News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

if Martin Jol lets Hangeland what would you think?

Started by Walsh, May 24, 2012, 07:10:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Walsh

For me I would be livid I think he has been one of them players which you don't notice but if he goes we would miss him a lot, he keeps the team together nicely and seems to give the defense structure I don't think I could forgive Martin if he does let him go.

TWFL

I know I'll get some stick for this but I think in general he's been pretty poor recently. Not saying I want him to go, which I know he won't, just don't think he's as good as he used to be..

finnster01

Just like you just don't replace a blind mans dog. There is more to that relationship than crossing the street in traffic. I don't think even Martin Jol is that crazy.

Storm in a tea cup I reckon. Hangeland is not going anywhere and he shouldn't be forced to either.

Time to call my ex work-mate in Norway who went to school with him and his fairly recent wedding and see what he thinks.
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

psand22

Well, it didn't take long for his name to pop up in transfer news.  I don't think he's going anywhere.  As for his play, I think the different tactics and injuries left the defense a little exposed this season.  As time wore on, he was back to his usual high standards.  
But remember everyone has a price...are teams willing to overpay for him?

SmithyFFC

Selling Hangeland would be absolute suicide! Really doubt we'd be able to replace him with anyone nearly as good
FTID

Oiseau

I might consider wearing only black for a few weeks in mourning?

I'd hate for us to been in the same state next year as Bolton at the end of this season with so many players out of contract. Hopefully the club will tie up any loose strings by the end of this Summer. Hangeland hasn't been quite as brilliant recently as he was last season but he's still one of the best central defenders around. Sometimes I wonder whether I'm a little too sentimental about him, though? I've got such a soft spot for Brede, haha! He's an incredible professional and player. Would love him to retire with us.

Frankie-Peter Taylor

It won't happen, I think the reason he hasn't been offered thus far is that he is in a lesser priority. No doubting his class but with one year left, we've still got to tie up deals for Pogrebnyak, Kelly and Murphy who expire soon with Dempsey and Dembele's contracts also running out next year. After the release list is in the open, talks should open.

HatterDon

Quote from: Oiseau on May 24, 2012, 07:47:05 PM
I might consider wearing only black for a few weeks in mourning?

I'd hate for us to been in the same state next year as Bolton at the end of this season with so many players out of contract. Hopefully the club will tie up any loose strings by the end of this Summer. Hangeland hasn't been quite as brilliant recently as he was last season but he's still one of the best central defenders around. Sometimes I wonder whether I'm a little too sentimental about him, though? I've got such a soft spot for Brede, haha! He's an incredible professional and player. Would love him to retire with us.

as long as the shorts are black.

Brede, like everyone else, will stay with the club until the CLUB decides he can move on. It'll either be while he's still got game and we'll sell him for a good price, or we'll release him next summer to save wages and open up a slot. There isn't a professional club in the world -- especially one with promotion/relegation -- that would keep a player on because he's been "a faithful servant." Little clubs like ours don't have that option for sure.

I agree that Brede hasn't been Brede the last season and a half, but I'd still rather have him and Hughes than any CB combination in the league, and that includes Kompany & Lescott.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel