A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Kalou at Fulham

Started by zzamora, May 24, 2012, 08:26:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Would you take Salomon Kalou on a free transfer?

Yes
No
Not Sure
No! He's Chelski Filth!
Only if he plays for free

Chesh

I've always thought he was one of Chelsea's more effective, yet under-rated players (as he was surrounded by bigger names). Remember him tearing Briggs a new one a year or two ago, and don't think we should be turning up our nose at the likes Of Kalou. I'd be happy to sign him, yes.   
Made in Hammersmith (1968)

Mr_Moon

He'd excel at a club like Fulham. Really we aren't in a position to reject players from one of Europe's biggest clubs, just because he is arguably one of their weaker players. Sell Duff and bring Kalou in and the midfielder looks so much stronger.

Mr Fulham

Quote from: Mr_Moon on May 24, 2012, 01:57:01 PM
He'd excel at a club like Fulham. Really we aren't in a position to reject players from one of Europe's biggest clubs, just because he is arguably one of their weaker players. Sell Duff and bring Kalou in and the midfielder looks so much stronger.

I think we should keep Duff for that one more year. Bring Kalou in, nevertheless. We need someone on the right wing... Duff is pretty much alone there.
Jol played Ruiz in the central position for the last few games until his injury. I think this is what we'll see next season.

Mr_Moon

Quote from: Mr Fulham on May 24, 2012, 02:04:09 PM

I think we should keep Duff for that one more year. Bring Kalou in, nevertheless. We need someone on the right wing... Duff is pretty much alone there.
Jol played Ruiz in the central position for the last few games until his injury. I think this is what we'll see next season.

I don't rate Duff anymore at all. Rather he went and freed up wages for someone better.

EJL

Quote from: FulhamMic on May 24, 2012, 09:41:45 AM
Honestly, I think I'd rather take Drogba
So would anyone?

EJL

Quote from: Mr_Moon on May 24, 2012, 02:13:12 PM

I don't rate Duff anymore at all. Rather he went and freed up wages for someone better.
Our pick up in form in the second half of the season coincided with Duff's return to the team. He can still take a decent fullback to the cleaners on his day.

Frankie-Peter Taylor

YES! He's actually been immense since Di Matteo came in, I've always rated him when people slated him. He scores goals. His record for mostly sub appearances is class!

Frankie-Peter Taylor

Bosingwa is likely to go Arsenal as back up for Sagna.

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: EJL on May 24, 2012, 03:25:52 PM
Quote from: Mr_Moon on May 24, 2012, 02:13:12 PM

Our pick up in form in the second half of the season coincided with Duff's return to the team. He can still take a decent fullback to the cleaners on his day.

I would say our pick up in form coincided with Zamora leaving and the Pog arriving.

Duff has been excellent whilst here, a key figure in the last few seasons, but I think this season he has become a more marginal figure than before. With his wages being some of the biggest in the squad, it would not surprise me to see him go. I doubt he will be starting for us at the end of next season.

SmithyFFC

Quote from: Frankie-Peter Taylor on May 24, 2012, 03:37:31 PM
YES! He's actually been immense since Di Matteo came in, I've always rated him when people slated him. He scores goals. His record for mostly sub appearances is class!

Wouldn't say immense. Surely they would of kept him if they thought he was any good?
FTID

valdeingruo

Quote from: HatterDon on May 24, 2012, 10:59:34 AM
Quote from: White Noise on May 24, 2012, 08:36:16 AM
We also need a 'no more Blue Filth' option.

glad we didn't exercize that option for Duff!

Same with Bridge, Duff as mentioned,Goldbaek during the promotion years, Harley (though not used much) Lewington, Kakuta, Gudjohnson, smertin, Ian Pearce. We may not like it but crossing the line happens both ways.
Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi

Mr_Moon

Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on May 24, 2012, 03:38:29 PM

I would say our pick up in form coincided with Zamora leaving and the Pog arriving.

Duff has been excellent whilst here, a key figure in the last few seasons, but I think this season he has become a more marginal figure than before. With his wages being some of the biggest in the squad, it would not surprise me to see him go. I doubt he will be starting for us at the end of next season.

Well that and like the previous season, it took the team a while to adjust to the new manager. If people attribute our turn of form to Duff then it would be like saying our great escape was down to Kamara hitting form.

Watching Duff play on the right is so frustrating. He's incredibly one footed and has been sussed out by every manager now. No longer do left backs allow him to cut in, which in turn leaves a lot of space out on the right. He can't cross on his right either, which in turn has allowed us to see another side to Kelly's game. Duff is 33 and a high earner. There's really no point in keeping him. Flog him for £500k-£1m otherwise he'll leave for nothing next summer.