more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Tuesday Fulham Stuff (22/05/12)...

Started by WhiteJC, May 22, 2012, 04:32:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

2011/12 Season Review DVD

The 2011/12 season saw yet another successful campaign for the Club, as we entered an exciting new era under Manager Martin Jol.

The Whites' ninth place finish in the top flight saw highlights such as Pavel Pogrebnyak scoring five times in his first three matches, and Clint Dempsey breaking former Fulham Captain Brian McBride's record for the most goals scored by an American in the Barclays Premier League, hitting 23 goals in all competitions.

So make sure you are one of the first to view the 2011/12 season's ups and downs with your very own End of the Season DVD.

Fans can pre-order this collector's item today, available both online and instore for just £17.99.

Pre-order now

Also remember that our End of Season Sale is still in full swing so make sure you take advantage of the chance to buy great Kappa items at incredibly low prices. The Coaches Training Sweater is now only £14.99, whilst other items in the Fulham fashion range start from just £9.99. Grab yours today!

Read more: http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2012/May/EndOfSeasonDVD.aspx?#ixzz1vZ8wCwvx

WhiteJC

Fulham defender steps up recovery

Zdenek Grygera suffered a cruciate ligament injury against Tottenham in November and missed the remainder of the season

Fulham defender Zdenek Grygera is targeting a return to fitness by the beginning of July as he bids to recover from his cruciate ligament injury.

The Czech Republic international ruptured the ligament against Tottenham in November and missed the rest of the season but has stepped up his recovery at the Whites Motspur Park training ground.

"I'm happy with my recovery and I feel well," he told the club's official website.

"I will start running again any day now so it's important that everything stays positive.

"I'll be here over the summer focusing on my recovery. I will go away for a bit of family time but I want to train and do everything possible for my recovery.

"I'm hoping to be fit at the end of June or the beginning of July."

Grygera was impressed his side's performances in the latter stage of the season as Fulham finished ninth.

"It was a great finish to the season and I think we've got a very good team," he said. "We've got a good system and a nice blend of young and older players.

"I think we are a great team to watch because of the way Martin Jol sets us up to play and because there are a lot of technically gifted players in the side."

http://www.london24.com/sport/fulham/fulham_defender_steps_up_recovery_1_1384405?

WhiteJC

Baird takes time out to consider his future

MICHAEL O'Neill hopes Chris Baird will be available for selection for Northern Ireland's World Cup qualifying campaign which kicks-off in September.

Baird will sit out next month's friendly with the Netherlands to take time out to consider his international future.

The Fulham defender – who could be set for a move away from Craven Cottage this summer – has proved an important part of Northern Ireland's squad in recent years.

"Chris has asked for time to think over his future," O'Neill revealed.

"He has not had a great season and may be moving on but I would hope he will be available to me after the summer."

Baird's Fulham team-mate Aaron Hughes also sits out the Netherlands clash, as does West Brom star Gareth McAuley.

"When Aaron decided to come back, he informed me he would not be available for this game and McAuley also informed me he was unable to make the trip," O'Neill added.

"Kyle Lafferty and Steven Davis are out after surgery and Martin Paterson missed the last month of the season with a hamstring injury after being sidelined for most of the season so it would not have been fair to him or his club for him to play now.

"Jamie Ward is similar to Martin in that he was injured at the end of the season and Chris Brunt had his tonsils out last week and there were a few problems afterwards.

"Dean Shiels has had ankle surgery and Jonny Evans also missed a few games with a similar problem."

http://www.newsletter.co.uk/sport/football/baird-takes-time-out-to-consider-his-future-1-3867031

WhiteJC

Clint Dempsey's Premier League Success Inspires All American Soccer Players, Landon Donovan Says

Clint Dempsey's success at Fulham FC has made him American soccer's "Big Thing" of the moment. Chief among his legions of fans is the one-time "Golden Boy" of the game in this country, Landon Donovan.

Donovan thinks Dempsey's goal-scoring exploits make him an inspiration to American players, according to ESPN. "He's been incredible and, I think, take myself kind of outside of being a player and just watching as a fan from abroad, it's really fun to watch,"

Donovan said. "I think it's inspiring for all of us to see someone do that at that level, and now when he scores, you don't even bat an eye anymore, it's to be expected almost.

I don't think an American has ever had that. We're all proud of him, and he has an infinite hunger to succeed and it's good for all of us to see. Dempsey set a new standard for American players in Europe by scoring 23 goals (in all competitions) in the 2011-12 season. His 17 Premier League goals was the fourth-highest in the league, and his dynamism in the final third has made him a transfer target for a number of big clubs in England and in Europe.

Donovan is among the most accomplished American players in history. He is the U.S. men's national team's all-time leading scorer, and a veteran of three FIFA World Cups. But his considerable achievements at club level have gone virtually unnoticed around the world because he has played nearly his entire career in Major League Soccer.

Dempsey, on the other hand, chose to test himself in a top European league and has flourished under the pressure. Donovan's choices took him down a different path, but they did not stop him from paying the ultimate respect to his U.S. teammate. He is a big fan of the Texan's work.

Read more at: http://www.nesn.com/2012/05/clint-dempseys-premier-league-success-inspires-american-soccer-players-landon-donovan-says.html?

Lighthouse

Villa and our good selves are battling to sign Danny Guthrie of Newcastle. So says the Daily Star. Guthrie has turned down Newcastle's latest contract.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

E.I.Adio

Why is the season review dvd ONLY!!! £17.99 instore and £10 plus free p+p on Amazon?