more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Which player has won the most medals?

Started by General, July 04, 2012, 10:46:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

General

ever/in europe and then the world?

I've noticed quite a few players who've been around for ages who've won seemingly everything.

Casillas- a world cup, two european cups, champions leagues, spanish leagues.... that's all alright, but then you compare it to someone like Zlatan Ibrahimovic - he's won titles in Holland, Spain, Italy - the Champions League - I think someone mentioned that last season was the first season in his last 12 where he hadn't won a title.

I suppose what i'm looking for is not only the most decorated player but also the player who's won the widest array of medals - is there a player for example that's won the champions league, Uefa cup, europa league, world cup, world super cup, and all the major leagues on top of the European Championships...?!

I noticed Deco has won the portuguese league, the champions league, the Premiership, La Liga, Uefa cup and the title with Fluminese - is he really that good that success follows him wherever he goes?

Anyone got any honourable mentions?

Swedish Terrier

Quote from: General on July 04, 2012, 10:46:28 PM

ever/in europe and then the world?

I've noticed quite a few players who've been around for ages who've won seemingly everything.

Casillas- a world cup, two european cups, champions leagues, spanish leagues.... that's all alright, but then you compare it to someone like Zlatan Ibrahimovic - he's won titles in Holland, Spain, Italy - the Champions League - I think someone mentioned that last season was the first season in his last 12 where he hadn't won a title.

I suppose what i'm looking for is not only the most decorated player but also the player who's won the widest array of medals - is there a player for example that's won the champions league, Uefa cup, europa league, world cup, world super cup, and all the major leagues on top of the European Championships...?!

I noticed Deco has won the portuguese league, the champions league, the Premiership, La Liga, Uefa cup and the title with Fluminese - is he really that good that success follows him wherever he goes?

Anyone got any honourable mentions?

Ibrahimovic hasn't won the Champions League if I'm not mistaken. I do believe that this was the first season in which he didn't win the league, like you said.
Proud member of FFC Sweden.

Cottage count-4         Away count-2

leonffc

Roberto Donadoni? Can't be bothered to google it, it just popped in my head.
Or Zidane?

Fusili

General

Seedorf

ClubAjax
Eredivisie (2): 1993–94, 1994–95
KNVB Cup (1): 1993
Johan Cruijff-schaal (2): 1993, 1994
UEFA Champions League (1): 1995

Real Madrid
La Liga (1): 1996–97
Supercopa de España (1): 1997
UEFA Champions League (1): 1998
Intercontinental Cup (1): 1998

Milan
Serie A (2): 2003–04, 2010–11
Coppa Italia (1): 2002–03
Supercoppa Italiana (2): 2004, 2011
UEFA Champions League (2): 2003, 2007
UEFA Super Cup (2): 2003, 2007
FIFA Club World Cup (1): 2007

but he didn't win any international competitions... also does it make you a better footballer if you can go into different leagues and play different styles and still win? For me Giggs will always be a great footballer but that's due to what I've seen and been fed by the british media. He's been in the premiership and so i've been closest to him, but I wouldn't say he's the best. I feel it's more of an accomplishment to win leagues of more than one country etc.

roberto Donadoni - he won a lot but only in Italy and again never won any international honours.

tommyffc

Sergio Busquets.
23 years old.

FIFA World Cup: 2010
UEFA European Championship: 2012

UEFA Champions League: 2008–09, 2010–11 (2)
La Liga: 2008–09, 2009–10, 2010–11 (3)
Copa del Rey: 2008–09, 2011–12 (2)

Supercopa de España: 2009, 2010, 2011 (3)
UEFA Super Cup: 2009, 2011 (2)
FIFA Club World Cup: 2009, 2011 (2)

Obviously not the most, but bad for his age, eh...

God The Mechanic

Seedorf is an absolute class player.  Went to the Soccer Aid match at Old Trafford and was disappointed that everyone got excited when one of the JLS guys got the ball only to fall over straight away or just run off the pitch (my favourite FIFA trick!) yet sat quietly when Seedorf was on the ball nonchalantly taking everyone on.

So glad I saw him play though.