watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Danny Murphy - a Fulham Career in Pictures

Started by Mr Fulham, June 23, 2012, 07:12:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bog

I cannot be the only one very upset at his leaving. (tears are welling after seeing these photos) He has been a magnificent captain for us overseeing some of the greatest games in the club's history. If we had have gone to penalties in Hamberg (as we deserved to) I could see him converting the winning penalty. If the club did try to lessen his wagee then it is a disgrace.
59 years for me at the Cottage and he is there with Johnny Haynes and Alan Mullery as our best ever captains.
A big thank you to Dario Gradi at Crewe for unearthing the player who should have played far more times for England.  

092.gif

White Noise

Quote from: bog on June 24, 2012, 03:27:17 PM
I cannot be the only one very upset at his leaving. (tears are welling after seeing these photos) He has been a magnificent captain for us overseeing some of the greatest games in the club's history. If we had have gone to penalties in Hamberg (as we deserved to) I could see him converting the winning penalty. If the club did try to lessen his wagee then it is a disgrace.
59 years for me at the Cottage and he is there with Johnny Haynes and Alan Mullery as our best ever captains.
A big thank you to Dario Gradi at Crewe for unearthing the player who should have played far more times for England.  

092.gif

Totally agree. Very sad.

Quills

I'm gutted. What a player. Thanks for the photos.

cebu

Good luck to you Danny, Fulham's best midfield general since Haynes!   065.gif

WHITEwitch

Thank you so much for the picture gallery - excellent.

Can't believe how sad I am to lose him - I feel like I actually knew him personally.

Only hope someone will step up to take over as the leader on the pitch.

Haven't felt this gutted since Ruuufus and McGod.

kiwiwaka

Very sad to see Murphy leave, but I doubt it was down to money. We most likely offered a year (+ a future coaching role) which now would not be guaranteed football, whereas hes got a 2 year deal with almost guaranteed football. Good luck to him, been a great captain and a great player.

Been a long time coming with wholesale changes at Fulham, I just hope it's not too many at one time. Could be a huge turning point in the future of FFC!

Burt

A sad, sad day. I thought we could have at least done a deal which saw him taking on increasing responsibility for coaching etc. as his time on the field wound down.

Good luck Danny, you will be remembered...

Berserker

Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

HatterDon

Quote from: LBNo11 on June 23, 2012, 10:25:09 PM
...my favourite picture of Cap'n Murph, the looks on the faces of the man ure stars speaks volumes:-

My favorite as well. It was about 1/2 strut and 1/2 saunter. The unspoken look on the ManUre pair says "He's bloody done it to us again."

Now who will wear my #13?
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel