Started by Peabody, June 28, 2012, 09:26:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peabody

Berserker

Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

MOR :

That has shocked me. I thought the Germans would win easy but fair play to the Italians they done really well.

Berserker

Yep i have won at least £10 at work in the sweepstake now, could go up to £20 if Italy beat Spain. I shall donate my winnings to FOF when i get them :-)
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

EJL

The commentators were saying how they had something along the lines of "It's impossible for us to lose" on the front of one of their papers.

Saying that though they were right to be so confident because they arguably had the best squad in the competition.

TheDaddy

Italians played very well.Germans looked out on there feet...
"Well blow me if it wasnt the badger who did it "

Abbotsbury White

It was the classic 'Italian job' well done to them..and yes the Hun was undone..
Kicking around on a piece of ground in your home town.

ffcitaly

I agree with the other posts,I think Italy played well and deserved to win.
There is quite a few people now outside in Milan drinking and have a good party!

jarv

cebu

I've seen so many Germany - Italy matches over the years and the German team always contrives to blow it. Damned if I know why.   fp.gif

HatterDon

two things worth noting:

1. The German defense looked VERY slow. The through pass for Balotelli's second was so poor he had to stop to collect it, but there was still nobody between him and the keeper when he shot. That's shocking.

2. If there's a better footballer anywhere in the world collecting a paycheck who is better than Pirlo, I want to know who he is.

I'm no fan of SerieA or the Italian national team, but they played some great football today.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

AlFayedsChequebook

Everyone told me the Germans were going to 'smash' the italians. I said the Germans were favourites but it would be a close game. Looks like we were all wrong!

(Man waving Italian flag)

BalDrick

Puzzling that we managed to stop the Italians from scoring for 2 hours yet the Germans conceded twice in 45 minutes. Balotelli had a chance against us just like his second last night, rather wish he'd done the same thing with it, we may even have gone in search of a goal ourselves.

Bit gutted because I really wanted to see the contrasting styles of Germany and Spain, whereas the final now doesn't look quite so interesting (will still watch it though). I'm now tipping Spain (that'll be an Eyetie win nailed on then...).
Cigarettes and women be the death of me, better that than this old town

AlFayedsChequebook

Just to add, this is the kind of thing the German papers were publishing before the game: