watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR Eric Sykes is dead after short illness

Started by Lighthouse, July 04, 2012, 10:48:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CorkedHat

My wife and I met Ronnie Corbett at Nadi Airport in Fiji in the arrival lounge.
Ronnie was the epitome of good manners. When she asked him if he had a good flight he replied, "Well, I'm just relieved that we landed somewhere near the airport." He wished us a happy stay in Fiji, posed for photographs with other passengers and shook hands with lots of people who he had not obviously met before.
Being a comedian is a serious matter and as we know there have been many who have led abject lives, not the least of them, Tony Hancock, who took his own life.
But as with anyone who puts their work out there for public scrutiny you must expect that some people are going to warm to you whilst others are going to dislike you. Their passing should not influence your original opinion one iota. They are not suddenly more talented in death than they were in life and sad as you might be that they have died, that should be the sum of it.
What we do for others will live on. What we do for ourselves will die with us

Berserker

Quote from: CorkedHat on July 06, 2012, 03:04:58 AM
My wife and I met Ronnie Corbett at Nadi Airport in Fiji in the arrival lounge.
Ronnie was the epitome of good manners. When she asked him if he had a good flight he replied, "Well, I'm just relieved that we landed somewhere near the airport." He wished us a happy stay in Fiji, posed for photographs with other passengers and shook hands with lots of people who he had not obviously met before.
Being a comedian is a serious matter and as we know there have been many who have led abject lives, not the least of them, Tony Hancock, who took his own life.
But as with anyone who puts their work out there for public scrutiny you must expect that some people are going to warm to you whilst others are going to dislike you. Their passing should not influence your original opinion one iota. They are not suddenly more talented in death than they were in life and sad as you might be that they have died, that should be the sum of it.

Yep summed it up  - totally agree. BTW Bob Mortimer and myself nearly knocked each other over as we dashed across a crossing in Edinburgh, he was very friendly and we had a laugh about it.  I actually never realised who I was giggling with until I had walked away he was so unassuming
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.