more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

ta ta murph

Started by wadey, June 23, 2012, 10:58:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AlFayedsChequebook

@admin - we both agree I think.

The club offered him a new contract but without the guarantee he will be a regular starter. Danny wanted to continue playing regularly so left. I am sure that Jol would have liked him here next season, but ultimately it boils down to this-

Either you would want him here for another two seasons with at least one as a first choice starter, but both playing the majority of games, or we part ways because Fulham need to do some succession planning for his position.

JBH

Quote from: KCat on June 24, 2012, 11:39:20 AM
You could also say If  he did not score at Pompy, he would not have been in Hamburg giving away a stupid throw  064.gif

True but Im still not sorry to see him leave FFC because his best playing days are over, so thanks Danny and goodbye  065.gif

Berserker

Also probably best he goes out on a high, rather than us fickle fans moaning about him giving balls away next season when his legs are tired.
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

The Equalizer

Danny's been a great servant to the club, but as has been stated before, all good things come to an end. Danny's in the twilight of his career, and while he can still do a fine job, he has on occasion looked a bit off the pace. He will do a fine job at Blackburn.

Farewell Papa Murph!
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

Meerkat

Like most people on here I am gutted that Danny is leaving, but I suppose it was going to happen sooner than later, but a great captain and professional.  So pleased that he didn't go to QPR.  Who will replace him perhaps Diarra, he is a qualitity player and will be match fit this season so should see the best of him.  Hangeland most certainly will be Captain I would think.

jarv

Great player for Fulham. Sad thing is, in these modern times there is rarely a "final" game where the player gets a send off from the fans. It happens in these bloody windows and he is gone! :56:

On the flip side, there are some players who would receive a "good riddance" rather than a "good bye". :005:

Oakeshott

If it proves to be true that Danny is moving on, I think it is a decision that will prove a huge mistake for the club, and from my point of view yet more evidence of Jol's incompetence.

NogoodBoyo

JBH: "Dont forget he also gave away the stupid throw in by our own 18 yard box in the Euro final that led to their winning goal so whilst DM has been great for Fulhma and Fulham have bee great for DM he has also cost us games in the past."
Nogood "one of the strangest posts I've seen in years, isit" Boyo

JBH

Quote from: NogoodBoyo on June 24, 2012, 03:23:47 PM
JBH: "Dont forget he also gave away the stupid throw in by our own 18 yard box in the Euro final that led to their winning goal so whilst DM has been great for Fulhma and Fulham have bee great for DM he has also cost us games in the past."
Nogood "one of the strangest posts I've seen in years, isit" Boyo

Not really he gave away THE THROW IN in a dangerous position when he could have launched it way down the pitch.

It was in response to people saying that Murphy was so fabulous for Fulham which at times was true but he was also dreadful on many occassions.

Still he is 35 and going so that's that and I for one won't really miss him as he has done well in the Fulham Shirt but is at the end of a career in the top flight and now fancies moving up north once again.  065.gif

VicHalomsLovechild

If you can't find anything positive to say about someone who really has given their all for the Club and us. Then say nothing and don't spoil a thread where people are saying goodbye and wishing someone the best for the future.

bigalffc

Thanks for everything Danny and good luck for the future 065.gif
Instead of seeing the rug being pulled from under us we can learn to dance on a shifting carpet - Thomas Crum

ron

Let it just be said that some players by their commitment find their way easily into our hearts. Danny is one such.

He is also a professional footballer, and not a fan, so he must find the best place to maximise his retirement fund. So it's thanks and goodbye, no regrets or recriminations of any sort whatsoever as time moves on.

NogoodBoyo

Amen Ron.  I wish he'd been playing for England today.
Nogood "a point of Murphy's please, isit" Boyo

BarryP

Danny Murphy has been one of my favorite Fulham men.  Captain Cool, a consummate professional and a superb leader.  God-speed and good luck Mr. Murphy.
"Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense."

JBH

Quote from: VicHalomsLovechild on June 24, 2012, 11:12:44 PM
If you can't find anything positive to say about someone who really has given their all for the Club and us. Then say nothing and don't spoil a thread where people are saying goodbye and wishing someone the best for the future.

What a you a Policeman! its a fans forum not a "Lets make everyone feel good Forum" I have said he has been good for Fulham and that Fulham have also been good for DM, he has been both influential and a liability at times and he is now going to pastures new away from the demands of the Premiership because unlike some on here he has realised that he can't cut it a the top level anymore, personally I thought he should have gone last year but he stayed saw out his contract and will no doubt get a nice fee in his own pocket from the Chicken Farmers.

So thanks Danny for all you have done but just like you I realise that it is time to for you to move on. Thats all you will get from me as I cannot offer any Hero worship to any player that has just done his job and has been payed handsomly for it.

Cheers  082.gif 065.gif

b+w geezer

Quote from: JBH on June 25, 2012, 06:29:11 AM
I cannot offer any Hero worship to any player that has just done his job and has been payed handsomly for it.
His applied skills have been among the best ever seen in our colours and he captained us in some outstandingly important and/or prestigious wins. To acknowledge that isn't hero-worship, but appreciation that, in your terms, his job performance has been way above average. I'd personally rate it one of the best in the past half century. (If that is soppy, so be it, but don't think it is.)