watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

FiFa World Cup records...

Started by General, July 05, 2012, 09:37:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

General

England's pretty much only record is this...

Most tournaments eliminated without having lost a match[16]

3,  England (1982, 1990,[17] 2006)

I wonder what it'd be if we included the Euro's too? Would definitely add 2012 to that list.

cmg

Quote from: General on July 05, 2012, 09:37:23 AM

...apart, that is, from being one of only 8 sides in the whole world to have actually won the thing.

King_Crud

Australia is the only team to have not qualified even thought they were never defeated (1998 WC qualifying)

cottage cheese

Quote from: cmg on July 05, 2012, 09:55:47 AM
Quote from: General on July 05, 2012, 09:37:23 AM

...apart, that is, from being one of only 8 sides in the whole world to have actually won the thing.

and the fact we are the only country who kep bragging on about it like it was yesterday

cmg

Quote from: cottage cheese on July 05, 2012, 10:10:42 AM
Quote from: cmg on July 05, 2012, 09:55:47 AM

and the fact we are the only country who kep bragging on about it like it was yesterday

Well OK. Maybe you know some particularly shy, retiring and reticent Argentinians and Uruguayans. I don't know anyone from either of those two counties, but all the Brazilians, Italians, Germans, French and Spaniards of my acquaintance are quite happy to brag away about their WC exploits.
Sure it happened (for the English) a long while ago (although that day is still remarklably fresh in my otherwise severely jaded memory) but that doesn't mean it didn't happen. Of course, citizens of the other 201 FIFA countries don't do a lot of bragging about WC wins, but my bet is that they'd like to be able to.