News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Qatari Royal family set to grab stake in Fulham?

Started by Admin, June 08, 2012, 09:52:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NogoodBoyo

A well-written treatise, Master Haynes.  However (but me no buts), two statements from two different, but relevant sources come to mind:
1.  "I really cannot see it just being another corporate sell out for money, his family have enough of that already....."  An investment banker once countered a point I made that was similar to yours with: "No matter how much money somebody has, it never seems to be enough."
2.  "He'd bite the hand of anyone who's willing to buy the club off him."  That was a friend of mine who worked for Mo at the corner shop reporting a conversation he'd had with Chairman Mo.  Evidently nobody offered him enough - perhaps until now.
Time will tell, but I'd rather be reading these rumours than reports of us plummeting down the table, through the trap door and into oblivion.
Nogood "show me the money, isit" Boyo

MasterHaynes

Well Boyo, both fair points and I agree we will watch closely what deal, if any, actually transpires but I still feel if the motivation was solely money then he would sell it lock stock and barrel and pocket some money rather than just get the money he already lent back. Mo retaining control, if true, offers us hope that we may retain our quaint uniqueness going forward

Oakeshott

HatterDon

"I want us to continue to be a small club, with a beautiful quirky ground hard by the River Thames. I want us to play in Black and White, and I want the "small town" sensibility that makes people on this site and others reach out to embrace supporters from nations like Argentina, Brazil, Norway, Sweden. and South Texas."

I agree 100%. If I wanted to support a team that could buy its way to the Premiership title I'd have been a Manchester United fan years ago, and now of course there is a choice of three such.

fulhamben

Quote from: Oakeshott on June 09, 2012, 07:54:03 PM
HatterDon

"I want us to continue to be a small club, with a beautiful quirky ground hard by the River Thames. I want us to play in Black and White, and I want the "small town" sensibility that makes people on this site and others reach out to embrace supporters from nations like Argentina, Brazil, Norway, Sweden. and South Texas."

I agree 100%. If I wanted to support a team that could buy its way to the Premiership title I'd have been a Manchester United fan years ago, and now of course there is a choice of three such.
its slightly different starting to support a team that is at the top than one that might get a cash injection. as mentioned before, i did not hear too many complaints when mo bought us the 3rd and 2nd division leagues.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Oakeshott

Fulhamben

That's true, but MAF hasn't sought to change the basic aspects that HatterDon so accurately describes. The risk (or opportunity, depending on one's point of view) is of someone or some grouping immensely rich completely changing the character of the club (and without any doubt, in due course where we play). 

fulhamben

Quote from: Oakeshott on June 09, 2012, 10:54:30 PM
Fulhamben

That's true, but MAF hasn't sought to change the basic aspects that HatterDon so accurately describes. The risk (or opportunity, depending on one's point of view) is of someone or some grouping immensely rich completely changing the character of the club (and without any doubt, in due course where we play). 
thats not a given though. lets say they just want to come in to raise profile, what would be the point on spending millions to move us which in turn probaly wouldnt make that much money in the short term anyway. they might just say 30k is enough and it might not be biggest stadium but we can buy the best team.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

McBridefan1

Quote from: finnster01 on June 09, 2012, 01:27:49 AM
Qatari Royal Family? Spot the odd one in this photo...

Black sheep or westernized sheep?

ron

At least they are trying out club colours......Will we accept the gold on their hems for the gold in their pockets..?