News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

What happens if we win the Europa League?

Started by Admin, March 30, 2010, 04:16:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admin

Do we qualify for the champions league knocking out the 4th spot in the Premership dumping them into the Europa league or would we just qualify for the Europa League again? Answers on apost card please as I'm being told I'm wrong about the Champions League bit.

WhiteJC

I'm not convinced winning the competition gives you entry into next seasons competition

dannydog

lamby

Quote from: dannydog on March 30, 2010, 04:20:12 PM
Surely as the holders you defend it ?

Does not happen for the World Cup, so why would it happen for Europa?

I think the fair play thingy is our only way back into Europe next year - but I am pretty sure that would mean playing games in July again which would not be good for the guys actually playing in the World Cup.

LBNo11

...NO, the champions league is a different competition, winners of the Europa competition will get automatic qualification into the group stage of the Europa League regardless of league position in their respective country...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

Jimpav

What happens if the winner of the Europa league finishes the season in a champions league berth?

LBNo11

Quote from: Jimpav on March 30, 2010, 04:43:52 PM
What happens if the winner of the Europa league finishes the season in a champions league berth?

...whatever happens in this scenario, it won't affect Fulham this season.. :dft012:
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

HatterDon

Quote from: lamby on March 30, 2010, 04:23:26 PM
Quote from: dannydog on March 30, 2010, 04:20:12 PM
Surely as the holders you defend it ?

Does not happen for the World Cup, so why would it happen for Europa?

I think the fair play thingy is our only way back into Europe next year - but I am pretty sure that would mean playing games in July again which would not be good for the guys actually playing in the World Cup.

Seems to me that the holders and the hosts get into the finals without qualifying
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Rambling_Syd_Rumpo

I'll be drunk for atleast a week,thats one thing that'll happen :005:

bobby01

Quote from: Rambling_Syd_Rumpo on March 30, 2010, 05:23:18 PM
I'll be drunk for atleast a week,thats one thing that'll happen :005:

only a week Mr Syd at least till the pre season friendlys surely?
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

blingo

What LB said, and Syd i could not agree more m8.  :045: :045: :045: