https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Lewington To Quit Fulham

Started by White Noise, May 16, 2012, 07:50:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Noise

Quote from: Jack Fulham on May 17, 2012, 12:25:51 PM
Quote from: White Noise on May 17, 2012, 07:04:32 AM
My big question though is who will be caretaker manager now when Jol gets the bullet? 086.gif

Raymondo is 55 now so I hope a 4 year contract with England, whether paid up mid-term or not, will enable him to retire in the comfort a fomer England assistant manager deserves.

Billy Mckinlay or Kit Symons?

Both here before Jol so you'd assume if Jol went, they would stay.

Agreed. I'm hoping at least one of the two goes on to much greater things. Both seem to be working hard at their craft and to be brighter than I remember!

fulham traveller

Quote from: BalDrick on May 16, 2012, 12:26:42 PM
Quote from: b+w geezer on May 16, 2012, 09:07:49 AM
This does square with the Hodgson quote when G.Neville was appointed, which was to the effect that he looked forward to working with him "and with Ray Lewington over the next four years."

It has looked odd having Ray as "Head of Coaching" at FFC while someone else (Lindeman?) is "Head Coach." In practice, he has been reserve-team coach for the past half season and it's looked like a barely dressed-up move away from the hot action and towards the peripherary of things. The first team doesn't appear to have suffered for it, but at the same time Ray deserves better and good luck to him for having found it.

In the dark days of, oh almost 3 months ago, there was a school of thought that Jol and Ray didn't get on. No idea if there was any truth to it, though I do remember reading posters whose opinion I trusted saying it was the case. Ray will still be a Fulham man long after the Jol period has ended (not in anyway hastening his departure I hasten to add but he won't be here forever), and with 4 years' experience at the England level. So, as they said in the brilliant Twenty Twelve most of the time, 'absolutely, so that's all good'. Indeed, 'Yep, I'm fine with that' also works. (Helps if you saw the series I'm on about.)
Its a fact that ray does not get on with jol, and ray speaks very highly of roy, not surprised of this move, cant see ray back at c.c. while jol is there