Main Menu

Tuesday Fulham Stuff (08/05/12)...

Started by WhiteJC, May 08, 2012, 04:32:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Murphy laughs off England talk
Fulham ace rubbishes claim he could win recall under Roy Hodgson

Danny Murphy: Laughed off England talk

Fulham captain Danny Murphy has laughed off suggestions that he could be set for an England recall under Roy Hodgson.

The 35-year-old last played for England in 2003, but with his former Fulham boss Hodgson now in charge - some reports have claimed he could be in line to be recalled to the international scene.

But Murphy has dismissed claims that he could be involved again with the Three Lions.
"I have not thought about that for a long time," he said.

"My only thought when I heard he got the job was pleasure for him.

"I know what a gentleman he is and what a knowledgeable man he is and the players will certainly go into the Euros knowing what he wants from them. They will be well organised.

"Ray (Lewington) is a terrific coach as well and together they - them two and Mike Kelly - turned Fulham into nearly a Europa League-winning team.

"He will do his country proud. I think he is a terrific coach, an absolute

gentleman and I am really pleased for him."

Influential

If England scouts were at Craven Cottage at the weekend, they would have seen another influential performance by the Fulham captain.

Murphy led his side to a 2-1 victory over Sunderland to put the Whites on 52 points heading into the season finale against former club Tottenham next weekend.

"It is always nice to finish [your home campaign] with a win," said Murphy, who has yet to extend his contract past the summer.

"I think for the majority of the season, to be honest, we have played well here.

"The fans have witnessed some good football and I think in spells against Sunderland we played some terrific stuff.

"Even though Sunderland had some good spells as well, I think overall on chances we probably just edged it and deserved the win.

"When you finish the season, it is nice for the fans to go away and have a good memory for the return next season.

"We are playing for positions in the league, which is for both pride and financial reasons.

"Let's be honest, every time you finish a couple of places above where you anticipate is good for the club, who get more money from the Premier League, and in terms of your own personal pride to try and beat what we have already done.

"Our best is seventh and I don't think we can beat that and we got eighth last year.

"To try and get in the top eight would be a terrific achievement. With one game left, why not?"

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/7738135/?

WhiteJC

Why the Euros will be good for Fulham's transfer dealings
by LYDIA on MAY 7, 2012

Most fans would agree that Clint Dempsey and Moussa Dembele have been fantastic for Fulham this season. Dempsey is just different class to many modern players with his determined running, the regular touch of pure brilliance and he deserves the praise that he has received this season. Add in his fantastic goal scoring return this season and the fact that he seems to have everything in his locker (heading, clinical finishing, free kicks and 25-yard hum-dingers) I sometimes fret that he might not be in a Fulham shirt next season.

Dembele is another player who has been pure class this season, especially since he has been dropped slightly deeper by Jol. He was one of the players that I was most excited to see when I visited the Cottage this year. The way he glides past players is beautiful to watch and his tackling has also really improves. My only criticism of him would be that he doesn't really score enough goals but that is something that he himself has said that he would like to improve. It is very important that Fulham hold on to these players if we want to carry on our development under Jol.

At first I wondered how exactly we were going to do this but then I remembered what tournament will be played this summer-  the European Championships. It is always the trend that players have the chance to impress at the big tournaments and often if a player plays well; all the lights shine on them over the summer transfers. This might just play into Fulham's hands when they try and keep a hold on Dempsey and Dembele as neither player will be at the Euros. Dempsey's USA will obviously not be there and Belgium didn't qualify so neither player will be in the spotlight in that way. I'm hoping that this will play into Fulham's hands but I still think that it will be hard to keep them both at Fulham. Although they both suit Fulham and as a club on the up, I hope they give us another season to get into Europe, something which is a realistic target for next season.

COYW!

http://hammyend.com/index.php/2012/05/why-the-euros-are-good-for-fulhams-transfer-dealings/?

WhiteJC

Oranje is het nieuwe zwart
by LYDIA on MAY 7, 2012

Any fluent Dutch speakers out there? No? Well don't fret, I've got your back! The new slogan on the Fulham website can translate as 'Orange is the new black' from the original Dutch and it doesn't take a genius to have a good guess at what this might mean. This season's away kit is a slick all black kit and was by far my favourite away strip so far but orange is a colour that excites me purely because it reminds me of the Dutch hockey kit. The Dutch are one of the greatest hockey nations in the world and they play beautiful, fluent hockey and score a lot of goals. It just makes me imagine a Fulham team who are going to play fluent football away from home next season and score more goals than we managed this year!

The banner suggests that the kit will be orange and black and I'm pretty excited about that! Some people will say that a kit makes no difference but trust me, as a sportswoman myself, the motivational factors involving kit are important to factor in. Believe it or not but feeling and looking good can get players in the right mindset when games come up. It is not always the case, but for some players, kit is very important!

http://hammyend.com/index.php/2012/05/oranje-is-het-nieuwe-zwart/?

WhiteJC

Kelly and Duff included in Irish Euro 2012 squad
by DAN on MAY 7, 2012

Fulham pair Stephen Kelly and Damien Duff have been named in the Republic of Ireland squad for this summer's European Championship finals in Ukraine and Poland.

The call-ups by Giovanni Trapattoni, although not entirely unexpected, are a fitting reward for the duo's energetic end to the domestic campaign. Kelly and Duff have dovetailed down the Fulham successfully since the former Newcastle winger made his return to the starting line-up in March. Kelly has had a terrific season, usurping Chris Baird as Jol's first choice at right back after the cruciate injury suffered by Zdenek Grygera, and only last week was offered a new contract in recognition of his outstanding performances.

Kelly could well be a key member of the Irish defence at the tournament, where the Irish are drawn against Croatia, Spain and Trapattoni's native Italy in Group C. Duff might face combination from his opposite number at Craven Cottage yesterday afternoon – the Sunderland teenager winger James McClean, who has been in sensational form since being handed an opportunity to impress new Stadium of Light boss Martin O'Neill.

The big story from today's announcement is that the omission of Wigan midfielder James McCarthy, who asked to be left out as his father is currently battling cancer.

REPUBLIC OF IRELAND SQUAD – GOALKEEPERS: Shay Given (Aston Villa), Keiren Westwood (Sunderland), David Forde (Millwall).

DEFENDERS: John O'Shea (Sunderland), Richard Dunne (Aston Villa), Stephen Ward (Wolverhampton Wanderers), Sean St Ledger (Leicester City), Darren O'Dea (Celtic), Stephen Kelly (Fulham), Kevin Foley (Wolverhampton Wanderers).

MIDFIELDERS: Glenn Whelan (Stoke City), Keith Andrews (West Bromwich Albion), Aiden McGeady (Spartak Moskva), Darron Gibson (Everton), Keith Fahey (Birmingham City), Damien Duff (Fulham), Stephen Hunt (Wolverhampton Wanderers), James McClean (Sunderland).

STRIKERS: Robbie Keane (LA Galaxy), Kevin Doyle (Wolverhampton Wanderers), Shane Long (West Bromwich Albion), Jonathan Walters (Stoke City), Simon Cox (West Bromwich Albion).

http://hammyend.com/index.php/2012/05/kelly-and-duff-included-in-irish-euro-2012-squad/?

WhiteJC

There is no-one quite like Clint Dempsey

Clint Dempsey has, by some quite extraordinary distance, played his way through his most prolific campaign in football and has come out of the other end as a player cherished by his club and also desired by many, far more affluent, others. He's displayed, this year, an ability to coax the very best of his talents into the open and parade them for all to see. The American is Fulham's top scorer, with 23 goals to match his number 23 shirt, and 6 Premier League assists, just, simply, to exemplify his rather compelling case.

No surprises, then, when Liverpool chairman, Tom Werner, expressed his admiration for the midfielder in what was a very poorly disguised invitation to ply his trade on Merseyside. "Any team would be lucky to have Clint Dempsey playing on their squad," were his words, and truthful and flattering though they were, they were not appreciated in SW6. However, you get the feeling that Dempsey is too good for Anfield now and that is the measurement of just how far this player has come.

It may well seem as though Dempsey's journey into the limelight was one formed brashly and forcefully over the course of this season but, in reality, the signs have been present ever since he turned up in England. In his first season, he consigned himself into the history books by scoring the goal that would, ultimately, save Fulham from relegation, against Liverpool, in quite emphatic fashion.

When the Europa League came along in 2010, we were grateful for his moments of unique mastery, but he aided our progression in many greater ways than his splendidly timed and wonderfully executed strike over a hapless Antonio Chimenti of Juventus. It was a fine strike, plucked from the very depth of his ever deepening powers, of such damning importance, but he had done more than that and gone wholly unnoticed. He scored three goals in Europe that year and came out of a season of 47 matches seemingly unperturbed.

Under Hughes, his pedigree only grew and now, in his finest year to date, he has come to embody, for want of a better word, perfection. Not perfection, necessarily, in the way in which he plays this game, or in the way in which he has chalked up goals in this campaign as though they were essential to his very own survival, but in his mentality and in his unerring capability of turning up at exactly the right moment at exactly the right time. There is no coincidence with this player, though - it is hard work.

His captain, Danny Murphy, put it quite consummately in a post match interview after Fulham had earned a respectable draw with Chelsea, in which Dempsey had yet again proven the difference between mediocrity and success: "It's not luck, it's his work ethic. I've never trained with anyone like this man." And that's where the gratitude and the love for Dempsey stems from - it's not because he is such an uncommonly gifted footballer, but because he is prepared to dedicate everything he has to football and reap its rich rewards. That's why I would not begrudge him a move to something bigger, better and ultimately more fulfilling, but there is no doubting the harm it would do Fulham FC.

He has become so increasingly vital at Craven Cottage that it has now reached a point where, without him, the outlook is nothing more than depressing. He is so blessed with such an array of cardinal talents and, from his midfield position, has blitzed this league as though it were mere fun and games. Frank Lampard, one of few midfielders famed for his goalscoring talents, has scored seven fewer goals than our very own Texan bomb and hasn't been nearly as influential in his team's advancement. Higher praise can be sought elsewhere but there is no time to seek each and every appraisal Dempsey has received this year.

The worry has to be, of course, that he will depart and that there will be no other player like him out there but, unfortunately, the worry is all but a certainty anyway. We at least know that there is no one in the same ilk as Dempsey who could do such a stunning job, and do so with such a humbling compassion and grace. The chances of him leaving, too, seems to increase as every hour passes as Arsene Wenger, supposedly, plans for a season with this American at the foreground and Kenny Dalglish, allegedly, attempts to extract yet more money from his increasingly rattled superiors to fund Dempsey's purchase.

We must, then, prepare for life without Dempsey but the prognosis will forever be saddening for, despite all the legends that have passed through the Cottage corridors in the many years of the past, he will be one of those that is most sorely missed and is most fondly remembered.

http://www.cottagersconfidential.com/2012/5/7/3005422/there-is-no-one-quite-like-clint-dempsey?

WhiteJC

Fulham v Sunderland report

Looking at the fixtures earlier in the season, I'd looked at this game back in October thinking it could be crucial with us at that time, hovering around the relegation zone . Well in a way, it was a big game, it was to ensure we finished in the top 10 for the 3rd time in 4 years. Throw 3 different managers into those 4 years, the change of personnel and playing styles that go with that and it makes you realise how great an achievement that is. We are in fact only 2nd behind Manchester City in the form guide over the last 6 games and out of the last 6 away games, we've won 3 which normally equates to a season's worth of wins for Fulham.

Prior to the game, there had been various rumours about players leaving Fulham in the summer and this meant it could possibly be the last home game for some of our bigger stars, namely Dempsey, Dembele and Murphy. If any were to go, would they deliver a performance to say Au Revoir in style?

The team was a familiar one from recent outings and the only change from the Liverpool game was Diarra coming in for Kakaniklic. With 2 teams sat in the middle of the table with neither relegation problems or European aspirations, you could be forgiven for thinking the game would be played at half pace.

Fulham started brightly and as has been familiar under Jol as the season has progressed, we're not afraid to keep the ball until there's an opening rather than just punt the ball up field, with Diarra and Danny pulling the strings. It was a run from Diarra on 12 minutes that led to Cattermole bringing him down and giving us a free kick 25 yards from goal. Who else would step up to take it other than our man on a hot streak, Dempsey. The position was almost identical to where he had scored a few weeks earlier against Bolton and the result was exactly the same, fired into the top corner, giving the keeper little chance and Fulham a deserved 1-0 lead.

Even though they were behind, Sunderland kept passing well but had created very little until the 34th minute when Bardsley linked with Colback and Ji to fire a fantastic effort in from 20 yards. It was a goal of real class and showed that Sunderland weren't yet packed and on their hols, they were at the Cottage to go for a win.

The celebrations for the goal from Sunderland were at least a minute which was approximately 50 seconds longer than their lead lasted after the re-start. From the kick off, the ball was played into Dembele who dropped his shoulder to get past the 1st man and then he drove towards the Sunderland area. With another jink, he made space and got his shot away from 20 yards and via a slight deflection from Turners knee, the ball was in the top corner. A little lucky maybe but fully deserved after an incisive run from our silky skilled Belgian. No doubt Martin O'Neil was livid but Fulham deserved to be ahead after making the most positive moments in the match.

There was one moment of late drama in the half when on 44 minutes, Riise made a fantastic tackle taking the ball on the edge of the area which Martin Atkinson appear to judge as dangerous play and we were left to defend a free kick in a dangerous position. Thankfully the ball went wide but to have conceded a goal from that move would have been a travesty.

The 2nd half started well again for Fulham with Duff, Riise and Kelly all moving forward and looking to put dangerous balls into the box. Duff had a good effort well saved from Mignolet and at one stage, it looked like Kelly was going to get a well deserved goal but unfortunately it was straight at the keeper. What it showed though was how much Kelly's game confidence has grown this season and he really has done a fantastic job in holding down the right back position. We may well be looking to bring in a younger player in that role in the summer but I hope that Kelly signs an extension in the summer as he fully deserves it.

The game moved along with no further incidents until the 76th minute when the newly introduced substitutes Bendnter and Campbell combined to allow the latter a free chance 8 yards from goal. Thankfully for Fulham, he showed the composure of Heskey and dragged the ball wide, a big let off.

The game was nearing a nervy end when Dempsey was bought down in the centre circle and the ball drifted to Dembele. Martin Atkinson remembering that refs are allowed to play advantage, let Dembele continue and he went on a mazy run, finding himself in the box after losing 4 players. His shot was strong and low but unfortunately too close to Mignolet and after hitting his leg, it went over for a corner.

So that was it, a 2-1 win in front of the Cottage faithful followed by the end of season parade of the players with their families. A very good performance from the boys in white, showing patience, passing with style and playing extremely well from the back and through the middle. The only player that didn't particularly stand out for me yesterday was the Pog, plenty of running and jumping for headers (although not winning many) but not really creating any good opportunities. Maybe a little harsh on him but he did show full commitment.

As the season draws to a close, you can't help but think if we can keep our best players and add some talented youth, where could we be next year? There will be plenty of talk of transfers both in and out over the coming months and if Dempsey and Dembele don't sign their extensions soon, for me, that means they will be on their way. It will be tough to replace Dempsey's goals and Dembele's skill and composure on the ball but Jol does seem to be a man with a plan and he will have target's to replace these and quite possibly Danny. Danny will be the toughest to replace for me though as much for his vision on the pitch but also his leadership. Players of his ilk are very rare, especially in the English game. I really want Danny to be here beyond his playing career and be a coach at some level with us and I'm hoping the club can come to an agreement to allow this to happen.

Well, the season is nearly done and it's exceeded my expectations after all the changes . Thanks for reading my 1st post and here's to making it 5 away wins this season at Spurs.

http://www.cottagersconfidential.com/2012/5/7/3005619/fulham-v-sunderland-report?

WhiteJC

Arsenal and Liverpool to battle for signature of American international

Arsenal and Liverpool are set to face-off in the battle to sign Fulham attacker Clint Dempsey, reports the Mirror.

The American has enjoyed a brilliant season at Craven Cottage under the management of Martin Jol and continued his excellent goalscoring form against Sunderland on Sunday with his 17th Premier League strike of 2011/12.

This form has alerted both Arsenal and Liverpool who will be aware that the 29-year-old has just over a year to run on his contract at Fulham – meaning the Londoner's will need to make a decision on the player's future in the coming months.

Liverpool chairman Tom Werner recently hinted that the Reds could swoop for Dempsey. "Any team would be lucky to have Clint Dempsey playing on their squad," he is quoted by the Mirror.

However, the speculation claims that Arsenal are slightly ahead of Liverpool in the race for Dempsey's signature with the Gunners likely to be able to offer Champions League footballer to the attacking midfielder.

http://www.cleansheetsallround.co.uk/2012/05/arsenal-and-liverpool-to-battle-for-signature-of-american-international?

WhiteJC

MARTIN JOL HITCH TO YOUNES KABOUL'S GLORY RIDE

YOUNES KABOUL says ­Tottenham dread ex-boss Martin Jol stamping on their Champions League dream.

Jol returns to White Hart Lane on Sunday for the first time since getting the bullet in 2007, despite guiding Spurs to fifth two seasons running.

Back then Tottenham just missed out on Champions League qualification – and it's a nightmare Kaboul is hoping will not repeat itself.

Kaboul said: "If we don't get into the Champions League, it's going to be very disappointing for us because I think we've had a very good season. I think we deserve the Champions League.

"We don't want Martin to come back and get a result. No, definitely not!

"If we lose next weekend, it's going to be a big disappointment. It's important for us, so we have to take all three points in the last game, definitely."

Harry Redknapp's side, somewhat ironically, look in the direction of Roy Hodgson's West Brom to do them a massive favour by beating Arsenal.

Hodgson pipped Redknapp for the England job and says an emotional farewell to club football when his ­Baggies welcome the Gunners.

France defender Kaboul, 26, is in no doubt that Hodgson's men have enough in their armoury to spike their arch north London rivals.

The centre-back added: "West Brom at home is very difficult because there's always a great atmosphere there.

"And it's going to be the last game for the manager before he leaves and that will be a special occasion.

"The players will want to give him a win before he leaves and it's going to be a tough game for Arsenal."

Kaboul says those questioning team spirit after a disappointing run might have to think again.

Spurs dug out a point and could quite easily have won at Aston Villa after playing almost half the game with 10 men following Danny Rose's red card.

Kaboul added: "I think in the last three games we've shown quality ­football and a very good team spirit.

"That's the most important thing in a football team. In the squad you need to have a very good team spirit and ­everyone going the same way."

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/view/250118/Martin-Jol-hitch-to-Younes-Kaboul-s-glory-ride-/?

WhiteJC

Fulham closing in on Dutch duo?
by DAN on MAY 8, 2012

Herenveen wingers Narsingh and Aissaidi are reportedly
on the verge of a £10m move to Fulham

This morning's newspapers suggest that Fulham are about to conclude a £10m deal to sign Herenveen's exciting wingers Luciano Narsingh and Oussama Assaidi, who are both poised to sign five-year contracts with the Premier League club.

The Eredivisie side, who turned down several serious approaches from teams both in Holland and abroad for the pair during the January transfer window, have been forced to sell their two stars after both players confirmed that they wouldn't be extending their contracts at Herenveen. With their deals due to expire next summer, Narsingh and Assaidi have generated great interest from across Europe.

Ajax are believed to be very keen on signing Narsingh, a Dutch under-21 international, who came up through their youth academy. According to reports in the Dutch press, Ajax are hoping to talk to Mino Raiola – the young winger's agent next week – although a British tabloid claims that a deal to bring the versatile and pacey wide man to London is already in place. Narsingh, who was handed a first call-up to the Dutch senior squad by national team coach Bert van Marwijk for the February friendly against England at Wembley, scored twelve goals and made 22 more in 44 appearances for Herenveen this season. He is expected to be part of van Marwijk's Euro 2012 squad even though he has yet to make his debut for the senior side.

Martin Jol has also moved quickly to finalise a deal to sign Narsingh's Herenveen team-mate Assaidi, a Moroccan international who has had a big impact since joining the club from De Graafschap on the final day of the August 2009 transfer window. The 23 year-old left winger, who can also play up front, really shone in his first full season in the Eredivisie, scoring ten goals and adding fourteen assists, under new coach Ron Jans, whose influence is credited with ensuring that Assaidi rebuffed an approach from PSV Eindhoven. Aissadi scored ten goals in 23 league appearances this season as Herenveen finished fifth, just a point off qualifying for European football.

What these moves – should they go through – would mean for the Fulham future of Damien Duff as well as the first team chances of Kerim Frei and Alex Kacaniklic, so impressive in the second half of this campaign, remains to be seen.

http://hammyend.com/index.php/2012/05/fulham-closing-in-on-dutch-duo/?

WhiteJC

Fulham Report: Match day 417
"Let us now praise famous men.."

For supporters like me who did not watch the Fulham sides with Johnny Haynes, Bobby Robson, George Cohen and the other luminaries of the Trinder years, this has been an unbeatable era, the peaks of which would have seemed unattainable if not delusional when I began following the Fulham in earnest about ten years ago. The final home match of the season is appealing insofar as it is often played under balmy conditions preceded by riparian ales. I like it moreso because we acknowledge our players as young men with families who sacrifice that family life to provide us our entertainment and as a true "family club" it is right and just to thank them all for their contributions.

This season's last home match in particular represents a final time to pay of respects to this golden generation of Fulham players. Yes, I arrived this morning to thank Clint Dempsey, but also, to Simon Davies, the scorer of that sublime and impossible 75th minute goal on the 29th of April, 2010, shifting and shooting across his body, and then again in Hamburg in front of the Athletico end. I came to thank Dickson Etuhu, whose short series of square balls back to Murphy were exactly what we needed to stabilize midfield in the post "Wellard" era. I came to thank Chris Baird, the hero of centre midfield in two legs against Juventus, who saved our season 2010-11 season with his veteran leadership off the pitch after the Boxing day disaster and backed it up with two goals against dreaded Stoke, and for good measure, punched Wellard in the nose: Howzat! I came to thank Andy Johnson for his determination to battle back from recurring injuries and for that one glorious October afternoon when it all seemed worth it. The memories they have given us, like the dead, "will not grow old, as we grow old." They will forever be etched like the photo of the XI who faced Juventus. As Lord Lindsay said of his fellow British heroes of 1924 "we can close our eyes and remember those few young men with hope in our hearts and wings in our heels."

Unlike most end-of-season matches, this match was played under dreek, caledonian skies but the match itself was anything but grey with three unstoppable goals punctuating 93 minutes of exquisite passing from both sides. AFC Sunderland are a lot like us. Lee Catermole is Murphy like in his reading and control of the game and Dong-Won Li's back pass to Bardsley would have looked in place if executed in white and black. Their approach is like ours but without our surfeit of international class.

Someone explained to me that Leslie was all about training to win individual battles and I think it showed by this time last year with all the short trianglular ball movements to create space. Today's Maarten Jol style of totaalvoetbal showed much more five and six man diagonal ball movement starting from the backs. Some have already noted Diarra and Dembele's midfield excellence, but I noticed early on that in contrast to Diarra's early matches, where he played the Michael Essian role behind Murphy, today Murphy played behind Diarra and tried to feed him through balls in attack. In the early second half, Diarra and Dembele began switching vertically as well. MON's strangely witless riposte was to bring on Bendtner to try to get in behind the Thames barrier though it never seemed likely Sunderland could establish centre forward dominance. The move seemed to concede the tactical advantage to Jol to bring on Frei's pace, for which Sunderland's only rejoinder was to consistently foul. Despite our numerous chances, including a brilliant foot save by Mignolet, the Mackem's could and should have shared the points had Frazier Campbell not shot wide low and left of an open goal once Bendtner' side footed pass put him through.

My MOTM was Moussa Dembélé not so much for his goal as for his peerless ball winning. The player he reminds me most of is Zinho, the fulcrum of Brazil's World Cup squad. I recall him being nicknamed something akin to the human rotary cleaner for his ability to cycle, gain possession and when dispossessed, gain it back. I think it was meant derisively by some Brazil supporters at USA '94 who preferred a more Socratic method. One can not help but to behold Moussa's elegance in movement and when he scored Maarten Jol celebrated as though it was his son's goal.

I pleased me to hear the Hammersmith end singing for Maarten Jol in the second half, for the first time I had attended since Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk back on a wet night in August. First, I genuinely like his personality. Sarah Brookes' pre-match interview consisted of perhaps four questions and Jol chundering on as if he were a fan describing the match to another fan who also had not attended, and in that simile hides a modicum of truth. Second, I thought he would eventually be successful once able to implement his 4-3-3. Coming into the role as he did little more than a fortnight before our first Europa League match however meant having to win immediately with players and a style he had inherited. It was for him both a Hobsons choice and a choice of Hodgsons (players and tactics).

Today marked the final page of Roy Hodgson's Fulham. Si monumentum requiris, circumspice. From today onward, "Jol is het nieuwe Fulham."

The future is bright. The future is orange.

http://www.fulhamusa.com/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&id=92%3Afulham-report-match-day-417&Itemid=57