watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Players who had talent but never quite delivered

Started by Jambo, June 01, 2012, 02:37:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jambo

Just a discussion thread about players we have had that undoubtedly had talent but just never hit those heights.  I'm hoping that Ruiz doesn't fall into this category in coming seasons.

The player for me that had it all was Kamara. Pace to burn, skill but could never put 2 good games together and ultimately became very frustrating to watch.

Your thoughts?
We all see the game differently, FoF has taught me that.

@jambohunt

http://jameshuntbw.blogspot.co.uk/

Walsh

This isn't following the exact topic but a player who was insane but never played for a top 4 team was Jay-Jay Okocha, he was that good they named him twice!

The Equalizer

Fabrice Fernandes. One of the tidiest footballers I've ever seen on his day. A bit greedy and a bit of a wimp, but his on the ball skill was immense.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

Mr Fulham

Andy_M

I always thought Fabrice Fernandes failed to go on to bigger things after his loan with us....
@got_maile

TonyGilroy

Kenny Achampong and Justin Skinner.

Rodney Marsh whilst he played for us. Alec Stock transformed him at QPR.

Andy_M

Quote from: The Equalizer on June 01, 2012, 02:42:29 PM
Fabrice Fernandes. One of the tidiest footballers I've ever seen on his day. A bit greedy and a bit of a wimp, but his on the ball skill was immense.

Had posted whilst I wrote mine about Fernandes. Clearly great minds think a-like Equalizer
@got_maile

tommy

I thought John Harley was going to be an England regular. He just hit a wall.

twang

Collins John. Deary me, I though we had found the next Ronaldo.

Andy_M

Quote from: twang on June 01, 2012, 03:12:50 PM
Collins John. Deary me, I though we had found the next Ronaldo.

Always remember that goal he scored up at 'Boro. Was class.
@got_maile

Rupert

Luke Cornwall, of all people. Perhaps because the programme spent several years bigging him up as the next hot prospect from our youth system, he made his debut in the first team, scored a good goal and...disappeared.

Agree with Collins John, and dear old Kenny Achampong, a well balanced player with a chip on each shoulder (  :drums: I thank you, I'm here all week), the other one who ultimately disappointed was Dean Coney, after he and Ivor set Division 3 afire and went on to terrorise Division 2, for the first six months before he hit the barren patch, I thought he could be something really special.
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

Jambo

Agree with Fabrice, was convinced he was going to make it big. Didn't like the cold though!
We all see the game differently, FoF has taught me that.

@jambohunt

http://jameshuntbw.blogspot.co.uk/

AlFayedsChequebook

Phillipe Christenval

Quality player, terrible injury record.

Frankie-Peter Taylor

In a way, Eddie Johnson. Had so much pace, potential after hitting goals in the American league. Arrived but then had little footballing ability, didn't know the offside trap. Didn't know whether he was an AJ type or a Zamora type striker, big problem.

SoCalJoe

A couple of guys who are still getting paid to play, so they've had nice careers, but never reached the elite status; Liam Rosenior and Wayne Routledge.
You can observe a lot by just watching.

Dan in Notts

Abbotsbury White

Adam Green another who came from the youth ranks,19 when he made his debut and had a couple of solid games, thought he could turn out decent but basically just not quite good enough,noticed he's made 56 appearances for Dartford since 2011 and scored 7 goals!
Kicking around on a piece of ground in your home town.

MOR :

John Finch early 90's (Only played a few games though)...went back to being a chef I think.