more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Where's Marcel Gecov been?

Started by General, May 10, 2012, 08:43:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

twang

Quote from: HatterDon on May 10, 2012, 01:17:53 PM
How terribly have we missed Sidwell? Not at all, really. I would think he'd be gone as well. It's a shame he grabbed all the money to waste his best years 8th or 9th on the Chelsea depth chart. Off all our central midfielders, he was always the best bet to get red carded. He turned in some good performances, but in our existing squad we have at least 4 central mids I'd prefer to him.

C ya, Sids.

I agree with the part that he hasn't been missed, becuase we have been able to play our best central midfielders lately. I'm not Sidwell's biggest fan, and I think he works much better in a more straight 4-4-2 than in the way Jol wants his teams to play, but we do need a big squad of players, and he has shown that he's can come in and do a job.

I'd be disappointed if we start next season with Sidders as a first choice. But on the other hand I can't see any wrong in having him on the bench as a decent backup, especially with the uncertainty surrounding Moose (and to some extent, Diarra).

General

Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on May 10, 2012, 09:44:07 AM
Quote from: TonyGilroy on May 10, 2012, 08:51:58 AM

I've also seen very little of him (obviously) but my impression is of a tidy but somewhat ineffectual player.

I can't see any reason to play him ahead of Murphy or Diarra and now Dembele who are our midfield trio when we don't necessarily want more than two.

Add Sidwell, Etuhu and IMO the really promising and 4 years younger Kasami and I see no room for him.

Last year people were saying similar things about Dikachoi and he's found his level.

Minkwitz could be ready for a breakthrough, Frei like, next season. To me he looks the real deal whilst Gekov doesn't.

Gecov reminds me of the job Etuhu used to do or what Busquets does for Barca - breaks up play and plays the simple pass but importantly keeps the ball moving.

It looks like he is doing nothing but in actual fact, he allows others to excel.

The issue, as you point out, is that he has a lot of competition. That said, I reckon he will last longer than both Sidwell and Etuhu at the club even if he remains a back up player.

Like Makelele, or if you're a rugby fan Richard Hill!?

Travers Barney

Steady against Chelsea away in the league cup and faded...decent for the first half of the first half against the danes at home...dreadful after that.

Given his lack of game time since i'd be surprised if he ever starts a meaningful 1st team game again.
We are the whites