more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Thursday Fulham Stuff (31/05/12)...

Started by WhiteJC, May 31, 2012, 04:33:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Back In Action

Clint Dempsey's return to fitness saw the Fulham star participate in a full training session with the U.S. Men's National Team on Monday ahead of Wednesday's mouthwatering match against Brazil.

Whilst Dempsey has stated that he may not be ready to start the match at the FedExField in Maryland on Wednesday night, he is hoping to play some part in the fixture against the five-time FIFA World Cup champions.

"I don't think I'd be able to go a complete 90 minutes and I don't think you should put yourself in the position to take up a spot of a guy who has more fitness than you," said Dempsey ahead of Wednesday's game. "But I'm going to continue to work hard and try to get my fitness up and if I do get into the game, I want to make an impact.

"You always want to play against top teams. It's always exciting, but at the same time you don't want to go back unless you can feel you can make an impact. I think if I get another training session under my belt and see how things go and push myself a little bit further, I know whether I'll be ready."

Read more: http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2012/May/DempseyBrazilPreview.aspx?#ixzz1wPmBE6bc

WhiteJC

QPR target open to Middle East switch

Transfer News: Fulham striker Andy Johnson would consider playing in the United Arab Emirates

Fulham striker Andy Johnson has admitted that he is considering making a move to the United Arab Emirates.

The 31-year-old has been linked with a reunion at QPR with former Whites manager Mark Hughes.

Johnson is out of contract at Craven Cottage and his agent Anthony McFarlane has however revealed that he could move to the Middle East.

"It's something he has firmly been thinking about," McFarlane told Sport360.

"He is now 31, and he has never been in this situation in his career where he is available on a Bosman.

"His mind is open and he's looking at all his options, both here in England and abroad. He is keen on a new challenge and very interested in a move to the UAE provided the offer is right.

"He's married, he's got two kids and a move to the UAE would provide a nice lifestyle and a new experience for AJ and his family.

"There have been no concrete offers as such at this moment in time, but there has been strong interest from a number of clubs in the gulf area, including a couple from the UAE.

"Without a doubt, he is looking at it. It's just a case of weighing up his options and making sure he joins the right club."

http://www.london24.com/sport/fulham/qpr_target_open_to_middle_east_switch_1_1393420?

WhiteJC

Fulham and Borussia Monchengladbach make offers for Swedish striker

18 year old Swedish striker Besnik Rustemaj of Kalmar FF in Sweden has confirmed that both Fulham and Borussia Monchengladbach have spoken to him regarding a move away from the Swedish club. The 18 year old, 6'1" striker was previously a player of Blackburn Rovers until the summer of 2011 when he returned to Sweden.

He has mostly been playing reserve football for Kalmar and was looking for assurances of a chance at 1st team football. Speaking to the press he said "Fulham and Monchengladbach have spoken to me. Both are willing to buy me. I will speak to the team and try to make the change, that should not be a problem".

He continued "I want to test a new way because I have hardly had any time on the pitch with the 1st team and I usually sit on the bench. I honestly do not know why but this is the way it is. Both Fulham and Monchengladbach have told me that I will get a chance to play. I'm ready for the next step".

"The Bundesliga is a good league for me, I am physically strong so I think I would fit in. In addition, Gladbach is qualified for the Champions League next season. That would be a fantastic opportunity but the Premier League is a fantastic league."

When compared to Manchester City hotshot John Guidetti who's been on loan at Feyenoord, he said "Look at him, he is a year older than me and scores a lot of goals. When I go abroad and get a chance, I can emulate him"

I've never seen Rustemaj play and I'd be interested to hear any feedback on him. His compatriot Guidetti appears to be heading for big things so can he really emulate him?

http://www.cottagersconfidential.com/2012/5/30/3052179/fulham-and-borussia-monchengladbach-make-offers-for-swedish-striker?

WhiteJC

Shooting For The Stars!

Corpus Christi Primary School, proudly representing Fulham FC, were recently crowned winners of the Under 11s mixed category at the Finals of the Premier League Schools Tournament, which were held at Arsenal's prestigious Emirates Stadium. Corpus Christi Primary School beat off stiff competition in the Final from Rhodes Avenue to win 2-0.

Established six years ago, the tournament gives school football teams nationwide the chance to team up with their local Premier League football club, and play alongside some of the biggest names in football.

Each of the 20 Premier League clubs stages their own competition to select a school to represent it in the regional finals. This year's finals saw 20 Under 11s mixed teams and 20 Under 13 girls' teams compete for the glory of winning the trophy.

With over 7,000 young footballers from over 550 schools taking part, the team did exceptionally well to triumph in the knock-out tournament. The players from Corpus Christi Primary School received an authentic experience, from wearing the Fulham kit and, using the same dressing rooms their local club use on match-day, to walking down the tunnel to the Premier League anthem. The teams were even refereed by six Premier League match officials!

Corpus Christi was presented with the Premier League Schools Tournament trophy by former Manchester United and England football star, Dion Dublin.

The Finals will be televised exclusively on Disney XD's football themed entertainment show Goalmouth on Thursday 31st May at 5:30pm.

Read more: http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2012/May/FoundationRelease.aspx?#ixzz1wPnKxRJN

WhiteJC

Bon Voyage?

Many of us suspect that we may have seen the last of Andrew Johnson in a Fulham shirt.

With Martin Jol keen to shuffle things around there doesn`t have seemed to have been much positive movement on getting AJ to commit to the club.

Now the gossip, as reported by one news source, infers that AJ`s future could lie away from the Premier League with the strikers agent suggesting that he has had enquiries from teams in the Pro-League in the united Arab Emirates.

Although we appreciate that the salary on offer is probably very attractive, we can`t help thinking that AJ has something to offer somebody in the Premier League still.

What are your thoughts on the subject?

Read more: http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=283559#ixzz1wPndaoX3

WhiteJC

Keep Working

After sweating your balls off all season keeping your fitness levels at a maximum, the close season period must come as a relief to most players.

Unfortunately, the temptation to over-indulge whilst you sun yourself besides the lush blue seas of some exotic holiday location could, this season have ramifications.

No more will our players be allowed to return to pre-season training pretending all is well and then trying to sweat off those few excess pounds before the medical staff is able to unravel the precise fitness levels of the players.

This time around it looks like Martin Jol`s team are to instigate spot checks on the state of the players with Jol remarking,

"Some players think they can put the heart monitor around their dog`s neck. Then when they come back they`ll say they are very fit."

"But we`re sending guys round to check."

I wonder how many will hide behind the sofa and pretend they`re not in?

Read more: http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=283560#ixzz1wPnvmWwW

WhiteJC

Nacer Chadli?

It`s a familiar name as far as transfer gossip goes with Vital Fulham having covered a possible Craven Cottage interest in him before.

But, this morning, the media seem keen to promote the possibility that Martin Jol is keen to orchestrate a deal for the twenty-two year-old.

Chadli, on the books of FC Twente, is a winger and is rated in the £9 million bracket. Speaking about a possible move to our part of London, the winger is quoted as having remarked,

"The English League attracts me the most. Fulham is a very nice club."

Indeed we are but one day I hope that word nice is replaced by successful!

Read more: http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=283561#ixzz1wPo61xHs

WhiteJC

Chelsea linked with Dembele – and Stockdale with West Ham

Chelsea reportedly want to sign Moussa Dembele from Fulham, whose goalkeeper David Stockdale has been linked with West Ham as a replacement for Robert Green.

The Sun claim Chelsea are ready to make a £10m move for Dembele and that Hammers boss Sam Allardyce is keen on Stockdale.

Green's future at West Ham is in doubt as his contract expires this summer. It is claimed that he wants £50,000 a week and that QPR are interested.

Meanwhile, the Daily Mirror say Chelsea have been told by Porto that a £30m bid tabled for striker Hulk is not enough.

It is suggested that Porto are still 'cheesed off' with Chelsea about losing Andre Villas-Boas to them a year ago.

And, following recent reports that Chelsea are set to offer Ryan Bertrand a new deal, the Daily Mail also say the club are planning contract talks with the left-back.

The Mail also report that Chelsea and Manchester City have been advised to cool their spending on wages in light of the introduction of Uefa's financial fair play rules.

http://www.westlondonsport.com/paper-talk/chelsea-linked-with-dembele-and-stockdale-with-west-ham/