watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

How long before...

Started by leonffc, July 12, 2012, 07:52:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

leonffc

... someone starts a thread of how they think our team will line up next season with our new players (as if we are going to start the same 11 every game)?
:doh:

HatterDon

Quote from: leonffc on July 12, 2012, 07:52:15 PM
... someone starts a thread of how they think our team will line up next season with our new players (as if we are going to start the same 11 every game)?

I think we've already had 2 or 3 this summer -- just based on speculation. Nothing wrong with picking a BestXI
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Bassey the warrior

I thought the point was how our team would line up at the start of the season. Form and injuries aren't factored in to it.

SouthfieldWhite

Trouble is we have fans who play computer games like football manager and if a player is good on football manager they think he's good in real life   096.gig

EJL

Quote from: SouthfieldWhite on July 12, 2012, 08:11:47 PM
Trouble is we have fans who play computer games like football manager and if a player is good on football manager they think he's good in real life   096.gig
They say it in a jokey way.

PokerMatt

Quote from: The Moose on July 12, 2012, 08:08:50 PM
I thought the point was how our team would line up at the start of the season. Form and injuries aren't factored in to it.

I'm wondering who, when posting in such a thread, is putting the team they think play every single game!?

Clearly it's for the strongest team, free from injuries, suspensions, etc etc, as you say Moose.

Personally I like looking at the threads, reminds me how strong the team is looking.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

valdeingruo

Well if no one had it in mind, it will sure be on their minds now.

Ill give it 3 days.
Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi

leonffc

Quote from: PokerMatt on July 12, 2012, 08:31:51 PM
Quote from: The Moose on July 12, 2012, 08:08:50 PM

I'm wondering who, when posting in such a thread, is putting the team they think play every single game!?

Clearly it's for the strongest team, free from injuries, suspensions, etc etc, as you say Moose.

Personally I like looking at the threads, reminds me how strong the team is looking.

Fair enough but 40% of people posting a team before a game forget stuff and include a player that is injured, suspended or Phillipe Senderos. Most are pointless IMO.

Burt

What the heck, I'll go with two days.

Terry Angus

-------------------------Schwarzer-------------------------

---------Riether-----Hughes-----Hangeland-----Riise---------

-----------[Diarra/Murhpy's---------Dembele-----------------
                 replacement]

---[Duff/--------------------Ruiz--------------[A. Winger/---
 Dempsey]                                                    Frei]

---------------------------Rodallega------------------------

leonffc

Terry Angus

Quote from: leonffc on July 12, 2012, 10:58:16 PM
No Petric?

not in my first xi right now, but if he works hard in training and/or impresses as a sub, i will start him

Burt

Quote from: Burt on July 12, 2012, 09:24:03 PM
What the heck, I'll go with two days.

Darn... Wrong again!

Terry Angus

Quote from: SouthfieldWhite on July 12, 2012, 08:11:47 PM

to be fair, the correlation between how good a player is on football manager and how good they are in real life is immense. i'd wager that the people on here who play it will have been made aware of an awful lot of players long before people who don't, eg:

tevez was brilliant on champ when he was 17 and playing in argentina,
the same goes for aguero and neymar,
ronaldinho was ace when he was still at PSG, and
c ronaldo was ace when he was 17 and playing at sporting lisbon.

i could have told you about all of those players long, long, looooooooooong before corinthians, man city, barcelona, man utd signed them. i also remember someone who didn't play champ laughing at me when i was telling them how good joe cole had become for me on the game. he was 14 at the time, in real life and they hadn't heard of him. on my game he was about 23 and ace

Lighthouse

Where would Rodallega play? Wide or up front? We have a few players who can be called upon in several positions. Makes making a team selection in July very awkward.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

leonffc

Interchanging across the front three ideally but it depends on the formation I guess, and if Carroll signs.