more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Saturday Fulham Stuff (19/05/12)...

Started by WhiteJC, May 19, 2012, 06:47:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Fulham speak to Gattuso regarding a move to England

Italian website Calciomercatoweb claim they have spoken to Gattuso who has confirmed his brother spoke to representatives of Fulham about a move to the Premier League. He has offers to come to both England and Scotland and he's currently mulling these over. There's no doubt he's been a superb player but his best days behind are behind him and with a remit of lowering the age of the squad, I can't see Jol going for this. Maybe he'd like to join Spurs where he can enjoy some friendly banter again with Joe Jordan?

http://www.cottagersconfidential.com/2012/5/18/3028747/fulham-speak-to-gattusos-brother-regarding-a-move-to-england?

WhiteJC

Fantastic Achievement

Following the conclusion of a campaign which began almost 11 months ago, Fulham's First Team squad have now broken up to enjoy a deserved summer break.

Martin Jol's men played 55 competitive matches in the 2011/12 season and Aaron Hughes is just one of the players looking forward to a rest before coming back refreshed and raring to go once again.

"After the short summer we had last year and competing in the Europa League in June, it's nice to have a bit longer off after an extended season," Aaron admitted. "I think it's a well earned break for everyone.

"It's a chance to give your body and mind a rest and take it easy for a while and switch off for a little bit. Obviously we've still got to take care of ourselves but it's important to come back to pre-season in July feeling fresh."

Despite the magnitude of fixtures thrown at Hughes and his team mates, fatigue never showed and the Whites went on to secure a third top half Premier League finish in four seasons.

"It's been another good season," the defender told fulhamfc.com. "There was a little spell when we couldn't quite find what we were looking to do but I think, especially in the second half of the season, we were mostly consistent. Getting over the 50 point mark was a fantastic achievement for us.

"It was a different season for me because I had a few injuries and I had to wait my turn to get back in the Team, but it's always nice to come back into the side and having that coincide with getting some good results. It's easier to come back into a team that's playing well."

Having just completed his fifth season in SW6, Hughes is one of the most experienced members of a Fulham squad which has a good blend of youth and older heads, and the Northern Irishman was delighted with the calibre of youngsters that graced the Craven Cottage turf this term.

"The young players this season have done fantastically well," he said. "We've had Matthew Briggs, Kerim Frei and Alex Kacaniklic all come in and impress whenever they've been given an opportunity.

"Pajtim Kasami and Marcel Gecov may not have had as much game time as they maybe would have liked but they've trained hard and we've seen a lot from them in training. When they start to get more experience and play more games over the next few seasons they will establish themselves because they look really good.

"There's a lot to look forward to next season and I, for one, am looking forward to coming back fresh in July ready to go again."

Read more: http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2012/May/FantasticAchievement.aspx?#ixzz1vI9kaxTo

WhiteJC

Interview with Chief Fulham scout Barry Simmonds discussing Dempsey, Lopez and Gattuso

An interesting article from our chief scout Barry Simmonds given in Italian. My Italian is pretty non-existent so this is taken straight from google translate so please excuse any peculiar sayings!

MILAN League EXCLUSIVE BARRY SIMMONDS - Arrived in Italy to represent the Fulham Wyscout Forum 2012, the chief observer of Fulham Barry Simmonds was granted exclusively to the microphones of Calciomercato.it to take stock of latest negotiations regarding Maxi Lopez, courted by Londoners in January, and the jewel of the 'Cottagers' Clint Dempsey, followed by several big European.

DEMPSEY - "It 'a very important player for us - Simmonds said - but although there are many rumors about his future, I can assure you that at Fulham has not reached any official offer. It' a situation that a little 'bother us. I entries only, we do know that the player is doing very well with our jersey and that is appreciated, all that we like, but Dempsey is happy with us and, conversely, we are happy to have it in pink. I do not know if there will be developments in the summer, but when the player stands at Fulham. "

MAXI LOPEZ - "There were some contacts for the Argentinian striker this January, but nothing concrete. Catania, then, has made ​​our public interest and there have been various rumors. It 'was, however, little more a survey. New crowded in summer? (Simmonds was seen talking with the agent of Maxi Lopez, ed) No, I think. It 'true that I spoke with Andrea D'Amico, his attorney, but I talked to many people. These events are just talking face to face with as many people as possible and create valuable relationships, but there was nothing on the market. "

GATTUSO - Finally, could not miss a beat on the contractual situation of Gattuso "It 's no doubt a major talent, but our policy leads us to prefer younger players, they can grow and do well with our jersey for many years. Two important shots, for example, for that matter, were Mahamadou Diarra and Pavel Pogrebnyak, still at the peak of his career. We hope to make a shot like that in summer. "

http://www.cottagersconfidential.com/2012/5/18/3029316/interview-with-chief-fulham-scout-barry-simmonds-discussing-dempsey?

WhiteJC

Fulham linked with Valencia winger Pablo Hernandez in Spanish press

Valencia winger Pablo Hernandez has been linked with a move to the Premier League and has been taking English lessons according to articles in the Spanish press.

Fulham are said to be leading the way with Everton also interested.

Hernandez has 4 caps for Spain and last season played 44 games in total for Valenica, scoring 5 goals and gaining 10 assists.

http://www.cottagersconfidential.com/2012/5/18/3029541/fulham-linked-with-valencia-winger-pablo-hernandez-in-spanish-press?

WhiteJC

Dembele set to reject new Fulham deal as United, Arsenal and Spurs lurk

Moussa Dembele, 24, is set to reject Fulham's new contract offer, paving the way for a summer exit. The midfielder has a year left but Martin Jol's attempt to convince him to sign a new deal seem to have failed.

Manchester United, Liverpool, Arsenal and Tottenham all admire the Belgian.

Newcastle have to pay £3.5m to sign Bolton midfielder Mark Davies.

Will he stay or will he go? Moussa Dembele looks set to reject a new contract at Craven Cottage

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2146514/Moussa-Dembele-set-reject-new-Fulham-deal.html#ixzz1vIAbzh5T

WhiteJC

Liverpool Transfer News: Clint Dempsey Is an Ideal Fit for the Reds

Clive Brunskill/Getty Images

Liverpool had one of the most disappointing years in its history and adding Clint Dempsey would go a long way towards preventing a similar result next season.

The American truly came into his own in 2011-12, finishing the year with 23 goals for Fulham in all competitions.

Even more attractive than his goal-scoring prowess is his versatility. Dempsey is capable of attacking from either wing, in a striker role or as a withdrawn forward.

With Dempsey in such good form, it is no surprise that Liverpool has shown interest in him and that his manager Martin Jol is worried over these reports.

Liverpool has struggled in the attack this season, putting away just 47 goals in English Premier League games. This dismal attacking effort ranks them 11th among Premiership teams.

The Reds have talented strikers in Luis Suarez and Andy Carroll, but both players have temperamental personalities and cannot be relied on to keep themselves out of trouble, both on and off the field.

Dempsey, on the other hand, has shown relentless commitment to his craft during his time in England, drawing praise from Chris Coleman, his former manager at Craven Cottage. Coleman said via Goal.com, "He had a real good appetite for football. A good hunger, he was brave. He wanted to take the ball all of the time."

Clint Dempsey wonder goal Vs. Juventus

Players with Dempsey's confidence and desire to win are exactly what the Reds need to return to prominence. His example can set a tone for the other players and coax better performances out of them.

One person who is likely to be in favor of bringing Dempsey to Anfield is owner John W. Henry. Dempsey just finished the most successful season a U.S.-born field player has ever had in the EPL. It would make sense for Henry, a fellow American, to sign the attacking midfielder.

Henry also has a major connection to New England as owner of the Boston Red Sox, and Dempsey first burst onto the world football scene as a member of the New England Revolution.

For all sides involved, this would be a good move. The Reds need to take initiative and get Dempsey in a Liverpool jersey before the summer is over.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1188644-liverpool-transfer-news-clint-dempsey-is-an-ideal-fit-for-the-reds?

WhiteJC

Fulham linked with former PSG coach Antoine Komboare

French media have said that Fulham are interested in hiring former PSG manager Antoine Komboare to join our coaching team. Komboare is a former player at PSG and had a spell at Aberdeen as well. As a coach, he's been at Strasburg, Valenciennes and PSG.

This would be an interesting move as Jol had been linked with his former assistant Chris Hughton when he joined last summer and has had Ray Lewington and Billy McInlay in that role this season. You'd have to think if Komboare did join, it would be as Jol's assistant.

http://www.cottagersconfidential.com/2012/5/10/3011383/fulham-linked-with-former-psg-coach-antoine-komboare

WhiteJC

One Fulham Supporters Season Review

by andersons11

One supporters journey following Fulham Football Club.

Views from Florida, North Carolina, Ohio, California and Africa

Ahh what a glorious time to support Fulham this season. Only a measly few weeks and I would be watching my boys pull on the white kit of Fulham once more.  It was through fair play and even Gera's red card at the end of last season couldn't prevent us from going on another European tour. I was elated even if we got in a rather well earned but interesting way.

Out were old boys Zuberbulher, Pantsil and Gera. We saw six months of play from Gudjohnson and Kakuta a piece and while Salcido did well at left back he had issues causing him to return home on loan. The only group of these  I felt we missed this year was Gera, we could have used him in various matches domestic and European though the same could be said of Davies once back from injury.

The start of friendlies and European Qualification saw me in Pensacola , Florida for a bit of training with the Marines, I watched happily as the transfer window opened and saw witness to a 3 nil win at Runavik, I was happy to see the boys back in Europe and glad to start the year off with a win. During the space between the matches Jesus left us and while he did his job we had multiple players in his position and his loss was not felt too badly.

The appoinment of Jol was met by some with happiness and other despair, each their own reasons for believing thus. However one sentiment reigned supreme a former Fulham manager had gone from aggrieved Man City boss to utter ambitious bellend. I for one was happy with the Jol appointment for a few reasons. One he is the manager MAF originally wanted, and if MAF wants him then he was bound to give him what he wanted in transfer terms. Two he is Dutch and I have always admired their attacking style of play. Three he did a good job at Spurs and most of his transfers were good (look at Berbatov, Bale etc) a lot of the current Spurs team were brought in by Mr Jol and you have seen where that has them now.

Qualification went as smoothly as it could without being too "Fulhamish" and opening day saw me back in North Carolina where I am normally based out of and Fulham had a few new faces. I for one was most excited for one John Arne Riise, if in his prime it was a great transfer but if not , boy could he hit a free kick. Images of "krakens being released" filled my head and I had very high hopes. Two youngsters in Kasami and Gecov where brought in and I saw this as an attempt to get the average squad age down. Also brought in was a goalkeeper I had never heard of in Somogyi, apparently Jol had told the man that the next club he managed he would sign him. A man who kept his word I liked that. On top of that MAF opened his check book and signed highly rated Coasta Rican Bryan Ruiz for a hefty fee of 10.5 million, high expectations for the lad, survivor of the famous Juventus win Grygera and a striker by the name of Sa.

The first few matches of the season were interesting to say the least, six without a win and Jol's tactics seemingly forced upon the team. Some attributed it to Jol, others to the squad not understanding the way Jol wanted the tactics carried it out. I attributed it to the fact that it is Fulham and something big was in the works. Along came Derby day and the last match I knew I would be able to catch before being sent to the Californian dessert for a Marine training excersice. What can I say about the match against QPR that hisn'ta already been said before. EVERYTHING and I mean everything seemed to work. AGE got a hat-trick and even scored off a cheeky little set piece, who on earth would have imagined that one actually working?

The following month I watched highlights of that match that I recorded on my phone, showing my beloved Fulham off to anyone who would be bothered for a few minutes. Imagine my surprise when I got to access Fulham results in the month of October, a loss to Stoke and Everton. Complaints that Ruiz looked completely out of depth in the league, talk of Martlet and to some extent AJ was silenced with a moment of brilliance against Everton and we slowly began to see glimses of brilliance from the lad.

Dembele and Dempesy seemed to have this telepathic connection during the whole season and for  the first half I wanted to strangle Dembele for too many touches, one too many fancy flicks and the like. However all of those fancy moves made defenders pay more attention to him while Clint poped out of no where and scored bucket loads of goals. This telepathic connection soon had Ruiz in on the action and watching the trio in the center of the park was magical at times, you didn't want to take your eyes off of them.

A really good match in the League cup saw us go out on penalties with a lot of our youngsters taking to the pitch, giving us an example why the next few years for Fulham will be good.

More draws and losses made you wonder if Jol was really up to it , if he had lost touch of the English version of the game but boy what a ride we were in for.  A draw against Arsenal which should have been in all rights a win for the Whites was followed up by a great poachers effort by Clint and a win against Liverpool, fast becoming my least favorite club for many reasons.  It also saw us fall out of Europe rather unemfatically only needing to win against Odense we decided to be Fulham and draw. Go figure right? We can beat all of these spectacular teams on route to our first European final but cant win against a team from Denmark.

The Fulham roller coaster continued at full speed during this time frame with a loss at newly promoted Swansea and a win against Blackburn. I made the journey to my home state of Ohio for the Holidays and pre deployment leave and drove to my friends house happy that a Fulham match was going to be shown on the television. My friend knows that when I am in town and there is a Fulham match on that his television becomes my property. The match I am refereing to is of course the Manchester United match, and as each one went in I still continued singing and yelling at the television much to the chagrin of my friend, he knew I would be back though, Arsenal was being played in a few days time.  As Zamora's match winning goal flew into the net and Jol hugged him happily at the end of the match, talk of a dressing room rift evaporated for a few days and then what do you know Zamora was a Ranger, so much for that.

Zamoras departure seemed to be a catalyst and motivation returned to the whole team. While Dempsey seemed to be banging them in for fun regardless of his team mates performance a Russian with a nigh unprenouncable name to some in Pogrebnyak waited in Paris for his paperwork to clear. It came through and what do you know the man can shoot. Left, right, his head it didn't seem to matter, even if it proved to be a stop gap Pogrebnyaks signature was a good deal, could you see Zamora putting away those chances that he had? I don't think so, Zamora's hold up play was brilliant and added something to the team that we have since lost but Pogrebnyak can put them away when given the chance, his service dried up a bit once teams figured him out, but the goals scored this season was worth it and everyone seems generally happy to be at Fulham.

Around the end of the window there were rumours flying around the internet that Fulham had signed once 22 million man M. Diarra who had been out of contract. It proved to be true and you can see at times why he once cost that kind of fee, the news that he has signed for another year only bodes well for Fulham.

Multiple things happened around this window. Jol decided that Dembele was best suited as a central midfield player which was a work of brilliance but that issue has been written about and pondered more than me so I will give it a rest. The Senderos VS Hughes argument was still at full tilt. A few highly rated youngsters joined the club from various places and Stockdale had returned. Glad to see the club was taking an interest in youth I was fairly satisfied with the window and hoped we would see more of Stockdale. As for Senderos vs Hughes I like both since they offer different things to the club and would get behind whomever Jol picked that day as he is the manager, not I. Though Hangeland did say the different pairings was getting a pain to deal with at times.

The torch was lit under Fulham it seemed and a win against Arsenal saw me out of the States and on my way to Africa.  I scratched my head at the lost to Blackburn, saw the first American Hat trick in the Premier League by Dempsey (still firing on all cylinders). A double over QPR and a barely lost away at Aston Villa. That after of course we showed Wolves how to pass and shoot. Swansea did the double on us and every Fulham supporter was enraged at Old Trafford, what can you say eh? Its Fulham. Losing Ruiz at Bolton didn't have a big impact as it could have which was good for us since we were beginning to see his brilliance emerge, thankfully this is probably the best squad we have had in years and with other players taking up the slack (I wonder who) we did well without him

However Fulham seemed to get back to winning ways and with the occasional blip, that being our bogy team in Everton, Fulham lead the charge to the end of the season with 16 out of 21 points leading up to the final match of the season against Spurs. Would Jol get revenge on the club that sacked him, unfortunately no he didn't and it was a rather Fulhamish performance by our boys.

Another season down and another winnable cup loss at Everton ( I swear if a team has a negative stat go play Fulham to erase it. I don't have much to say on that match) and we are back into the fun part of being a supporter. The league is yet upon us so we can dream of transfers, look at the gossip and generally get carried away with our expectations.

I believe that this summers window will be the determining factor in Fulham's short term and long term success. The first few weeks are critical and as you can see Fulham are no longer a "selling" club with offers for Dembele and Schwarzer being turned down multiple times by the club. If the right players are brought in then a good run next season is viable. If a player doesn't wish to be here I wish them luck and thank them for their time playing at Fulham.  Dempsey deserves a move to try his trade at Champions league football and I wouldn't fault him for a move to get it, however it seems to debate if he would get the starts he wants. Dembele is a target that people are talking about as well and he isnt the finished product yet whether or not he wants to warm the bench at a top club is yet to be seen. If the right people are brought in I can see both of the Ds staying for attempt at a push up the league.

Regardless we have six senior players that could possibly leave the club and various other reserve team players on the verge of making their Fulham exit and we can expect to see many ins and outs at Motspur/Craven Cottage this year.

This year was an outstanding one in the terms of being a supporter and we experienced many ups and down. It was one hell of a ride and it didn't come down to one player this year but two. Clint Dempsey and Brede Hangeland are my joint player of the season. The stats of these players are incredible.  Hangeland played every minute of every Fulham match apart from one and amassed only seven yellows, that's it seven, what a class player. What can we say about Clint this year that hasn't already been said? For one 17 goals in the league and only 2 yellows in the league, that's insane. He can score and he does it cleanly.

Another season is done and dusted and another is coming, expect inflated transfers as always with a major tournement around the corner, but the future has never looked brighter. Come on you Whites!

Special thanks to Billet, without your videos I couldn't keep up with Fulham as well as I have this year.

WhiteNoise your match links have been immense.

http://www.friendsoffulham.com/wordpress/?p=172