News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

"Ladies & Gentleman, It's Showtime"!!! A new book on our our mini MC...

Started by LBNo11, May 15, 2012, 11:03:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Banstead White

Quote from: dgnffc on May 16, 2012, 11:34:10 AM
Quote from: LBNo11 on May 16, 2012, 10:14:59 AM
Quote from: dgnffc on May 16, 2012, 10:06:38 AM
Quote from: Banstead White on May 15, 2012, 09:46:37 PM
Quote from: dgnffc on May 15, 2012, 01:10:01 PM
Quote from: FatFreddysCat on May 15, 2012, 11:34:30 AM
And just a little reminder for a new supporters or young uns too young to remember, Get Simon Morgans on song for promotion, absolutely superb book, and will give you an insight into what we was like when we were sheeeet.
Where from? I've been looking for a copy of this for ages.
I got a bit clever, googled ashwater press and hey presto, pay by paypal, mines on its way...

Can't see where 'On Song for Promotion' is being offered on their website - am I missing something?

...dgnffc, 'On Song For Promotion' was just a recommendation by Fat Freddy of another great book relating to Fulham. 'On Song For Promotion' has been out of print for some time and the only way you will get it is via sites similar to Amazon or e-bay, or even checking out in charity shops on the off chance of a copy; the last time I looked they were being sold for upwards of £50.00, but the price fluctuates so look out for a bargain. Good luck in getting a copy, it really is a cracking read...

Ah thanks. That's what I thought was the case, but I read into Banstead White's  response that they were available from Ashwater Press. My mistake. As you say, they're a bit out of my price range on Amazon!
Yea my apologies I thought you were referring to Diddys book.....mind you reading this both my son and I have Simons book but will be hanging on to those....best of luck with the search.
R
Roysie

Fulham1959

Received my copy of David Hamilton's book today.

I've just turned every page and it's a SUPERB production.  It is very profusely illustrated with well over 100 (a guess) colour and b&w photos integrated into the text.  There are 33 mostly shortish chapters, all looking very inviting to read.

Congratulations to all concerned.  This should be a 'sticky' topic.

SouthfieldWhite

Quote from: FatFreddysCat on May 16, 2012, 04:47:53 PM
And just a little reminder for a new supporters or young uns too young to remember, Get Simon Morgans on song for promotion, absolutely superb book, and will give you an insight into what we was like when we were sheeeet.
I got a bit clever, googled ashwater press and hey presto, pay by paypal, mines on its way...

Can't see where 'On Song for Promotion' is being offered on their website - am I missing something?

...dgnffc, 'On Song For Promotion' was just a recommendation by Fat Freddy of another great book relating to Fulham. 'On Song For Promotion' has been out of print for some time and the only way you will get it is via sites similar to Amazon or e-bay, or even checking out in charity shops on the off chance of a copy; the last time I looked they were being sold for upwards of £50.00, but the price fluctuates so look out for a bargain. Good luck in getting a copy, it really is a cracking read...
£50??? Bloody hell i gave my copy to the Yank  :doh:

£50 nicker? You must be gutted Fredster. I'd ask for it back

thinking about it, mines a signed copy so must be worth at least Double

Banstead White

Quote from: SouthfieldWhite on May 17, 2012, 02:49:53 PM
Quote from: FatFreddysCat on May 16, 2012, 04:47:53 PM

£50??? Bloody hell i gave my copy to the Yank  :doh:

£50 nicker? You must be gutted Fredster. I'd ask for it back

thinking about it, mines a signed copy so must be worth at least Double
I was just reading this and thought...I'm sure mine was too, been to check and saw the ditty Simon wrote;
"You're at the Cottage every game
Wether rain or shine
and what I say too one so keen is glory will be mine,
Keep the Faith
Simon Morgan"
Well chuffed that I dug that out again....
Cheers
Roysie

Burt

Very timely... Getting to the end of my current read (Tom Clancy's "Dead or Alive" - it's OK) and was wondering what to get next!

Just ordered it...

Lighthouse

Quote from: Fulham1959 on May 17, 2012, 02:36:29 PM
Received my copy of David Hamilton's book today.

I've just turned every page and it's a SUPERB production.  It is very profusely illustrated with well over 100 (a guess) colour and b&w photos integrated into the text.  There are 33 mostly shortish chapters, all looking very inviting to read.

Congratulations to all concerned.  This should be a 'sticky' topic.

Yep me too looks a really good picture dominated book. Looking forward to settle down and reading this tonight.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

LBNo11

Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

Lighthouse

Very good little read with plenty of reminders of the good bad old days. Great pictures and reminders and some nice personal touches from Diddy David. Well worth a look.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope