watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR: Happy July 4th to all Fellow Americans

Started by Logicalman, July 04, 2012, 11:59:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Logicalman

This will be my first as a citizen, and however tainted by sadness it has become due to the passing of another ex-pat who would have been celebrating the same with us in 2014, I am glad to finally took the plunge after 14 years.

BarryP

"Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense."

LBNo11

Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

YankeeJim

Logicalman, I didn't know. Congrats on joining us colonists!  starsnstripes

You do know that your knowledge of football was just cut in half.   :dft012:
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

LBNo11

...Happy 4th July to all my friends in the colonies of the America's, just be grateful King George III was bonkers - or you would all be drinking proper tea and speaking proper English like wot us Brits does - mind you the beer would have been a lot better..!
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

Logicalman

Quote from: LBNo11 on July 04, 2012, 07:16:54 PM
...Happy 4th July to all my friends in the colonies of the America's, just be grateful King George III was bonkers - or you would all be drinking proper tea and speaking proper English like wot us Brits does - mind you the beer would have been a lot better..!

Let you into a secret Ed, most Ex-pats I know personally still drink real tea (PG tips), drink real beer (ESB & LP), and talk as well as wot we does, proper like.
For brekkies today we had sausage, egg, bacon and fresh bread, washed down with a cup of rosie, and for dinner we've got Bangers and Mash with Bisto gravy.  There are just some things that little bit more difficult to let go of, I guess.

SoCalJoe

Congrats on your first 4th as a citizen, Mr. Finn would be the first with a big  :54:
You can observe a lot by just watching.

Porkopolis

Welcome aboard, Logicalman! I hope you enjoyed your first Independence Day as an official citizen.

starsnstripes  000en.gif

Porkopolis

Quote from: jarv on July 11, 2012, 02:51:31 PM
Porkopolis..... isn't that a nickname for Philadelphia (or somewhere)?. Heard it on NPR, on a programme called wait,wait don't tell me.

Sorry for the slow reply. "Porkopolis" was the 19th Century nickname for Cincinnati (where I live). You probably heard Drew Carey answering that trivia question on NPR. The city received the nickname due to its status as "hog butcher to America" and while some are embarrassed by it a lot of us get a charge out of the name. Our current nicknames are the official "City That Sings" and the more popular "Queen City."