watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

We Are Toast Without JP & the Konch - Hangeland

Started by White Noise, January 27, 2010, 02:53:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Noise

http://www.ealinggazette.co.uk/sport/football-ealing/fulham-fc-ealing/2010/01/27/hangeland-fires-warning-ahead-of-villa-clash-64767-25697821/

Hangeland fires warning ahead of Villa clash

Jan 27 2010 By Yann Tear

A LONG-AWAITED return to Craven Cottage on Saturday is no guarantee that Fulham will revive their stalled league campaign as long as injuries continue to bite, admits Brede Hangeland.

The Whites have suffered in the absence of several first teamers like John Pantsil, Paul Konchesky, Clint Dempsey, Dickson Etuhu and Andy Johnson and were again found wanting at Spurs in midweek.

Away defeats are nothing new to a team that have not won three points on their travels since the opening day at Portsmouth, but Hangeland said the 2-0 defeat at White Hart Lane had nothing to do with awayday phobia.

"Returning to play home game might be a relief, but it's not automatic that we will win at home just because we normally do better," said the big defender.

"It's going to be a very tough game again against Aston Villa on Saturday and obviously we'll have the same problems with injuries, so we'll have to see if we can come up with something special.

"I hope the medical staff will work really hard to try and get as many players fit as possible. While we wait for them to come back, we will have to try and grind out some results."

Fulham looked particularly troubled on the flanks, where Aaron Hughes and Chris Baird were made into reluctant full-backs who could not get forward enough to aid sporadic attacks.

"I thought Bairdy and Hughsey did well, but obviously they are not the kind of attacking full-backs that Konch [Paul Konchesky] and Johnny P [Pantsil] are, so that mostly affected our attacking," Hangeland said.

"The way we play is very much dependant on the full backs joining in the play going forward.

"All things considered, with all the injuries, I thought we did all right. But the first goal we should have defended better and the second was very bad luck. It feels like the luck's not really been on our side this past few weeks and hopefully that will change."

LBNo11

...again if the players realise that two or three injuries of first team players affects the whole make up of the team they know that there is nobody near the same quality to 'fill their boots' and that is a worry...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

RidgeRider

I start the thread addressing this issue and it is now in the papers! :)

LBNo11

...I think there are several journos who view this site and TiFF for leads. Ask them for commission.. ;)
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC