watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Dembélé speaks - and it's positive!

Started by twang, June 08, 2012, 10:14:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admin

I don't see why people are saying he won't sign, if he's happy at Fulham, playing under Jol etc, then what is the rush?

We've possibly spoken to him about a new improved deal, both player, club and agent are ironing out final details and if he's staying, he'll put pen to paper in a couple weeks, no big deal.

I can't see Dembele' running down his contract for the last year, whats the point, he'll miss out on another half a million - million if we're doubling his wages, it'd be madness.

If he's looking to go to a bigger club in the future then he'll have a get out clause put in like EDV did before going to United.

Have faith.

twang

Quote from: Admin on June 08, 2012, 04:32:36 PM
I don't see why people are saying he won't sign, if he's happy at Fulham, playing under Jol etc, then what is the rush?

We've possibly spoken to him about a new improved deal, both player, club and agent are ironing out final details and if he's staying, he'll put pen to paper in a couple weeks, no big deal.

I can't see Dembele' running down his contract for the last year, whats the point, he'll miss out on another half a million - million if we're doubling his wages, it'd be madness.

If he's looking to go to a bigger club in the future then he'll have a get out clause put in like EDV did before going to United.

Have faith.

I'm not saying I disagree with you, I have no idea of what Moose wants to and will do, but your point about him possibly missing out £1m really isn't valid. Seeing as he would be able to collect a huge sign on bonus if he signs for a big club as a free agent next summer.

If Dembele solely thinks about this move from a financial point of view then running down his contract is the only sensible thing to do.

Peabody

Why are you lot so cynical? He has said he is happy with us, why then do you see ulterior motives in this?

HatterDon

Quote from: twang on June 08, 2012, 03:46:41 PM
Quote from: HatterDon on June 08, 2012, 03:20:35 PM
Over time, how accurate and reliable is the Ealing Gazette? I'm familiar with all the national rags and most of the web sites, but not this one.

Well the interview is originally from The Fulham Chronicle (a part of the Ealing Gazette perhaps?) so I'd say they are very accurate and reliable.

http://www.fulhamchronicle.co.uk/london-sport/allsport/2012/06/08/dembele-hints-at-fulham-stay-82029-31140299/

Thanks for the 4-1-1 as we say here in the colonies.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Mr Fulham

Quote from: threedhomer on June 08, 2012, 02:40:43 PM
Any chance that he and Dempsey are gauging each other?  Dempsey to stay if Dembele stays, and vice versa? 
more likely one stays one leaves.

Bassey the warrior

Very promising to hear him talking of the club's aims next season. I am hoping that he's come to recognize it would be a bad idea to move to any club that can't guarantee him a starting place. Spurs still seems a realistic move but hopefully it won't happen.

twang

Quote from: HatterDon on June 08, 2012, 07:24:58 PM
Quote from: twang on June 08, 2012, 03:46:41 PM
Quote from: HatterDon on June 08, 2012, 03:20:35 PM
Over time, how accurate and reliable is the Ealing Gazette? I'm familiar with all the national rags and most of the web sites, but not this one.

Well the interview is originally from The Fulham Chronicle (a part of the Ealing Gazette perhaps?) so I'd say they are very accurate and reliable.

http://www.fulhamchronicle.co.uk/london-sport/allsport/2012/06/08/dembele-hints-at-fulham-stay-82029-31140299/

Thanks for the 4-1-1 as we say here in the colonies.

No worries!