more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Orlando Sa’s contract with the Club has been terminated

Started by White Noise, June 30, 2012, 11:58:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MJG

Quote from: Berserker on July 01, 2012, 12:11:17 AM
Bit surprised about Sa, wonder what the story is there?
Maybe after seeing him for a year Jol decided not to waste his or Sa's time.
He was a last second signing who lets be honest was not up to the job. yes he showed in maybe 2 games some ability but everytime he played I always saw him having problems with his calfs,cramp and general fitness and also he was not exactly pacy was he.

MJG

As for Kelly and Riise maybe we dont want to release them and so still carry their registrations. Once they come back if they dont stay then they are offically released.

leonffc

Why the shock? He was rubbish, and that was when he was fit! He was hardly  ever an option for us so I can't see that we have lost out.

SG

Quote from: leonffc on July 01, 2012, 08:50:48 AM
Why the shock? He was rubbish, and that was when he was fit! He was hardly  ever an option for us so I can't see that we have lost out.

Spot on. I would like to think that we can improve substantially on Sa - we shall see

Tonywa

If we can't do better than Sa and the Pog, then I shall be seriously worried about our prospects for the new season.

Oiseau

Well, I'm going to miss the Orlando Sa song...

I always assumed that Sa would be retained. He certainly failed to impress in his first season but it seemed as if he had some potential at least. Jol must have had his reasons, though. I wonder what Sa's reasons were? Don't players just hand in a transfer request in this sort of situation or did they think that we won't get any money for him? Perhaps he didn't enjoy living in England? It can happen to quite a few players.

I always feel quite sad reading about the younger squad members who are released. It demonstrates how few young players don't manage to 'make it' into the big leagues. Did Cosgrove go out on loan or something a while ago?

kiwiwaka

Guess we'll find out more within the next couple of weeks in terms of who else we release etc.

Admin

Quote from: kiwiwaka on July 01, 2012, 12:04:17 AM
Was just about to ask that. Somogyi, Riise, Dalla Valle, Kacaniklic, Grygera, Hoesen and Kelly were all due weren't they?

I'm sure Kacaniklic signed a new 2 year deal quite recently. It was very hush, hush and no one really battered an eye lid which was suprising.

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Porto ( or some club)  own  25% of him  ( Sa ) ????????????? .......... there is a story behind this  release.
Clever wording of the statement,  listing the kids, the statement about Sa
and then the thank you

elgreenio

Sa is useless anyway, should be looking at Trotta ahead of him.

As for Riise, he's been one of the better reserve players, as has Alex Smith since he's moved to CM. Glad he's been given a shot to consolidate that position.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9300 using Tapatalk
touch my camera through the fence

Meerkat

Quote from: Oiseau on July 01, 2012, 10:31:07 AM
Well, I'm going to miss the Orlando Sa song...

I always assumed that Sa would be retained. He certainly failed to impress in his first season but it seemed as if he had some potential at least. Jol must have had his reasons, though. I wonder what Sa's reasons were? Don't players just hand in a transfer request in this sort of situation or did they think that we won't get any money for him? Perhaps he didn't enjoy living in England? It can happen to quite a few players.

I always feel quite sad reading about the younger squad members who are released. It demonstrates how few young players don't manage to 'make it' into the big leagues. Did Cosgrove go out on loan or something a while ago?

I have to agree it is sad that the younger members of the squad are released it must be devastating for them.  Also it is alarming at the number of English boys that are not in Academies doesn't hold out a lot of hope for the England team in the future.  You have to wonder if the kids stand any chance at all.

Supermitch

At the Motspur Park tour a couple of weeks ago Kit said it was the hardest part of his job, telling a player they were not being kept on.  That said they do help them find other clubs through all their connections, ones who's standards are not as high as Fulham's are now, ie lower league clubs.

Mr Fulham

Quote from: Admin on July 01, 2012, 11:14:42 AM
Was just about to ask that. Somogyi, Riise, Dalla Valle, Kacaniklic, Grygera, Hoesen and Kelly were all due weren't they?

I'm sure Kacaniklic signed a new 2 year deal quite recently. It was very hush, hush and no one really battered an eye lid which was suprising.

Jol said Kacaniklic has got a contract until 2013 and I don't think he's signed a new deal yet.

I'm very sure Kelly will sign a new deal once he's back (extended holidays after the EUROs) and Grygera will sign if he proves his fitness. Riise jun. maybe a one-year deal to help the youngsters in the Development squad. Glad that Alex Smith has been retained.

Berserker

Quote from: Mr Fulham on July 01, 2012, 12:30:08 PM

Jol said Kacaniklic has got a contract until 2013 and I don't think he's signed a new deal yet.

I'm very sure Kelly will sign a new deal once he's back (extended holidays after the EUROs) and Grygera will sign if he proves his fitness. Riise jun. maybe a one-year deal to help the youngsters in the Development squad. Glad that Alex Smith has been retained.

All seems pretty sensible actually
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

alfie

Quote from: HatterDon on July 01, 2012, 03:35:40 AM
nor me, although he might have seen enough of Jol burying his young players, and thought he'd get a real chance elsewhere.

I also thought he could contribute this season. I think he'll do well elsewhere.

not intended for an argument HD but none of us know what has happned ,so why are u assuming that the problem is with Jol.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Terry Angus

Quote from: alfie on July 01, 2012, 04:57:44 PM
Quote from: HatterDon on July 01, 2012, 03:35:40 AM
nor me, although he might have seen enough of Jol burying his young players, and thought he'd get a real chance elsewhere.

I also thought he could contribute this season. I think he'll do well elsewhere.

not intended for an argument HD but none of us know what has happned ,so why are u assuming that the problem is with Jol.

surely jol is quicker to give youngsters time in the first team than most of his predecessors--certainly quicker to do so than hodgson--no?

let's be honest, sa was nothing special, and at 24, he wasn't likely to get an awful lot better

JBH

Apparently Sa's found it difficult to settle in England and feels it is best for him to return to Portugal and if that is the case it makes perfect sense to terminate his contract and I wish him well where ever he ends up  065.gif

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: JBH on July 02, 2012, 06:15:13 AM
Apparently Sa's found it difficult to settle in England and feels it is best for him to return to Portugal and if that is the case it makes perfect sense to terminate his contract and I wish him well where ever he ends up  065.gif

The report did say mutual termination, so perhaps Sa was as keen as the club to end his contract.

I would imagine he would go back to portugal and play for a smaller side there.

Swedish Terrier

Quote from: Mr Fulham on July 01, 2012, 12:30:08 PM

I'm also very pleased regarding Alex Smith. He seemed to really hit top form towards the end of last season, and it would have been unfair to let him go just because he's a couple of years older than the other lads. He's still only 20 and to score so frequently from left midfield position (sometimes left back) is impressive, even though it's only in the reserve league.
Proud member of FFC Sweden.

Cottage count-4         Away count-2

Mr Fulham

Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on July 02, 2012, 09:01:07 AM

The report did say mutual termination, so perhaps Sa was as keen as the club to end his contract.

'mutual' just the usual phrase for these kind of agreements, usually players asks if his contract could be terminated (mostly for personal reasons) and club agrees to do that.