more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Tuesday Fulham Stuff (12/06/12)...

Started by WhiteJC, June 12, 2012, 04:42:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Duff`s Angst

Last night, many Fulham supporters would have tuned in to see the Republic of Ireland take on Croatia.

With Roy Hodgson having ignored the English element of the Fulham squad, the games involving the Irish Republic offer a glimpse of two of those who wear our coveted shirts, in Duff and Stephen Kelly.

Last night was cap #98 for Damien but it wasn`t to be a night that he`d remember as the Irish conceded an early goal before leveling through Sean St Ledger before succumbing to a Croatian onslaught that saw then go down 3-1 and fighting to stay in the competition.

Read more: http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=284436#ixzz1xXyfz1gy

WhiteJC

FULHAM SEASON REVIEW 2011/2012[June 11, 2012]

I'm a big fan of Clint Dempsey. In fact, I'm a big fan of American soccer players. They always seem to be really nice guys. Demspey, McBride, Howard, Lalas, Cobi Jones... the list goes on. Fulham's word cloud features Clint Dempsey heavily, in fact he was the most written about player in BBC match reports [...]

I'm a big fan of Clint Dempsey. In fact, I'm a big fan of American soccer players. They always seem to be really nice guys. Demspey, McBride, Howard, Lalas, Cobi Jones... the list goes on.

Fulham's word cloud features Clint Dempsey heavily, in fact he was the most written about player in BBC match reports during the 2011/2012 season.

The below word cloud was generated using all of Fulham's match reports from the BBC website from the 2011/2012 season. The more frequently a word is used, the larger it appears on screen. The image was generated using the wonderful wordle.net.

http://spiritofmirko.com/2012/06/11/fulham-season-review-20112012/?

WhiteJC

Fulham close to landing greatly improved Real Madrid midfielder
He wasn't considered good enough by either Chelsea or Arsenal, making a grand total of 43 appearances for the two London giants in three years, but French midfielder Lassana Diarra resurrected his career at lowly Portsmouth, with whom he won the FA Cup in 2008 before being whisked away to arguably the greatest club in the world, Real Madrid, where he has spent the last four seasons as a more than useful squad player.

Diarra was widely expected to leave Real last season after becoming second choice to Sami Khedira, but the French midfielder ended up staying on and was duly rewarded with a La Liga winners medal.

However, it now appears that Diarra's career in Spain could well have come to an end with interest from both England and Italy for the 27-year old defensive midfielder.

Armed with an agent in Frederic Guerra, who is never shy of talking to the press, news has emerged on Radio Goal that a return to the Barclays Premier League is much the likelier with London based Fulham on the verge of signing Diarra. Napoli were rumoured to be in the running for his signature but a delay in offering a contract and the urgency being shown by West London club helping the midfielder make up his mind.

http://www.footylatest.com/fulham-close-to-landing-greatly-improved-real-madrid-midfielder/29194?

WhiteJC

Playing His Part

The 2011/12 campaign was certainly an eventful one for David Stockdale with a contract extension, a loan deal to Ipswich Town, First Team football with Fulham, and England call-ups to his name.

The 26-year-old goalkeeper has proven his worth to Fulham's cause over the past few years and it is clear he relishes turning out for Martin Jol's side.

"I'm quite used to going out on loan as I've done it quite a few times," Stockdale told fulhamfc.com. "I just love playing football so that's why I've been out a lot of times and I just try to be reliable for people who call upon me when I go out on loan and it's nice to be considered a reliable goalkeeper.

"Obviously I love playing for Fulham so I was happy to come back [when Mark Schwarzer got injured], although I had a good time at Ipswich."

Stockdale kept goal for 10 consecutive matches for the Whites after being recalled as a result of Schwarzer's injury, picked up against Swansea City in December, and the English stopper was delighted to contribute to an eventual ninth place finish for the Club.

"Seeing us finish the season in the top 10 and just being a part of that has got to be the major highlight from last year for me," he explained. "I think we showed last season just how good a team we are.

"I was at Ipswich on loan as well and enjoyed my time there, although it didn't go quite to plan [in terms of results]. But the highlight of my 2011/12 as a whole has to be being part of this Fulham side and showing everyone we are a top 10 team."

The fact that Stockdale rates Fulham's achievements as a greater personal highlight than his own success with the national team reflects his truly selfless nature, although he was obviously delighted to be recognised on three occasions by former England Manager Fabio Capello during the season.

"It was brilliant training with people like Rob Green, Scott Carson and Joe Hart," he admitted. "To train with goalkeepers like that was just great and you just realise how much strength in depth this country has in terms of goalkeepers.

"Ben Foster is another one but he's gone into international retirement. I think Joe Hart will be there for a long time because he's a great goalkeeper and he'll probably turn out to be one of the best we've ever had."

Read more: http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2012/June/PlayingHisPart.aspx?#ixzz1xaasr86K

WhiteJC

Fulham stopper backs Manchester City star to be an England mainstay for a long time

David Stockdale hailed Joe Hart

Fulham goalkeeper David Stockdale has back Manchester City star Joe Hart to shine for England for a long time to come.

The 26-year-old featured in former Three Lions manager Fabio Capello's squads on three occasions but believes that the Manchester City star will hold the number one jersey for a long time to come.

"It was brilliant training with people like Rob Green, Scott Carson and Joe Hart," he told the club's official site.

"To train with goalkeepers like that was just great and you just realise how much strength in depth this country has in terms of goalkeepers.

"Ben Foster is another one but he's gone into international retirement. I think Joe Hart will be there for a long time because he's a great goalkeeper and he'll probably turn out to be one of the best we've ever had."

http://www.london24.com/sport/fulham/fulham_stopper_backs_manchester_city_star_to_be_an_england_mainstay_for_a_long_time_1_1407921?