watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR: Rangers

Started by bede, June 13, 2012, 10:19:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bede

It's a sad day to be a Ger, for the last six months it has been tough but you've looked for the light at the end of the tunnel, now that a newCo is the only option it has hit rock bottom, I dunno if there are any other bears on the forum but I'm feeling for every single one of us.

But you've got to keep going don't ya.

So Rangers may or may not be sent to the 3rd division, in my honest opinion we should be sent there because it is only fair, but I also understand that this is a special case because Scottish football NEEDS the OF.

Regardless the reason I am saying this here is because it looks like a lot of the Rangers players will be going on frees, so should we be trying to bring some of those guys to CC?

Naismith would be an absolute steal, he's a brilliant little football. Davis has matured a lot since he was first in England and is a smart CM. McGreggor is the most talented player in the squad but not really who we need. Sone Aluko is the one guy who would be huge to get.

Thoughts?

mr-ska

I favour Rangers out of the big two in Scotland..  its such a sad day for The club  and even sadder for Scottish football which was is a right old state before this.

I suppose rules are rules..  but to see them in the Scottish 3rd seems absurd.  It will have a knock on effect in the Scottish Premier as about 45,000 fans have been taken out of the equation.

Sad times

Walsh

I think we will see another article about Celtic wanting to be in League 1 again.

Legate21

I've liked the look of Rhys McCabe, he's looked incredibly calm and professional in the two Old Firm games I've watched bits of, probably was Rangers best player in both matches. So if there was anybody available on a free I'd take him, and possibly Aluko, he's looked quite interesting in fits and starts. Don't really pay much attention to Scottish football though so not the best judge.

It does seem incredible that such a thing could happen to what was the best team in Scotland.

Legate21

Just thought I'd bring this back up as Sky Sports are reporting that Aluko has declined the transfer of his contract to the new club, and 8 other players are supposedly going to follow suit.

Any takers on Aluko?

jarv

Just read tha a few clubs are voting against Rangers, including Celtic. As a Scot, I have to say I really couldn't care less about the big two. In England, Leeds, Portsmouth, Southampton were shown no sympathy. I suspect Rangers will get the same treatment in Scotland. They need to get on with it and put their house in order. Maybe if the hire 'arry as manager he can put all the final nails in their coffin :011:
Naismith, definitely a fine player. Would like to see him at CC.

Lighthouse

The game in Scotland is as good as out on its feet if Rangers are out of the top division. Celtic will try and move on as there will be nobody to play and even Celtic fans will become fed up with the one sided games. Players will leave and Scotland will have a nothing league.

We are as close as we have ever been to seeing a British league. Sadly this does mean the end of the game in Scotland as a going concern.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

craig10

Quote from: jarv on June 23, 2012, 01:45:13 PM
Just read tha a few clubs are voting against Rangers, including Celtic. As a Scot, I have to say I really couldn't care less about the big two. In England, Leeds, Portsmouth, Southampton were shown no sympathy. I suspect Rangers will get the same treatment in Scotland. They need to get on with it and put their house in order. Maybe if the hire 'arry as manager he can put all the final nails in their coffin :011:
Naismith, definitely a fine player. Would like to see him at CC.

also Luton Town were shown the stiff hand lol wouldnt be right Rangers getting away with it and Luton even had new buyers who paid off all fines and liquidators etc before the deductions took place

MJG

If Rangers end up in the scottish third it will be a crowd control disaster. Some of the grounds just about have a fence around the pitch.
I suspect they will end up in div 1 as a compromise. One season out of the prem and they can sort themselves out and will come back stronger.

Supermitch

Quote from: MJG on June 23, 2012, 03:31:16 PM
If Rangers end up in the scottish third it will be a crowd control disaster. Some of the grounds just about have a fence around the pitch.
I suspect they will end up in div 1 as a compromise. One season out of the prem and they can sort themselves out and will come back stronger.

The smallest capacity will be around 3000, with Queens Park being the largest (play at Hampden of course).  It is not really different logistically to a league side visiting a non league side in a Cup match.

Whilst the other SPL Chairmen will miss their travelling support, I'm sure the clubs in Div 3 will welcome the bumper gates they'll benefit from, in exactly the same way as say the Combined Counties League clubs did when AFC Wimbledon started again.

Why should Rangers be exempt from starting again at the bottom level - Livingston had to.......

MJG

I was maybe taking it a bit too far on the grounds, but yhe extra cost of police, stewards as well, I think will swing it for them to go to div 1. Also the clubs will not really want Rangers out the prem for more than a year.
Don't get me wrong I think they should go to the bottom and all the players should be able to walk away as well. But as always money will talk.

YankeeJim

Hmmmmn, does this mean Boca is available?
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Burt

Thank God... When I read the title of the thread I thought this was *yet another* thread about QPR  :dft011:

fulhamben

Quote from: MJG on June 23, 2012, 04:01:19 PM
I was maybe taking it a bit too far on the grounds, but yhe extra cost of police, stewards as well, I think will swing it for them to go to div 1. Also the clubs will not really want Rangers out the prem for more than a year.
Don't get me wrong I think they should go to the bottom and all the players should be able to walk away as well. But as always money will talk.
its all relative. you only need more stewards and police if you have more bums on seats. more bums on seats means more revenue. also what message does it send out to the rest of the teams if the punishment is only a drop out of the spl for one season. and as to the massive crowds, arent they a new team? would be very pressumptious to think that all of the old rangers fans will now suddenly follow a new team. would make them very fickle and un loyal.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

TheDon

why don't we play them in a pre-season so we can sing " you've got no history" ps remember they have a fan allegiance to cfc.

fulhamben

Quote from: TheDon on June 23, 2012, 07:07:19 PM
why don't we play them in a pre-season so we can sing " you've got no history" ps remember they have a fan allegiance to cfc.
yep there are not many clubs that have won less than us.  bet that intertoto looks mighty shinny to the new boys in town
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

bede

Quote from: YankeeJim on June 23, 2012, 05:49:35 PM

Well yes and no, he is still contracted by the club but he gets the choice to enact a free transfer clause due to the liquidation. He has been linked tithe Colarado Rapids.

bede

Quote from: Supermitch on June 23, 2012, 03:48:24 PM
Quote from: MJG on June 23, 2012, 03:31:16 PM

The smallest capacity will be around 3000, with Queens Park being the largest (play at Hampden of course).  It is not really different logistically to a league side visiting a non league side in a Cup match.

Whilst the other SPL Chairmen will miss their travelling support, I'm sure the clubs in Div 3 will welcome the bumper gates they'll benefit from, in exactly the same way as say the Combined Counties League clubs did when AFC Wimbledon started again.

Why should Rangers be exempt from starting again at the bottom level - Livingston had to.......

They should have to, and as a fan I understand that and would accept that was it the decision that was made, but the SPL and SFA understand that they cannot survive without Rangers, it is not fair but the buerocracy of football hardly is.

YankeeJim

Quote from: bede on June 23, 2012, 11:45:27 PM

Well yes and no, he is still contracted by the club but he gets the choice to enact a free transfer clause due to the liquidation. He has been linked tithe Colarado Rapids.

Yea there is sense in that for Carlos. It'll be nice to see lannycakes bounce off him a few times.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

HatterDon

Quote from: bede on June 23, 2012, 11:45:27 PM

He's had a foot out the door since the season ended. Prior to the takeover/decertification he said he wouldn't take another pay cut just to stay with the club.

I hope he doesn't come home. He still has a lot to offer clubs in Europe.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel