watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR Laptop help

Started by Peabody, July 09, 2012, 04:54:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peabody

Some months ago, I asked for advice concerning the display on my laptop. Some of you kindly answered and for a while, it worked. However, the problem has now returned but worse. The problem is, my screen changes colour to a brighy garish red and I am having trouble seeing images. I have cleaned it and raised it so that it does not overheat. Any ideas anyone? Oh yes it is now permenant.

Berserker

Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

The Equalizer

If it's gone red, it sounds like the video ribbon has become loose, or the screen itself is knackered. Your best bet, if you don't know anyone who can do it, would be to take it to a local computer repair shop. They'll probably charge about £30 to have a look at it, but if the screen is gone then you'll have to pay for a replacement.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

horse1031

when you move the lid up and down does it change colors back to normal?  if so, then there is probably a loose wire or the cables are getting a little touchy.  how did you fix it before?  you could try installing new video drivers but it sounds like to me it is a hardware issue...  ie, the monitor or cables themselves are the problem and not driver related.

cottage cheese

a rather large woman walks into pc world and buys a laptop......adele 064.gif :doh:

Peabody

Quote from: horse1031 on July 09, 2012, 09:13:51 PM
when you move the lid up and down does it change colors back to normal?  if so, then there is probably a loose wire or the cables are getting a little touchy.  how did you fix it before?  you could try installing new video drivers but it sounds like to me it is a hardware issue...  ie, the monitor or cables themselves are the problem and not driver related.

Yes, when I lifted the lid up and down it did clear it but now, it is not clearing it. Previously, I cleaned all the dust out and used blocks to give airflow underneath. Thank you to those that gave a serious answer and not a cheesy one.

VicHalomsLovechild

Keeping things simple, the opening and closing of the lid over time will wear the cable. I was given my laptop cos the screen was cracked. I brought another damaged one from Ebay and swapped the screen and a couple of missing screws etc. The picture was still a bit dodgy and I brought a new screen cable. It was a real fag taking the thing apart and putting it all back together but for £50 total I was happy. So if you're willing to take it apart and are tight (like me  :dft009:) that's the way to go or as mentioned before take it to the local repair man.