Main Menu

Interest hots up from the PL big guns for Dembele

Started by NorthernWhite, May 10, 2012, 09:04:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: TonyGilroy on May 11, 2012, 09:48:58 AM
Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on May 11, 2012, 09:47:58 AM
Quote from: TonyGilroy on May 11, 2012, 09:44:22 AM

I'd hazard a guess that contracts are significantly more sophisticated and complex than £xK per week.

Contingencies, bonuses, image rights, pension contributions and (maybe) legal payments not covered by PAYE.

Not to mention the way they are configured to minimise tax liabilities in the UK

That's the "maybe" bit.

my bad.

I wonder if people would care if footballers were shown to be contributing sweet FA in terms of tax - seems that unlike bankers or MPs, the footballers can get away with anything (rape, drink driving, assault etc)

NorthernWhite

Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on May 11, 2012, 09:52:57 AM
Quote from: TonyGilroy on May 11, 2012, 09:48:58 AM
Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on May 11, 2012, 09:47:58 AM
Quote from: TonyGilroy on May 11, 2012, 09:44:22 AM

I'd hazard a guess that contracts are significantly more sophisticated and complex than £xK per week.

Contingencies, bonuses, image rights, pension contributions and (maybe) legal payments not covered by PAYE.

Not to mention the way they are configured to minimise tax liabilities in the UK

That's the "maybe" bit.

my bad.

I wonder if people would care if footballers were shown to be contributing sweet FA in terms of tax - seems that unlike bankers or MPs, the footballers can get away with anything (rape, drink driving, assault etc)

I agree. Through recent HMRC cases, it appears that pretty much most of the clubs needed to pay back tax after investigations (I think it was the image rights where they'd claimed them as mostly tax free) and footballers had been avoiding tax but it didn't seem to bother most people.

BalDrick

To return to the subject of this thread, I'd imagine Saturday's CL result may put a stop to the possibility of Dembele moving to Spurs. Not that that means he'll stay with us instead mind...
Cigarettes and women be the death of me, better that than this old town

MasterHaynes

Hope we are smart enough to insert a first refusal buy back clause at 75% of the purchase price so we do not get into the same situation as Everton are now trying to resign Pienaar

TonyGilroy

Quote from: BalDrick on May 21, 2012, 04:36:19 PM
To return to the subject of this thread, I'd imagine Saturday's CL result may put a stop to the possibility of Dembele moving to Spurs. Not that that means he'll stay with us instead mind...

Maybe the opposite.

They're more likely now to lose Modric and Dembele could be the replacement.