watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Players who had talent but never quite delivered

Started by Jambo, June 01, 2012, 02:37:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FatFreddysCat

Have to agree with EQ about Fabrice, i saw him in a pre season friendly against spurs and he brought this high ball down and turned some spud in one fluent moment of pure brilliance. He then went to stories of just leaving his car in the middle of the rd for the minnions of fulham to retrieve for him, to lee Clark grabbing him by the throat at Burnley in a midweek game in the winter the one game all the papers said we would bottle after winnining our first eleven games (they was right). Didn't he end up in Israel ? What a waste of tremondous talent. Could have been a great. Also who was the Arsenal kid we got after Pesch and Selley (he could have been great if not for them northampton bastards) steve Hughes, thats him thought himself a superstar, completely blanked young kids looking for his autograph, then ended up at??????

HatterDon

Quote from: SoCalJoe on June 01, 2012, 05:09:30 PM
A couple of guys who are still getting paid to play, so they've had nice careers, but never reached the elite status; Liam Rosenior and Wayne Routledge.

Routledge just had his best season -- by far. Liam? ... sigh.

I'm with AFC concerning Christanval, but for wasted talent, my number one will always be Graham French: a strong, quick winger who could lay it on a sixpence with either foot, and had a cannon of a shot. All it took was some booze and a couple of trips to the nick to put paid to him. I saw him on his second comeback [in his mid 30s, pace of a turtle, and about 2 stones overweight] and nobody could touch him.

More than sad, really.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

vagrant

I always wondered what went wrong with Jim Hicks????

And after what we were led to believe, what happened with Steve Marlet..........

finnster01

John Watson never delivered but that was probably because he actually didn't have any talent in the first place. How he scammed Fulham to sign him up beats me.

But having talent and not delivering, albeit in the swan-song of his career I might add, nobody beats Jari Litmanen. He didn't even manage to put his Fulham shirt on. His highlight in his short Fulham career was beating the famous Fulham medical in the first place.
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

ffc73

Duncan Jupp

His sale to Wimbledon raised much needed funds for us during the dark ages just prior to Mickey Adams revolution and I thought Jupp would go on to be a star at a higher level.  Never happened and I think he ended up at Southend.  Might be wrong.   I am sure someone will know

Travers Barney

kenny a was the real king kenny.....kilburns finest
We are the whites

FatFreddysCat

I forget his name, but a left back i think (black kid) played at Brum when i got kicked out in what was Woys first game in charge, not officially, but he was there taking the credit for the draw , but if we lost he was just watching (i hate that crap). Thought he had it all, is he the kid at orient that got nicked for some gang crap?

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: Travers Barney on June 01, 2012, 10:18:37 PM
kenny a was the real king kenny.....kilburns finest
Yeah loved him.had a chat outside Walsalls old ground, he hated Jimmy Hill.

EJL

Quote from: Mr Fulham on June 01, 2012, 02:43:46 PM
Definitely Kamara. Also Giles Barnes.
Barnes was never given a chance for us. Scored numerous goals in the reserves, notably against Arsenal, but I don't think he even made the squad.

Agree with you and the rest about Kamara though  :dft011:

Mr_Moon

Quote from: FatFreddysCat on June 01, 2012, 10:20:19 PM
I forget his name, but a left back i think (black kid) played at Brum when i got kicked out in what was Woys first game in charge, not officially, but he was there taking the credit for the draw , but if we lost he was just watching (i hate that crap). Thought he had it all, is he the kid at orient that got nicked for some gang crap?

Zakuani was the one at Orient, but he was a centre back. We had a left back that season called Nathan Ashton and a right back Elliott Omozusi. Omozusi was supposed to be the nuts. I remember stumbling back through town one night, nicking a paper from the bundle left outside Starbucks and reading an article on the supposed eventual Olympics squad. It included Omozusi.

CorkedHat

Going back - Dave Metchick and Peter Marinello
What we do for others will live on. What we do for ourselves will die with us

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: Mr_Moon on June 02, 2012, 12:40:47 AM

Zakuani was the one at Orient, but he was a centre back. We had a left back that season called Nathan Ashton and a right back Elliott Omozusi. Omozusi was supposed to be the nuts. I remember stumbling back through town one night, nicking a paper from the bundle left outside Starbucks and reading an article on the supposed eventual Olympics squad. It included Omozusi.
Yep Omozusi it is i think. Weirdly enough didn't he end up at Orient and got nicked for some gang attack?

The Doctor

Just to cross-reference threads...did any of these players who never delivered become postmen?

cmg

Quote from: The Doctor on June 02, 2012, 07:01:59 PM
Just to cross-reference threads...did any of these players who never delivered become postmen?

...is this week's winner!

Mr_Moon

Quote from: FatFreddysCat on June 02, 2012, 06:44:03 PM
Quote from: Mr_Moon on June 02, 2012, 12:40:47 AM

Yep Omozusi it is i think. Weirdly enough didn't he end up at Orient and got nicked for some gang attack?

You are correct Fred!

finnster01

Quote from: The Doctor on June 02, 2012, 07:01:59 PM

Or played the sax?  :032:
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

SouthfieldWhite

Corey brOwn, Michael Mison, Rory Hamill to name a few

Travers Barney

Wonder what happened to Nic Sahoun....great talent imo in his oh too brief period with us...on loan from Bordeaux where his dad died on the pitch...were it not for no23 he might have had more games...stocky build but great passer and oozed class...can only be in his early thirties now
We are the whites

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: Travers Barney on June 05, 2012, 06:21:13 PM
Wonder what happened to Nic Sahoun....great talent imo in his oh too brief period with us...on loan from Bordeaux where his dad died on the pitch...were it not for no23 he might have had more games...stocky build but great passer and oozed class...can only be in his early thirties now
yeah i thought he looked a winner, but then i thought Leon andreason was going to be big. As an after thought how about talented players who got injured. Jerome Bonnisell and Ian Selley, to this day i still hate Northampton for finishing his carear after only three games, it was Peschi's debut, who was very quickly our first Million pound player after Selley was our first £500k player. I thought Selley could have been much better than Peschi (who was my hero).

Travers Barney

Quote from: FatFreddysCat on June 05, 2012, 06:43:48 PM
Quote from: Travers Barney on June 05, 2012, 06:21:13 PM
yeah i thought he looked a winner, but then i thought Leon andreason was going to be big. As an after thought how about talented players who got injured. Jerome Bonnisell and Ian Selley, to this day i still hate Northampton for finishing his carear after only three games, it was Peschi's debut, who was very quickly our first Million pound player after Selley was our first £500k player. I thought Selley could have been much better than Peschi (who was my hero).
[/quote

Remember the day we signed Pesch Fred...decided to pop down to the BBC ground where Fulham were training at the time (opposite the current training ground but now disgracefully unkempt)..recall having a chat with Ray Wilkins about his arrival...a far cry from today's security patrolled arrangements......used to often have a chat with players in the bar and the likes of Micky Conroy used to use the club in the evenings..strangely for a scotsman he didnt drink... he loved celtic....had  a chat with kenny at fellows park did you....very talented player who would have played at a higher level in the modern era with the increased protection players of his type receive nowdays....offer still stands of a few beers if you can make it down next monday.
We are the whites