no-object buyer like the Qataris or a Russian oligarch stepping up to the plate). Don't forget, MAF categorically denied the rumour, right up to the day that the sale of Harrods -- to the Qataris -- completed, that he was selling the store.  

Just for the sake of argument: would I be bothered if MAF did indeed sell FFC to the Qataris? No, I actually think that it could be a positive change for FFC.

White Noise

Cos FFC is closer to Harrods, West London and all their rich arab mates than the Bigg Market.