Started by White Noise, May 20, 2012, 09:09:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: Mr Fulham on May 21, 2012, 03:38:48 PM
Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on May 21, 2012, 03:11:20 PM
Quote from: The Moose on May 21, 2012, 02:43:02 PM
£8 million is too much for Jarvis.

+1

We could easily find two players at £4m each who are better than Jarvis by looking abroad.
easily?

Considering that Jarvis was on a relegated team this season and struggled with his form, I would say yes.

Mr Fulham

Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on May 21, 2012, 03:56:53 PM

+1

We could easily find two players at £4m each who are better than Jarvis by looking abroad.
easily?

Considering that Jarvis was on a relegated team this season and struggled with his form, I would say yes.

8 goals and 7 assists are not bad for a guy who played for a relegated team though, isn't it?
I'm convinced he'd be a success here, I think he suits our general style. We need some good crossers - and we need Brits to be within the contingent. AJ, Davies, Etuhu...many HG players will be on their way out. If the price is right (5-6m, IMHO) then I'd be all for it.

Plus the 'look abroad' card is definitely not the answer to all of our questions.

Captain Peacock

I would say yes to Jarvis, always thought he stood out in a poor team.

Gunter never really did it for Spurs but has performed well at Forest and Naughton has never really had a chance at Spurs but I have heard good things about him in a decent Norwich side.

We are certainly linked to a lot of players at the moment. Some I hope do come off, others I won't lose any sleep if the don't!
Somewhere in deepest East Surrey
Follow me on twitter @pavo121

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: Mr Fulham on May 21, 2012, 04:03:12 PM
Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on May 21, 2012, 03:56:53 PM

+1

easily?

8 goals and 7 assists are not bad for a guy who played for a relegated team though, isn't it?
I'm convinced he'd be a success here, I think he suits our general style. We need some good crossers - and we need Brits to be within the contingent. AJ, Davies, Etuhu...many HG players will be on their way out. If the price is right (5-6m, IMHO) then I'd be all for it.

Plus the 'look abroad' card is definitely not the answer to all of our questions.

We agree - £8m is too much.

£5-6m would probably be decent.

MasterHaynes

At the prices being touted no thanks, I do not think any of them are outstanding-- good but great and I  think we may have better players coming through our own development squad . We nee an experienced player with real quality that we can pick up for £5-6m whi the youngsters can try and emulate and learn form knowing that in a year or so they can challenge for that position...another JA Riise or Diarra please

Mr Fulham

By the way - Jarvis' family lives in Surrey, he wend to school there. So this might be a factor pro Fulham if other teams are interested.

I really don't get the negativity regarding that guy. Was pretty much the standout guy (together with Fletcher) in a poor team and managed some impressive stats despite the team's poor form.

Competition will only make Kaca stronger and if he's really a better prospect than Jarvis, he will eventually replace him. If not, we've got a good, classy winger with both an eye for goal and an eye for the strikers.

White Noise

I think Jarvis is viewed in the same way as Etherington at Stoke. They both put a lot of crosses in but no-one is really sure how effective they are. The answer is very effective, Amongst the best in the country. And Jarvis offers something we don't have in abundance at the moment - service from wide areas to the forwards - something that may be worth paying a premium for.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: White Noise on May 21, 2012, 10:56:02 PM
I think Jarvis is viewed in the same way as Etherington at Stoke. They both put a lot of crosses in but no-one is really sure how effective they are. The answer is very effective, Amongst the best in the country. And Jarvis offers something we don't have in abundance at the moment - service from wide areas to the forwards - something that may be worth paying a premium for.
Can he play right wing too?

Bassey the warrior

What is Wolves financial state? Do they need to sell? If they do we should be able to get him for less than £8 million.

ElissonSnygg

Agree with MrFulham here. Think he was impressive all season despite Wolves form. Think he'll do good here.
Official board member of the Swedish Supporter Club - FFC Sweden.

Twitter: @ElissonSnygg

EJL

Quote from: The Moose on May 21, 2012, 11:32:40 PM
Like Saha he's equally as good with either foot. Seem to remember him playing on the right when he was at Gillingham.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: EJL on May 22, 2012, 12:00:28 AM
Quote from: The Moose on May 21, 2012, 11:32:40 PM
Like Saha he's equally as good with either foot. Seem to remember him playing on the right when he was at Gillingham.
Sounds promising. I'd definitely welcome him here but we shouldn't blow our budget on him. A right back and another striker or two are more important.

Crede15

I'm not really that interested in Jarvis, if he comes for a reasonable price good, if not, oh well. But one thing I do like about him is the fact that he does seem to be two-footed. Duff's right foot has gotten better, but his days at the club are numbered to some extent. Frei's about as one footed as they come at this point. Not too sure about Kacaniklic in that regard, haven't seen enough of him. I know he's left-footed but he did hit the post with a right footed shot didn't he? Haven't seen him cross with his right foot yet.

west kowloon white

All ordinary-yep easily find better quality in Europe at 4 mil a pop-perhaps?
Not goin' to  spoil my summer failing to land any of that lot -if indeed the club are interested which doubt.

JimmyDunnesBum

Quote from: FulhamFan2 on May 20, 2012, 06:19:33 PM
Naughton, yes yes yes!

He played really well I thought when we played at Carrow Rd on New Year's eve . It's entirely possible that MJ was impressed ,too.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: west kowloon white on May 22, 2012, 01:09:18 PM
All ordinary-yep easily find better quality in Europe at 4 mil a pop-perhaps?
Not goin' to  spoil my summer failing to land any of that lot -if indeed the club are interested which doubt.
I think he's a good player actually and he should thrive at our club. If he's that good at Wolves he will definitely be better at Fulham. You have to factor in the fact that he wouldn't need to adjust to the league. If we can get for less than £6 million I say definitely put a bid in.

White Noise

Wolves bare teeth in fight to keep hold of Jarvis and Fletcher from top-flight vultures

By Neil Moxley

PUBLISHED: 22:40, 22 May 2012 | UPDATED: 22:40, 22 May 2012

Wolves will rebuff any attempt to force either Matt Jarvis or Steven Fletcher out of Molineux.

The Black Country club posted a £2.2m surplus in their last accounts and want to hold onto the duo who have attracted interest from several top-flight clubs.

Threat: Wolves striker Steven Fletcher shone despite relegation last season

In demand: Wolves winger Matt Jarvis

Jarvis is on the radar of several, including West Ham and Fulham, while Fletcher's 12 goals have alerted Sunderland, whose attentions the former Scotland international rejected last week.

However, owner Steve Morgan and chief executive Jez Moxey have confirmed that it will take an 'exceptional' offer for them to sell either.
'We are in a position where we do not need to sell,' Moxey said.

Wolves have tied both players to long-term contracts. Although it is understood that they will have to take a pay-cut in the Championship, both Morgan and Moxey are committed to keeping the pair for new boss Stale Solbakken when he starts in his post in July.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2148383/Wolves-wont-sell-Matt-Jarvis-Steven-Fletcher.html#ixzz1vdpmxlzY