News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Have we already signed some players but aren't making it official...

Started by General, June 28, 2012, 11:13:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

General

until the transfer window starts...?!

just seen this tweet which was posted

Scott Miller ‏@ScottGMiller
Been a great off season, however I'm ready to roll again! Looking forward to the transition and working with summer signings ‪#excitingyear‬

6:26 AM - 26 Jun 12 via Twitter for iPhone · Details

Sound extremely positive - he's excited and also looking forward to working with summer signings. Does this suggest that we've got some already signed up - more than 1? - or that he's expecting some?

tied in with the fact he was on his way to Germany the night of the Portugal Spain game and he's our fitness man could be interesting!

cottage cheese

sounds like he is looking forward to the summer with players coming in and not anyone we have "signed" already!

LukeJennings

Really hope we can get a lot signed early on unlike Ruiz signed last day
Twitter; @lukealele

My YouTube channel - http://m.youtube.com/user/LukeJennings9

Please subscribe!

Frankie-Peter Taylor

Without the Europa League, a year spent with his current squad and the club actually having the same manager going into the next season for the first time in years, I think we are going to be done relatively early and I hope the futures of Dempsey and Dembele are sorted early. If they are going to go, go now, don't drag out some squad morale decreasing saga.

Bassey the warrior

Not really clear. I expect he just means he expects people to come in over the summer. I'd have thought if we'd already wrapped up deals it would've been leaked by now.

Thunderzolt

Wouldn't be surprised if his trip to Germany is for a medical or fitness training with someone awaiting a visa. Pog took his medical in Germany and then trained in Paris pre work permit.

elgreenio

touch my camera through the fence

WhiteJC

Quote from: elgreenio on June 28, 2012, 04:31:53 PM
what would be the point in not making it official?

the same reason they haven't released details of the new home kit?

b+w geezer

"Looking forward to the transition" is the other phrase to pick up on. Out of context it's an odd one. To me `the transition' the feel of an inhouse term, of corporate-speak from a powerpoint presentation or similar denoting a process that everyone at FFC has been primed to expect/welcome.

elgreenio

Quote from: WhiteJC on June 28, 2012, 04:35:57 PM
Quote from: elgreenio on June 28, 2012, 04:31:53 PM
what would be the point in not making it official?

the same reason they haven't released details of the new home kit?

so we're not announcing new signings so we can milk the away kit sales?
Or if that was sarcasm then touche
touch my camera through the fence

SuffolkWhite

Just a thought, but could transition be money coming in to the club? So a club transition maybe?
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"