watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Question for those who went to the game

Started by finnster01, April 04, 2010, 05:29:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ScalleysDad

LM. Hence my points relating to Bullard and the Wolfsburg game. It became almost mandatory to pass to Bullard or include him in any move regardless of his form and the gaps he left and errors he made were often exploited. Murph had the same sort of 'absences' yesterday and as you say one led to the goal and another mare was a close run thing.
The sixty minute man thing is not only quite funny but probably a bit too much. I actually would'nt play him at the moment. As has been said Hughes looked comfortable with Davies at RB and in the same way both H's looked better with Baird breaking things up in front of them. Perhaps  a bit of bite in the middle will help Etuhu step onwards and upwards. Greening would'nt last more than five games in a row with his harum scarum tackling and besides his legs must be on a par with Murphs................ although lets face it he left his football brain with the baggies.   

Lighthouse

One or two bad games don't make a bummer. No not Murphy but KD. I don't know why he wasn't playing but I rather hoped we could give him another chance. Murph clearly needs time to rest and do his knitting and put his feet up. Sadly his didn't drop a stitch just the odd pass. So as much as we like him we have to try a few more combinations in central midfield.

How fit he will bne against the Germans on Thursday now becomes a worry.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Logicalman

I agree about Baird.
Although I feel he did a reasonable job at RB (so much better than Kelly), it seems that Davies has stepped into a role that, I believe, will suit him better, in lieu of JP returning, of course, in that he likes to make the runs forward, and in the pattern that Roy has set up for both his backs, this suits the whole team play. The central pairing of the H's is still solid, notwithstanding Helga making a couple of errors recently - but nothing the very steady Hughes couldn't clean up for him, for the most part, and whatevers left is for Mark to handle.

Baird could very easily take over in midfield, he has flourished since JB left, both in his JP stand-in role and, when permitted, in midfield, and if it wasn't for the requirement to have Dickie as Murphs minder,  he would have got more matches. With DD and Deuce swarming around them and pushing forwards, the midfield could be well off.

Gera, what can you say about the lad that hasn't been said so many times this season by every commentator that has seen him? With the re-advent of BZ up front and AJ's enforced absence after the perm game, ZG has made the support striker role his own (though he does need to get on with the game more and stop the hysteronics every time someone nudges him in the box), and he is getting stronger and more confident with every game. Not afraid to take the shot, to run at defenders and with that annoyance of a wasp to the defence, ZG is a busy man, and complements BZ so very well.

I'm very happy with the team I have seen recently wearing my colors, and with Roy showing a more, erm, aggressive(?) side to his nature with the damage to the seat, the kicking the water bottles at the oppositions coaches (apologies accepted I believe), and the veins on his neck pushing thru the turkey skin affect, the passion of Fulham is still there for all to see.

C O Y W