News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR Newcastle after De Jong, does this mean Ba is leaving?

Started by Bassey the warrior, June 29, 2012, 12:09:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bassey the warrior

It could mean instead that Newcastle Utd will be play 4-3-3 with Ba, De Jong and Cisse up top. But all of those players would prefer to play centrally. It would also be a waste of Ben Arfa's talents as he's a good fit on the right. I presume that it will be one in one out. Where will Ba go? I think Liverpool or Spurs.

Frankie-Peter Taylor

He could very well stay, and there will be room for him to play with European Football and the domestic competitions.

ClarksOriginal

@sonikkicks on Twitter.

AlFayedsChequebook

I think they would be happy to sell Ba considering that Cisse hit the ground running and looks a class act.

Ba does have a dodgy knee so making money off of him when they got him for a free has got to be a priority for Newc

Mr Fulham

dgnffc

Was up in Newcastle yesterday (got home at 3am - thanks rain!) and the cabbie reckoned he'd been sulking ever since they signed cisse and was on his way to a turkish club.

Burt

There is room for both Ba and Cisse, although it was interesting to see Ba's strike rate decline as the season progressed.

Still a class act though. Perhaps he can stop off in Fulham for a season en route to Turkey  :dft011:

The King

Quote from: Burt on June 29, 2012, 12:37:46 PMalthough it was interesting to see Ba's strike rate decline as the season progressed.

He was sacrificed, put out to the wing and Cisse was given the central position. I guess it was the right decision.

cottage cheese

in talks to sign de jong and douglas who is a quality defender.

with their midfield sorted they are turning into a massive massive force if they sign de jong and douglas....
alan pardew i take my hat off to you

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: cottage cheese on June 29, 2012, 01:28:19 PM

with their midfield sorted they are turning into a massive massive force if they sign de jong and douglas....

Very little to do with Pardew IMO.

Ashley, Lambias and the scout who's name I have forgotten are the key men here.

cottage cheese

Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on June 29, 2012, 02:15:29 PM

and you think pardew just sits around?????

come on, pardew himself said he went round europe seeing players and how different systems work etc...hence why newcastle has shot up the league. Ashley just provides the cash. Carr is the great scout they have who scouted the french league. But pardew brings everything together. Hence why hats off to a man who was written off by every fan when he first came

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: cottage cheese on June 29, 2012, 02:26:49 PM

come on, pardew himself said he went round europe seeing players and how different systems work etc...hence why newcastle has shot up the league. Ashley just provides the cash. Carr is the great scout they have who scouted the french league. But pardew brings everything together. Hence why hats off to a man who was written off by every fan when he first came

I think several things:

1) Pardew is an ok manager who knows how to set up a team. He is also happy to bring together a group of players bought under the instruction of others.
2) Ashley has pumped a lot of money into the club, absolved the debt and is taking the club forward. He got a fair few things wrong, but since their relegation a few years ago, he has got everything right.
3) Newcastle are a club in a one club town and have a huge fan base and lots of potential. They will be a force for years to come, but I doubt that Pardew will be the man who leads them to glory.

I like Alan Pardew, but I dont think he is a great manager. The infrastructure at Newcastle that he inherited had been revamped and is first class. This is the secret behind the success - a sort of Lyon light approach

cottage cheese

Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on June 29, 2012, 02:37:45 PM

I think several things:

1) Pardew is an ok manager who knows how to set up a team. He is also happy to bring together a group of players bought under the instruction of others.
2) Ashley has pumped a lot of money into the club, absolved the debt and is taking the club forward. He got a fair few things wrong, but since their relegation a few years ago, he has got everything right.
3) Newcastle are a club in a one club town and have a huge fan base and lots of potential. They will be a force for years to come, but I doubt that Pardew will be the man who leads them to glory.

I like Alan Pardew, but I dont think he is a great manager. The infrastructure at Newcastle that he inherited had been revamped and is first class. This is the secret behind the success - a sort of Lyon light approach

im sorry but that is a pretty washed argument.

Firstly the mistake ashley made was not allow keegan to pick his own players and have a say in transfers..wise was brought in. This is what caused the massive uproar in Newcastle. Do you think it is the same today?? I know for a fact Pardew picks the players he wants..granted the scouts actually give a shorlist but at the end of the day (cliche) pardew himself does say which players he would like. I think cabaye was the only one Carr recomended to pardew.

Hes more than an "ok"manager. He is toured europe been to various training grounds etc. I consider pulis, warnock,bruce to be ok managers....

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: cottage cheese on June 29, 2012, 03:22:32 PM

I think several things:

Firstly the mistake ashley made was not allow keegan to pick his own players and have a say in transfers..wise was brought in. This is what caused the massive uproar in Newcastle. Do you think it is the same today?? I know for a fact Pardew picks the players he wants..granted the scouts actually give a shorlist but at the end of the day (cliche) pardew himself does say which players he would like. I think cabaye was the only one Carr recomended to pardew.

Hes more than an "ok"manager. He is toured europe been to various training grounds etc. I consider pulis, warnock,bruce to be ok managers....

I fail to believe that Pardew did a tour of European clubs and had a eureka moment before arriving back in the UK the footballing messiah.

I am not saying that the board controls the game, but I am convinced they are the ones who sort all the players. There is no problem with this (happens at lots of European clubs).

Before he went to Newcastle, Pardew was an incredibly average manager. Perhaps his fortunes have changed and he has learnt a bit more, but I believe it is the set up there that has been the crucial factor.

MJG

Pardew has explained that he did learn a lot from going around europe and did change his ways in dealing with players when he got back into the job.
The scouting side may well be Newcastle and less Pardew, but whatever you think of him he got results last season.
As ever the second season will be the real test. If he carries the form on then I would say he has progressed as a manager.

cottage cheese

Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on June 29, 2012, 03:35:13 PM
Quote from: cottage cheese on June 29, 2012, 03:22:32 PM

I think several things:

I fail to believe that Pardew did a tour of European clubs and had a eureka moment before arriving back in the UK the footballing messiah.

I am not saying that the board controls the game, but I am convinced they are the ones who sort all the players. There is no problem with this (happens at lots of European clubs).

Before he went to Newcastle, Pardew was an incredibly average manager. Perhaps his fortunes have changed and he has learnt a bit more, but I believe it is the set up there that has been the crucial factor.

he did tour europe and im sure if you dig deep enough into google you will find papers and interviews with him explaining what he had done!

AlFayedsChequebook

@cottagecheese

That was worded poorly - I know he did a tour of europe, but I fail to believe that simply by doing this he became a great manager.

cottage cheese

Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on June 29, 2012, 04:21:39 PM
@cottagecheese

That was worded poorly - I know he did a tour of europe, but I fail to believe that simply by doing this he became a great manager.

I never said he was a great manager. I only said in jest i take my hat off to you.  I believe he is more than an "ok" manager to which you suggested.

And I do think touring europe would help anyone. The way football is run and taught in this country is poor and by having an insight to how other nations run can only serve as positive aspect and improve your understanding of the game.