watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

A Fulham Anthem...

Started by General, May 05, 2012, 05:32:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ron

I think the words are the property of the NZRFU or the NZ Government, so don't go chanting them for profit in the streets !

Ka mate, ka mate! ka ora! ka ora!
Ka mate! ka mate! ka ora! ka ora!
Tēnei te tangata pūhuruhuru
Nāna nei i tiki mai whakawhiti te rā
Ā, upane! ka upane!
Ā, upane, ka upane, whiti te ra!

'Tis death! 'tis death! (or: I may die) 'Tis life! 'tis life! (or: I may live)
'Tis death! 'tis death! 'Tis life! 'tis life!
This is the hairy man
Who brought the sun and caused it to shine
A step upward, another step upward!
A step upward, another... the Sun shines!

VicHalomsLovechild

Lets face it we're not great when it comes to singing. It used to bother me but I've come to realize over the last few seasons that the people sitting around me like to watch their football. Plain and simple.
The Europa started something but we were sung off the park by the Spaniards in the final. I guess success will bring it to Craven Cottage. Having something to sing about helps.
That said fair play to the lads at the back of the Hammy who make the effort  065.gif   

FatFreddysCat

This one got a few airings in the Thomas Reid Hamburg and is from our David Essex - Hold me close 1975 final year 1975. Plenty of da da da .

MOR :

I thought we already had an "anthem"...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OxahtnSAzgU#

That'll do for me...don't need another...

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: MOR : on May 19, 2012, 11:24:48 AM

Quite a few teams sing that, it's not ours.

Scrumpy

Quote from: VicHalomsLovechild on May 19, 2012, 09:52:54 AM
Lets face it we're not great when it comes to singing. It used to bother me but I've come to realize over the last few seasons that the people sitting around me like to watch their football. Plain and simple.
The Europa started something but we were sung off the park by the Spaniards in the final. I guess success will bring it to Craven Cottage. Having something to sing about helps.
That said fair play to the lads at the back of the Hammy who make the effort  065.gif   

I take issue with this (not you mate, just the assumption that we're no good at singing).
1 - I thought we made plenty of noise in the Europa League final - it never struck me that the Spaniards were any louder.
2- When we're away from home at a ground with good acoustics, we're fantastic. Our acoustics at Craven Cottage let us down badly.
3 - Finally, if you look back at the Great Escape (when our players really needed us) and compare our support then with the support that Bolton, Blackburn, QPR got from their fans this year, then you will see that we're clear winners. We always got behind the team and the atmosphere at games like Reading (A) and Birmingham (H) was as good as any I have seen.
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

MOR :

Quote from: FatFreddysCat on May 19, 2012, 11:36:40 AM
Quote from: MOR : on May 19, 2012, 11:24:48 AM

Quite a few teams sing that, it's not ours.

Not after they score though...and I think we were first many moons ago..

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: Walsh on May 05, 2012, 09:56:30 PM
Quote from: General on May 05, 2012, 05:34:44 AM
There was one which was quite good during the Europa League run which was something along the lines of.... German bombers but not really an anthem per se.

This is what England sang vs Germany in the world cup, it is a international chant.
And very embarrasing i must add.

VicHalomsLovechild

You're right Scrumpy. The support during the great escape was exceptional. I haven't been to an away game for years and again your'e right the singing can be heard on TV or in the backgound behind Gentleman Jim. As for the Europa, right at the beginning the Spaniards had their club song which seemed to go on forever and we had the "Black eyed peas" which many of ours didn't know/join in. They did go flat when we equalised and our chant of "Are you Brentford in disguise" still makes me laugh to this day. We do get behind the team in pretty good order after a setback, which is to our credit.

We just don't have much of a repertoire. If Clint goes we'll be in serious trouble.

I don't doubt the depth of support and the passion it just doesn't turn into song I'm affraid.  

bigglesfc

Surely any Michael Jackson tune would do ;-)

FatFreddysCat

As a kid i used to love the "can you swim, can you swim" song to the away fans.

Burt

I always remember

"It's spring again
We'll sing again
Bollox to Luton Town".

Starting to show my age I suspect, given the opposite directions in which the two clubs have gone...

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: Burt on May 19, 2012, 03:29:42 PM
I always remember

"It's spring again
We'll sing again
Bollox to Luton Town".

Starting to show my age I suspect, given the opposite directions in which the two clubs have gone...
You'll be upsetting HD with that one .

Walsh

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: Walsh on May 19, 2012, 05:44:21 PM
just found this

Fulham Song . Fulham FC from Cars by Gary Numan by Dominic Frisby

made me laugh at how pathetic it is.
I quite liked it to be honest, not terrace stuff but good stuff.

TheDaddy

Quote from: FatFreddysCat on May 19, 2012, 06:32:02 PM
Quote from: Walsh on May 19, 2012, 05:44:21 PM
just found this

Fulham Song . Fulham FC from Cars by Gary Numan by Dominic Frisby

made me laugh at how pathetic it is.
I quite liked it to be honest, not terrace stuff but good stuff.
Do they turn the TV off at a certain time in hospital Fred ?
That was  bad !
"Well blow me if it wasnt the badger who did it "