more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Tuesday Fulham Stuff (03/07/12)...

Started by WhiteJC, July 03, 2012, 04:35:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Fulham target Buttner prefers Saints

Alexander Buttner, a target for Fulham and Queens Park Rangers, has stated that he would prefer a move to Southampton after the south coast club declared their interest in him.

It was thought that Fulham, who are known to be interested in the Vitesse Arnhem left back, would lead the pack but upon visiting Saints' training setup, Buttner believes his future is red.

"I want to go to Southampton," he told De Telegraaf. "I have to wait for both clubs to reach an agreement, but I count on the co-operation of Vitesse."

After turning down a bid of around £1.6 million from Fulham, Vitesse are the only obstacle for Buttner, who suggests his preference for Southampton stems from their ambition.

"It would be a massive blow if this won't go through," said Buttner, who is under contract with Vitesse for one more year.

"I have been to Southampton and everything - including the living conditions - are perfect. The club, the stadium, everything, surprised me. Fantastic.

"And Southampton have big ambitions. With the new investor they want the same as Manchester City."

I'm not quite sure Buttner is Man City standard but he can only dream.

http://www.cottagersconfidential.com/2012/7/2/3132300/fulham-target-buttner-saints-southampton-qpr?

WhiteJC

Report: Clint Dempsey Could Command Record Transfer Fee for American Soccer Player

Move over, Jozy Altidore. Clint Dempsey is on the loose. Well, Dempsey isn't actually on the loose since he's still under contract with Fulham FC. But if an interested team wants to buy him, Fulham will expect to receive at least £10 million ($15.7 million) for its star player, gulfnews.com reports.

"Fulham want to keep their player of the season but, with just one year left on his contract, recognise that doing so might not make financial sense," the report says. "Dempsey has also been linked with Arsenal and [AS] Roma. Liverpool would be looking for a considerably lower price than £10 million."

The fee is the latest revelation in the ongoing Dempsey transfer saga. Fulham offered the 29-year-old marksman a new contract in March, but he has refused to sign it. He has an ambition to play in the UEFA Champions League, and he could leave Fulham in the near future to do so. In 2011-12, Dempsey set a new standard for Americans abroad by scoring 23 goals in all competitions. It won him plenty of respect at home and caught the attention of a number of top clubs in England and beyond.

If a buying club meets Fulham's asking price, Demspey would set a record for highest transfer fee for an American player. Altidore moved from the New York Red Bulls to Spanish club Villareal for an estimated £6.4 million ($10 million) in 2008. It's almost certain that Dempsey's price -- whether he moves before the start of the season or in January -- will surpass the Altidore number.

In the real world, they say "money talks." That is also the case in soccer. If Dempsey breaks a record for highest transfer fee, that should tell fans something about where he stands among the all-time greats of American soccer.

Read more at: http://www.nesn.com/2012/07/report-clint-dempsey-could-command-record-transfer-fee-for-american-soccer-player.html?

WhiteJC

Jol targets Spurs midfielder Huddlestone as Fulham boss plans squad overhaul

Martin Jol is keen on a reunion with Tottenham's Tom Huddlestone as he steps up his search for a replacement for Danny Murphy at Fulham.

Midfielder, Huddlestone, 25, who has a year left on his contract, played just four times last season because of injury.

Wanted: Tom Huddlestone (left) could be set to leave Tottenham for Fulham

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2167891/Fulham-want-Tom-Huddlestone-Tottenham.html#ixzz1zWkbkdNQ