more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Thursday Fulham Stuff (10/05/12)...

Started by WhiteJC, May 10, 2012, 04:40:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Jol sets up double Dutch deal

Fulham showed Heerenveen duo Luciano Narsingh and Oussama Assaidi their facilities this week ahead of a planned summer double deal.

The two wingers travelled to London on Monday to take a tour of Craven Cottage and the club's Surrey training ground.

Fulham manager Martin Jol has identified the duo as potential replacements if USA international Clint Dempsey leaves in the summer.

The Cottagers have yet to agree terms with Heerenveen, but the Eredivisie club have given their permission for talks to get underway with the agent involved.

"We have given agent Mino Raiola and the players the space to talk," Heerenveen technical director Johan Hansma told De Telegraaf.

"Narsingh and Assaidi had to have a good feeling with a club. It doesn't make any sense if we reach an agreement with a club and the players won't want to go there. To succeed in a transfer there are three sides needed."

Assaidi, 23, and Narsingh, 21, both have just one year left on their contracts.

Narsingh has also caught the attention of PSV and Ajax, with Heerenveen having rejected a first offer from the Amsterdam giants.

http://www.clubcall.com/fulham/jol-sets-up-double-dutch-deal-1427099.html?

WhiteJC

WBA 1-2 Reserves

Fulham's Development Squad ended the 2011/12 season in style on Wednesday afternoon by beating West Bromwich Albion's Reserve team by two goals to one to secure second place in the Barclays Premier Reserve League South.

FFC's win in the Midlands took the Development Squad's unbeaten run to seven games, with 17 points taken from a possible 21 over the final two months of the season.

Once again Marcello Trotta was on the scoresheet on Wednesday afternoon, scoring his sixth goal in three games to earn the Whites the lead after 26 minutes. West Bromwich Albion responded eight minutes later through Kemar Roofe but Alex Smith's goal six minutes before half-time was enough to claim all three points.

Fulham ended the campaign in second place, just three points behind Barclays Premier Reserve League South Champions Aston Villa.

FFC Development Team:

Neil Etheridge, Alex Brister, Courtney Harris, Josh Pritchard, Dan Burn, Mahrez Bettache (Vigen Christensen 75), Ryan Williams (Na Bangna 45), Alex Smith, Marcello Trotta, Tom Donegan, Charles Banya

Subs: Marcus Bettinelli, Buomesca Tue Na Bangna, Rob Maloney, Lasse Vigen Christensen

WBA Reserve Team:

Marton Fulop, James Hurst, Wesley Atkinson, Sam Mantom, Craig Dawson (Daniels 75), Paul Downing, Kemar Roofe, Scott Allan (Nabi 61), Romaine Sawyers, Lateef Elford-Alliyu, Saido Berahino (Brown 82)

Subs: Adil Nabi, Shane Lewis, Donervorn Daniels, Mani O'Sullivan, Kayelden Brown

Read more: http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2012/May/ReservesvWBAResult.aspx?#ixzz1uR0xGGFF

WhiteJC

Title Challenge

Fulham U18s' season reaches its climax on Saturday afternoon when Kit Symons' side compete in the Premier Academy League Final against Blackburn Rovers at Craven Cottage (KO 2pm).

A fine run of form towards the end of the campaign saw the Whites overtake title rivals Southampton and Arsenal to top Group A before seeing off Leicester City by two goals to one in the Semi Final.

It is the second consecutive year Fulham have made it to the Final and Ronny Minkwitz, who scored in last year's defeat at the hands of Everton, is all the more determined to take home the trophy this time around.

"I think this year we have an even better squad than we did last time so we have a bigger chance of winning," the Academy skipper told fulhamfc.com.

"Obviously I'm just desperate to win the game. I'm especially keen to win as we didn't win the Youth Cup when we had a good chance, so let's get the Premier League title instead.

"It was very nice to see so many fans come out to support us at Motspur Park in the Semi Final. I think there were maybe 400 or 500 people there which was fantastic to see and I hope that there are going to be a lot of supporters when we face Blackburn in the Final.

"It's definitely a bonus that we don't have to travel far for the match and of course it is always great to play at Craven Cottage because it's our home stadium."

Minkwitz will be a third year professional scholar in the 2012/13 campaign and, with many Development Squad appearances to his name already this campaign, it seems likely that Saturday could be his final outing for the Under 18s.

"It would be nice to say farewell to the Academy with a win against Blackburn," Ronny said. "I'm just looking at the Development Squad for next season and I hope that I can cement my place in the Reserves, then maybe even the First Team. I just want to play as much football as possible."

Tickets will be available on the gate at Craven Cottage on Saturday priced at £3 for adults and just £1 for juniors and concessions.

Read more: http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2012/May/GloryBeckons.aspx?#ixzz1uR1CwXgT

WhiteJC

WHY DEMPSEY SHOULD CHOOSE ARSENAL OVER LIVERPOOL

While it appears to be an open secret that Liverpool will be attempting to tempt Clint Dempsey North come the summer, demonstarted by Liverpool Chairman Tom Werner stating that any team would be lucky to have the Fulham midfielder.

But it appears Liverpool will face competition from a side wishing to ensure Dempsey remains in the capital.

The Metro report that Arsenal are ready to go head to head with Liverpool in a battle for the American, with the bidding reported to be starting as low as £7 million. Here's 3 reasons why Dempsey should choose Arsenal over Anfield:

Champions League Football: Moving to Arsenal Dempsey would almost be assured of competing in Europe's top club competition, while Liverpool still seem a distance from being able to offer the prospect of competing in the competition they've won five times. At 29 years old Dempsey may feel that he doesn't have time to wait for Liverpool's rebuilding process to progress to once again challenging for the games top honours. Although its several years since Arsenal lost won a major trophy they still appear better placed to compete.

Arsenal's style of play: Arsenal's style of pass and move football should be well suited to Dempsey, and his appetite for a shot around the box would be a great asset for a side often accused of attempting to walk the ball into the net. Liverpool in contrast still seem to be attempting to formulate their game plan, with part of Andy Carroll's struggles being related to Liverpool's uncertain tactics.

Location: In a game where millions of pounds separate the Premiership professional from the man in the street it is all too easy to forget that footballers are human beings with families. Dempsey has two young children and would have to uproot his family in order to move to Liverpool, where as Arsenal would allow him to pursue his career goals without disrupting his family.

http://www.footballtransfertavern.com/2012/05/uncategorised/why-dempsey-should-choose-arsenal-over-liverpool?

WhiteJC

Manchester United, City & Chelsea join race to sign £12m Dembele
The Belgian striker-turned-playmaker is regarded as a cut-price option by Premier League big guns ahead of summer scramble for his signature, with the Londoners willing to cash in

EXCLUSIVE
By Wayne Veysey | Chief Correspondent

Manchester United, Manchester City and Chelsea have joined the race to land Moussa Dembele from Fulham in the summer, Goal.com can disclose.

The attacking midfielder is being closely watched by all the Premier League big guns as the stampede for his signature increases.

Goal.com revealed in March that Arsenal, Liverpool and Tottenham were closely monitoring the 24-year-old.

And the Belgium international's instrumental role in Fulham's climb to ninth in the Premier League has now also alerted the three English clubs with the biggest wage bills.

Dembele is rated at £12-£15million by Fulham, where he has matured this season into one of the most accomplished playmakers in the Premier League.

However, Dembele will have only a year left on his contract come the end of the current season and the bidding for his services is likely to start at below the £10m mark.

Fulham are keen to agree new terms with the player, who joined from Dutch club AZ Alkmaar for £5m in the summer of 2010.

But the west Londoners, whose highest paid player is goalkeeper Mark Schwarzer, know they cannot compete in terms of wages or status with the richest Premier League clubs, and accept they will struggle to hold on to the Belgian were he to receive an attractive offer in the summer.

Dembele is considered by Fulham to be one of their two prize assets along with Clint Dempsey, whose future is also shrouded in doubt with a year remaining on his contract. The club are more likely to cash in on the Belgian because of his greater market value than his free-scoring 29-year-old sidekick.

Dembele was initially signed as a striker but Martin Jol has played him almost exclusively in an attacking midfield role, including in a central two in recent months, and he has responded with some of the best football of his career.

He has scored only seven goals in 71 appearances for Fulham, including just two goals this season although regular observers believe he could be even more effective playing with higher quality players

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2012/05/10/3091689/manchester-united-manchester-city-and-chelsea-join-12million?

WhiteJC

The Opposition View: Spurs v Fulham

Whilst Spurs fans are thinking of déjà vu and lasagne, their Fulham equivalents are preparing for the summer. Ahead of this weekend's season defining afternoon, I interrupted a Cottager in the process of digging out his flip flops and barbecue tongs and asked him a few questions about what life's been like in their first season under BMJ.

Who are you and why on earth do you support Fulham?

My great grandfather captained Fulham in the late 1800s so it has been a bit of a family tradition ever since.

After a slow start Fulham have picked up well, I'm guessing you're pleased with your season over all?

From 15th place in January to 8th in May, and with our best ever Premiership points haul already, it has been a remarkable end to the season for us.

However, getting dumped out of Europe when group qualification was in our hands after such an early start was a real disappointment (even if our league form improved as a result).

For a club like Fulham 8th is pretty much top of our league and we are playing some great football, so in summary – very pleased.

And how about Big Martin Jol, he was popular at Spurs as I'm sure you know?

I can see why – Fulham was a tricky appointment considering that many thought that such an early start with Europa & the oldest squad in the league might cause us a few problems later in the season.

Given the task of of overhauling the squad age-wise whilst maintaining success on the pitch, Jol has not only brought in some exciting young talent, but also built on the foundations created by Hodgson & Hughes to create a solid attractive style of football which has made him an instant hit with the Fulham faithful

What happened with Bobby Zamora? He seemed to have found a niche at the Cottage but was then surprisingly moved on in January?

The wrong side of thirty and with couple of surprise late England caps under his belt,  I think Bobby and his agent recognised a window of opportunity to secure one last big contract.

In a way it worked out well for all parties as we have improved significantly as team since his departure, he gets a big fat contract to take him to 34, and QPR are within sight of safety.

Clint Dempsey's had a good campaign and Fulham must be expecting enquiries. Do you think he'd stay if an offer came in?
Clint has been a great servant for the club so at 29 and in the form of his life, no-one can blame him for being ambitious.

Unless someone offers CL or silly money I would hope he would stay as he is clearly thriving within the set up we have here.

Any other Cottagers we should be keeping an eye on?

It is no great secret that Dembele is coveted by clubs further up the table and this season has been another step up for him in terms of quality. With a year left on his contract it is hard to see him staying if the right offer comes in.

It's a big game for Spurs of course. Any chance of your lads lying down and letting us win, after all it means nothing to you?

I don't think we will lie down as there is pride at stake and it would not be fair on our supporters. That said, you have a lot more to play for and our away form is still pretty woeful so it is very much in your hands.

Be careful not to underestimate us though as we are finishing the season on a bit of a run of form and Jol will be up for this one.

After the Lasgnagate game of 2006 it's ironic that Jol now stands between Spurs and a (albeit Bavarian dependant) CL place? Does Jol talk about his time at White Hart Lane much?

Compared to Mark Hughes whose endless prickly refences to City suggested both unfinished buiness (and maybe counselling required), the big, affable dutchman seems a lot less burdened by his past experiences.

I think Jol is proud of his management record and that includes what he acheived at Spurs, even if it ended on a slightly sour note.

Have you seen much of us this season and any observations if you have?

I was surprised that you sacrificed Europa for the league as you seemed well suited to a run in European competition but it has clearly now paid dividends in terms of potential CL qualification.

Many fans would ask though – although you have a surplus of talent in the squad , are you good enough to complete in the CL and maintain top four league form without a step change in investment levels..?

For example, Adebayor has been a key player for you this season but are you prepared spend big to keep him out of the clutches of PSG or some cash rich Russion club..?

For the neutral Spurs in the CL will be great to watch and if you can kick on without the monopoly money approach then all the better.

And finally a few quick ones -

Hugh Grant or Jude Law?
Hugh Grant

Tommy Trinder or Peter Cook?
Peter Cook

Lily Allen or Adele?
Lilly Allen

And finally a prediction for Sunday please.

Given the circumtances I think you wil edge (2-1)

Thanks very much Matt, enjoy your summer!

http://www.spurs-web.com/spurs-news/spurs-fulham-fan-view/?

WhiteJC

Euro 2012: Pogrebnyak aims to shine for Russia

A left knee injury forced Pavel Pogrebnyak to watch the last European Championship on television. This time, the Russia striker is looking have the same impact at Euro 2012 as he did this year in the English Premier League.

The powerful 28-year-old center forward exploded onto the scene in January after arriving at Fulham from Stuttgart. He scored only minutes into his Fulham debut and went on to notch five goals in his first three matches, including a hat trick against Wolverhampton Wanderers.

Injury put the brakes on the goal glut, but when he returned to action recently, he immediately regained his scoring touch, notching the 100th goal of his career in Fulham's 2-1 win over Wigan.

Pogrebnyak was joint top scorer in the 2008 UEFA Cup campaign won by his former club Zenit St. Petersburg with 10 goals, even though he was suspended for the final 2-0 victory over Scottish club Rangers.

Missing that final was followed by even greater heartache when an injury on the eve of Euro 2008 forced him out of the tournament, in which the unheralded Russian team advanced to the semifinals.

"I was very upset. My injury was not well timed," Pogrebnyak said in an interview with UEFA. "I supported them on TV and called them wishing them to win."

Now he is eager to make amends in Poland and Ukraine and add to his tally of eight goals in 31 international appearances.

He is considered likely to spearhead Russia's forward line in Group A, where the team faces co-host Poland, Euro 2004 champion Greece and the Czech Republic.

Pogrebnyak was with his former team, Stuttgart, when the draw for Euro 2012 was made.

"Everybody's reaction was we got an easy draw, but I believe we have the most equal group, where all the opponents are equal," he said. "We are even at a disadvantage because we have one of the host teams playing in our group. That's why it will be very interesting - qualifying from the group is not guaranteed for anyone."

A strong tournament in Poland and Ukraine would also help Pogrebnyak negotiate his next club contract as he becomes a free agent when his short-term Fulham deal expires.

Fulham coach Martin Jol has publicly said he hopes to keep Pogrebnyak at Craven Cottage after the end of this season, saying he has already made him a good offer and virtually guaranteed him a permanent spot at center forward.

"With me, Pavel knows that if he gives 100 percent he starts," Jol said.

Pogrebnyak will be hoping Russia coach Dick Advocaat feels the same way at Euro 2012.

http://www.cbssports.com/general/story/19005284/euro-2012-pogrebnyak-aims-to-shine-for-russia?

WhiteJC

United & Chelsea want £15m Fulham star
Manchester United, Manchester City and Chelsea all join race for Moussa Dembele

Moussa Dembele, the hotly pursued versatile Fulham midfielder, has emerged as a summer target for Manchester United, Manchester City and Chelsea, it has been claimed.

Although Dembele has been overshadowed somewhat in the goalscoring stakes by teammate Clint Dempsey this season, the Belgian has been one of the stand out performers for Fulham over the course of the campaign.

Fulham are likely to find it difficult to retain the services of the 24-year-old this summer and, it would appear, a number of the Premier League's most prominent clubs are interested in prising Dembele away from Craven Cottage.

According to Goal.com, both Manchester clubs along with Chelsea are all keen on Dembele, while he is valued by Fulham between £12-15 million.

The acquisition of midfield reinforcements will surely to be a priority for Sir Alex Ferguson this summer, particularly given the likelihood of Paul Scholes retiring for a second time.

Dembele certainly has plenty of potential, but whether or not he is capable of slotting straight in the first team at Old Trafford is open to debate.

Ferguson may be tempted to go for a more established alternative for Scholes, and former United midfielder Teddy Sheringham has urged the Scot to reignite his interest in Wesley Sneijder of Inter Milan.

Meanwhile, Arsenal, Liverpool and Tottenham have also been linked with Dembele and, with only one year remaining on his contract, Fulham could be tempted to cash-in this summer.

http://www.givemefootball.com/premier-league/united-chelsea-want-15m-fulham-star?

WhiteJC

Finish On A High

Fulham midfielder Mousa Dembele knows Tottenham Hotspur will have their sights set on Champions League qualification on Sunday but the Belgian international is determined to end the season in style and take all three points back to SW6.

Dembele believes Fulham can break their record points tally in the Premier League against Spurs but is far from underestimating the challenge that awaits Martin Jol's team in North London.

"It will be a very difficult game because Tottenham are still trying very hard to get in the Champions League," Dembele told fulhamfc.com.

"Everyone here [at Fulham] wants to go into the summer on a good feeling. I think the last game always stays in your mind, so we know we need to win at Tottenham."

Having been deployed in a midfield role by Martin Jol this season, Dembele was again given licence to roam in last week's 2-1 triumph over Sunderland, stepping up to crash in the winning goal.

The versatile playmaker may need to wait until match-day to discover exactly how manager Martin Jol will unleash him on Spurs but, either way, Dembele is clearly enjoying his role in the Team this season.

"Playing in midfield is a position I like, but I know the Manager expects different things at different times," Dembele explained.

"I personally enjoy being involved in midfield and, when it still means I can go forward, I can show what I can do, like I did against Sunderland last weekend.

"That was a very important victory for us, and now our aim is to win our last game in the league because we want to end up as high as possible."

The holy grail of European competition may be prominent on Tottenham's minds, but Dembele revealed the chance of sneaking above Everton or Liverpool in the final standings is all the motivation he and his teammates need to sign off in style.

"We've done very well this season and we can still finish above Liverpool and Everton, so it's very important for us to do all we can to win this last game against Tottenham.

"We are desperate to finish the season in the best possible way."

Read more: http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2012/May/DembeleSpursPreview.aspx?#ixzz1uTcvEtNQ

WhiteJC

WHY ARSENAL SHOULD LOOK TO FULHAM TO FIX THEIR MIDFIELD WOES:

Third place may still be within reach for Arsenal, but not through any real endeavour of their own. No wins in the last four games could (and perhaps should) have seen the Gunners chances snatched away, but the likes of Tottenham and Chelsea have also struggled in the Premier League. Yes they've got by, but Arsenal's weaknesses have been there for all to see. If they want to challenge for the Premier League next season, serious tweaks will need to be made to this squad.

Bringing in FC Koln's Lukas Podolski is an excellent start. He's no slouch in front of goal and he's versatile. I'm sure Robin Van Persie will be glad to have some of the goal-scoring pressure released from his shoulders. But it strikes me that there's more work to be done in this regard.

Emirates 24/7 claim that Arsene Wenger is ready to make a move for Fulham's goal-scoring all star, Clint Dempsey when the transfer window re-opens. This comes less than a week after Liverpool's chairman Tom Werner claimed that 'any team would be lucky to have Clint Dempsey playing [in] their squad'. It's beginning to look as though Dempsey is pretty hot property.

Dempsey scored the 50th goal of his Fulham career during the Trotters 2-1 victory over Sunderland at the weekend. He's also been in fine form this season chalking up 23-goals and spearheading a Fulham attack that has seen the club climb to 8th in the Premier League table. Not too shabby.

His form and attacking prowess has seen many fans ask whether he could make it at a so-called 'big club'. Could he do the job at Manchester United, Liverpool or Arsenal? I don't see why not.

It's claimed in the same article that Arsene Wenger is looking to sign Dempsey to play behind Podolski and Van Persie. I think this is a position that he could thrive in – especially given the manner in which Arsenal play. The Gunners like their midfielders to be mobile and join the attack wherever possible. That's how Dempsey likes to play too.

But he also works hard. Arsenal fans have been getting on the backs of players like Alex Song for not chasing back. Dempsey on the other hand, has a great work ethic. He's a fighter and loves to win games. So yes, he'd arrive at the Emirates with a certain expectancy of goals, but he'll also add a little more competitive nature to the Gunners midfield. Now that sounds like a worthy addition to me.

What's your take? Would Clint Dempsey fit in at the Emirates?

http://thisisfutbol.com/2012/05/blogs/why-arsenal-should-look-to-fulham-to-fix-their-midfield-woes?

WhiteJC

Fulham boss ponders Grygera deal

MARTIN Jol will wait until Zdenek Grygera returns to full fitness before deciding whether to offer him a new deal at Craven Cottage.

The Fulham full-back ruptured knee ligaments against Spurs in November, which has ruled him out for the rest of the season.

Grygera is out of contract at the end of June, and Whites boss Jol insists he won't take up the option to extend the deal for another year.

However, the Dutchman is willing to give the 31-year-old Czech the opportunity to prove his fitness when he returns to training in July.

He told the Chronicle: "I feel we owe it to him to keep him here and get him fit, and then we can make a decision, or he can if he has other offers.

"The main thing for him is to get fit. That won't be until the middle of July and then we can make a decision.

"He did well from the first match, which is very unusual [for a player new to English football]. I was very happy with him.

"He can play left-back, right-back or centre-back, but it's not a minor injury. It isn't easy to come back to full fitness if you're that age."

Read More http://www.fulhamchronicle.co.uk/london-sport/fulham-fc/2012/05/10/fulham-boss-ponders-grygera-deal-82029-30939921/?#ixzz1uTdfztCC

WhiteJC

Why Fulham can foil Harry's fourth-place bid
Bet on London derby kings Fulham to take a point from the Lane at football betting odds of 17/5.

f Tottenham fans hoped Roy Hodgson's appointment as England manager would help their side refocus on the fight to finish fourth, then last weekend's stumbling draw at Aston Villa may have burst their bubble.

Spurs are still in the driving seat for the final Champions League spot (pending Chelsea heroics in Munich) thanks to a one-point advantage over Newcastle going into the final day of the season. They are 11/100 with bwin to finish in the top four.

With the Toon travelling to an Everton side with nothing to play for, Harry Redknapp will want a result against Fulham in order to seal fourth and put pressure on third-placed Arsenal (who face a tricky trip to Hodgson's West Brom).

However, getting that result against one of the Premier League's form sides may be easier said than done.

One run of form that has gone more unnoticed is Fulham's success in London derbies, where they lead the capital head-to-head table with 12 points from seven games against the league's four other London teams.

As it is, bwin's 3Way football betting odds have Spurs at 2/5 to win the game, Fulham at 27/4 and the draw at 17/5.

Spurs' record since Harry had his head turned by the England job has been well publicised but it's worth repeating – 16 wins before February 12th and just three in 12 games since.

That's largely been down to starting badly, with Spurs only twice leading at half-time during that stretch and it's 4/5 for them not to be in front after 45 minutes, which looks like an extremely good bet for starters.

For as Spurs' form has tailed off, Fulham have been moving up the table and only champions-elect Manchester City have better form over the past six games.

The Lilywhites have avereraged nearly two goals a game in this run and they're 18/5 to score more than once at the Lane.

Meanwhile, one run of form that has gone more unnoticed is Fulham's success in London derbies, where they lead the capital head-to-head table with 12 points from seven games against the league's four other London teams.

A Fulham win in a game of more than three goals would be a nice earner for customers using the ₤25 free bet they receive when signing up to a bwin account, with this punt paying out ₤325 if it proves successful.

However, with their greater need and the likes of Emmanuel Adebayor, Gareth Bale and Luka Modric to call on, Harry's team should be able to earn a draw even if they get off to their now-customary slow start.

With this in mind, Spurs to come from behind at the interval to claim a draw in the second half could be a good outside punt at 35/2.

Recommended bet: draw or Fulham win at half time @ 4/5

Outside punt: Fulham/draw at half time/full time @ 35/2

http://bwinbetting.com/fulham-foil-harrys-fourth-place-bid,19306.html?

WhiteJC

Fulham linked with former PSG coach Antoine Komboare

French media have said that Fulham are interested in hiring former PSG manager Antoine Komboare to join our coaching team. Komboare is a former player at PSG and had a spell at Aberdeen as well. As a coach, he's been at Strasburg, Valenciennes and PSG.

This would be an interesting move as Jol had been linked with his former assistant Chris Hughton when he joined last summer and has had Ray Lewington and Billy McInlay in that role this season. You'd have to think if Komboare did join, it would be as Jol's assistant.

http://www.cottagersconfidential.com/2012/5/10/3011383/fulham-linked-with-former-psg-coach-antoine-komboare?

WhiteJC

Trio join Dembele hunt

Manchester City, Manchester United and Chelsea are the latest clubs to be linked with a move for Fulham star Moussa Dembele.

The Belgian playmaker looks set to be at the centre of a tug of war this summer with a host of clubs currently monitoring his progress at Craven Cottage.

In March, Arsenal, Tottenham and Liverpool were all reported to have shown an interest in the 24-year-old, with a fee of between £12-£15million being talked about.

However, that trio look as though they will face competition from the United, City and Chelsea after it was reported they were also taking a look at Dembele.

The former AZ Alkmaar player has a year left on his current contract at Fulham and the Cottagers are keen to get him tied down to a new deal for fear of losing him this summer.

http://www.setanta.com/ie/Articles/2012/05/10/Trio-join-Dembele-hunt/gnid-141714/?

WhiteJC

Fulham star wanted by six clubs

Manchester City, Manchester United and Chelsea are the latest clubs to be linked with a move for Fulham star Moussa Dembele.

The Belgian playmaker looks set to be at the centre of a tug of war this summer with a host of clubs currently monitoring his progress at Craven Cottage.

In March, Arsenal, Tottenham and Liverpool were all reported to have shown an interest in the 24-year-old, with a fee of between £12-£15million being talked about.

However, that trio look as though they will face competition from the United, City and Chelsea after it was reported they were also taking a look at Dembele.

The former AZ Alkmaar player has a year left on his current contract at Fulham and the Cottagers are keen to get him tied down to a new deal for fear of losing him this summer.

http://www.clubcall.com/fulham/fulham-star-wanted-by-six-clubs-1427337.html?

WhiteJC

Dembele keen to end season on a high

Fulham will be going all out to beat Tottenham at White Hart Lane on the closing day of the Barclays Premier League season, according to Cottagers' midfielder Moussa Dembele.

Martin Jol's side started their campaign way back in June in the Europa League qualifying rounds but have had a strong second half to the season, and victory over Champions League-chasing Spurs could see them finish seventh.

"We've done very well this season and we can still finish above Liverpool and Everton, so it's very important for us to do all we can to win this last game against Tottenham," Dembele told the club's official website.

The prospect of such a good league position and good morale leading into the summer is what is driving the Belgium international and his team-mates ahead of the final-day showdown.

He added: "Everyone here wants to go into the summer on a good feeling. I think the last game always stays in your mind, so we know we need to win at Tottenham. We are desperate to finish the season in the best possible way.

"It will be a very difficult game because Tottenham are still trying very hard to get in the Champions League."

Dembele, 24, joined the club from Dutch side AZ Alkmaar in 2010 as a striker but has been operating predominantly in midfield under Jol - a position he enjoys.

"Playing in midfield is a position I like, but I know the manager expects different things at different times," he said.

"I personally enjoy being involved in midfield and, when it still means I can go forward, I can show what I can do, like I did against Sunderland last weekend.

"That was a very important victory for us, and now our aim is to win our last game in the league because we want to end up as high as possible."

Press Association

http://www.independent.ie/breaking-news/sport/dembele-keen-to-end-season-on-a-high-3104297.html?

WhiteJC

Dembele A Target For United?

Fulham midfielder Moussa Dembele is a target for Manchester United according to reports today.

Dembele has been one of the top performers at Craven Cottage this season and Fulham are going to have a job to keep hold of the 24 year old Belgian this summer, along with United, Man City and Chelsea have also been linked.

The story comes from Goal.com who say that Fulham value the player at somewhere between £12 and £14 million.

http://www.manchesterunited-mad.co.uk/news/tmnw/dembele_a_target_for_united_743923/index.shtml?

WhiteJC

Demblele eyeing feel good win
Fulham ace wants to head into summer break on a high

Moussa Dembele: Targeting a win at White Hart Lane on Sunday

Moussa Dembele insists Fulham will be going all out to beat Tottenham on Sunday to finish the season on a high.

Martin Jol's side started their campaign way back in June in the Europa League qualifying rounds but have had a strong second half to the season.

Victory over UEFA Champions League-chasing Spurs at White Hart Lane could see them finish seventh and the prospect of such a good league position and good morale leading into the summer is what is driving Belgium international Dembele and his team-mates ahead of the final-day showdown.

He told the club's official website: "We've done very well this season and we can still finish above Liverpool and Everton, so it's very important for us to do all we can to win this last game against Tottenham.

"Everyone here wants to go into the summer on a good feeling. I think the last game always stays in your mind, so we know we need to win at Tottenham. We are desperate to finish the season in the best possible way.

"It will be a very difficult game because Tottenham are still trying very hard to get in the Champions League."

Midfield

Dembele, 24, joined the club from Dutch side AZ Alkmaar in 2010 as a striker but has been operating predominantly in midfield under Jol, a position he enjoys.

"Playing in midfield is a position I like, but I know the manager expects different things at different times," he said.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/7744831/?

WhiteJC

Kit's Final Preview

Another hugely successful season for Fulham's under-18 Academy side comes to an end on Saturday when Fulham take on Blackburn Rovers in the Premier Academy League Final at Craven Cottage (KO 2pm).

It is the second consecutive campaign that Kit Symons has guided his Team all the way to Final and, following last year's gut-wrenching late defeat to Everton, the Welshman is keen to go one step further at the weekend by securing the Championship Trophy.

"We lost at this stage last year to Everton despite playing very well for 80 minutes," Kit recalled. "So we'd love to go one better with this group of players and I'm confident we can see the job through.

"They know they'll have to put in a real shift on Saturday though but I've got every faith in them as a group and it would be great if they can win that trophy. It would be a just reward for their efforts this season."

The Whites' progression comes after defeating a strong Leicester City outfit last week at Motspur Park in a game which was attended by hundreds of fans eager to show their support for Fulham's potential stars of the future.

"It was a good turnout and it was fantastic to see all the people there," Kit told fulhamfc.com. "I didn't think we played as well as we can in the game but, having said that, we played some really good stuff at times.

"I thought we got ourselves into trouble at the back with some sloppy passing occasionally, and then we weren't really clinical enough up front to take our chances.

"I don't want to be too critical though because lots of it was very, very good from our boys and I'm delighted to have come out on top against a very strong, very good Leicester team.

"It was a good game of football between two fully-committed teams but I was a bit nervous to enjoy it really!"

Fulham face a Blackburn side who go into the game on the back of a 4-1 aggregate defeat to Chelsea in the FA Youth Cup Final this week – a result which will no doubt fuel their hunger for silverware on Saturday.

"I've seen Blackburn play in the Youth Cup when they brought a couple of older players in and they were very strong," Kit admitted. "I watched them away to Newcastle because if we'd have beaten Burnley we would have played the winners of that game which would happen to have been Blackburn.

"They're a very strong and powerful unit and they've got some good players so it's going to be really, really tough. It'll be similar to the Leicester game without doubt."

Tickets for Saturday's match at Craven Cottage will be available on the turnstiles at £3 for adults and just £1 for juniors and concessions.

Read more: http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2012/May/KitsFinalPreview.aspx?#ixzz1uTg6KvrH