watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Reading's New Russian Owner Confident Of Sealing Pog Deal Soon

Started by White Noise, June 17, 2012, 03:40:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Noise

http://www.people.co.uk/sport/football/football-hotline/2012/06/17/reading-in-the-race-to-sign-pavel-pogrebnyak-102039-23897258/

Reading in the race to sign Pavel Pogrebnyak

Jun 17 2012 By Dave Kidd

READING are confident of pulling off a stunning transfer coup by signing Russia striker Pavel Pogrebnyak.

The impending deal is proof that the Royals' new Russian owner Anton Zingarevich has the clout to compete in the Premier League.

Sources at the Madejski Stadium believe a deal for Pogrebnyak, currently in the Russian squad at Euro 2012, is almost complete.

Pogrebnyak, 28, joined FULHAM on loan from STUTTGART in January with a view to a permanent move.

And after scoring six goals in eight games for the west London club, boss Martin Jol was keen to keep hold of the big target man.

But although Fulham wanted to complete the deal, they will not pay over the odds for the player.

And Reading have now come up with an eye-watering wage deal for the player and his representatives.

Me-ate-Live, innit??

...................and Brian McDermott  will be happy with someone else picking his team ..........................
I don't think so  :038:

Mr Fulham

They are so clueless, we didn't sign him on a loan deal. Always a bit surprising, because Kidd and Jones (both FFC supporters as far as I know) come across as very nice and reasonable on twitter and then - boom - they come up with crap reports in the newspapers....

CincyFulham

SG

I dont actually think that he was that good - and certainly not worth overpaying for

JBH

Not bothered either way, he started well but did nothing after the first few games so Im glad the club won't pay over the top wages for a squad player especially as there are better options out there.  :028:

BalDrick

Quote from: SG on June 18, 2012, 06:30:54 AM
I dont actually think that he was that good - and certainly not worth overpaying for

Looked completely out of his depth when he came on for the Ruskies the other night against pretty poor opposition. Absolutely convinced there's loads better available.
Cigarettes and women be the death of me, better that than this old town

Edwatch_Winston_Malone

PROVEN BPL goal scorer - not many of them about that are willing to join Fulham...

Max Headroom

Started very well.... People said he was not a prolific goalscorer, and so it proved.

His link up play is very good, and he is a decent enough striker, but not worth breaking the bank over.

Burt

In the absence of anyone else being brought in, we would be mad to let him go.

He scores goals, gives 110%, is a good target man, etc. etc.

We should judge his contributions on more than a handful of games for us, and one subs appearance for the national team.

ElissonSnygg

Quote from: SG on June 18, 2012, 06:30:54 AM

Agree
Official board member of the Swedish Supporter Club - FFC Sweden.

Twitter: @ElissonSnygg

ScalleysDad

At the risk of putting myself firmly in The Jol Camp I think the sceptism he has shown is telling. Anyone else remember the "one swallow does'nt make a summer" quote or was that just me dreaming. If Pog was the answer would we not have tried to tie him up before he went away.
If the Ruiz/Dembele style of play is the future a bulldozer up front is not going to be the answer.

Captain Peacock

Can't really add anymore other than don't pay over the odds for him!!
Somewhere in deepest East Surrey
Follow me on twitter @pavo121

TonyGilroy

Players are looking for the best deal and few will be committing this early.

I hope we sign Pog because he seemed to fit us but if Reading's Russian owner wants to pay over the top then you can understand him going there and he's not that good that it'll be a disaster for us.

There'll be the usual end of August scramble. Until then there'll be daily rumours with 95% being without any validity.

fulhaman

I want the Pog to stay, I think he could be really good. Him and Defoe would be an amazing line up

fulhaman

How much do you think the Pog is after 30k a week or more?

BalDrick

Quote from: fulhaman on June 18, 2012, 03:25:01 PM
I want the Pog to stay, I think he could be really good. Him and Defoe would be an amazing line up

I'd be very surprised indeed if we got Defoe - he's on absolutely silly money. I'll be happy if the Pog stays but I'd hope there'd be a few better than him on the books. Won't be disconsolate if he goes though.
Cigarettes and women be the death of me, better that than this old town

TWFL

Quote from: fulhaman on June 18, 2012, 03:33:28 PM
How much do you think the Pog is after 30k a week or more?
I heard we offered 20k and Reading offered 30k.

Personally don't want to overpay for the man. And like someone else said we need a technical player not a bulldozer up front. So even if he did stay he wouldn't be the first choice and that is probably is what he is delaying over, the fact he wants to be a starter which, I don't think, we can offer.

AlFayedsChequebook

For a free transfer and on a middling-low wage, he would be a good pick up. He has shown he can score goals and the team has always looked better with him up front than without him, in the absence of Zamora.

That said, I am sure we are not going to over pay for him, so if he goes elsewhere, I will be confident it is because we didn't want to risk paying him too much.