more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Jordan Rhodes possibly?

Started by Abbotsbury White, July 15, 2012, 05:23:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fulhamben

Quote from: Jack Fulham on July 15, 2012, 08:36:53 PM
The goal to game ratio of Trotta is a reasonable argument to use against Rhodes coming to Fulham but I think we'd benefit if we signed Rhodes even though we have Trotta. We need strikers and I think Petric, Rodallega, Rhodes and Trotta would give us good depth in that area.
depends on price though. its reported they want over 7 mil which is a huge gamble
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

valdeingruo

Quote from: fulhamben on July 15, 2012, 09:17:36 PM
The goal to game ratio of Trotta is a reasonable argument to use against Rhodes coming to Fulham but I think we'd benefit if we signed Rhodes even though we have Trotta. We need strikers and I think Petric, Rodallega, Rhodes and Trotta would give us good depth in that area.
depends on price though. its reported they want over 7 mil which is a huge gamble

Better than chucking 35 at a player and not giving him the service he needs.
Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi

fulhamben

Quote from: andersons11 on July 15, 2012, 09:37:25 PM

hows that better? liverpool will take a hit and buy better players. what will we do if we get rhodes for 8 and he flops
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

MJG

Quote from: fulhamben on July 15, 2012, 10:35:16 PM

hows that better? liverpool will take a hit and buy better players. what will we do if we get rhodes for 8 and he flops
sell him to another team for 4 within two years.

tommyffc

Quote from: MJG on July 15, 2012, 10:44:47 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on July 15, 2012, 10:35:16 PM

sell him to another team for 4 within two years.

Exactly. Worst case scenario is we have to sell him at a loss in a couple of seasons time. We've made worse financial decisions (AJ/Marlet)

MasterHaynes

Quote from: Berserker on July 15, 2012, 06:30:14 PM
I think Jordon Rhodes is worth a try, depending on cost and wages
Well they have purportedly rejected £5m from us and £6m bids from Spam at that price we could buy a number of proven strikers and is certainly more than we should pay for any player to sit on the bench. He will not keep Either Petric, Rodellaga, Ruiz or Frei out of the side and is certainly not the player we are looking for to hold the ball and bring others into the game.

I would also question the wider message it sends to the young players we have attracted and want to attract. Bringing in Petric at 31 is one thing and can be seen as a temporary stop gap until younger players can develop. An unproven 22 year old who will not play immediately bought for silly money sends the message that Fulham may not be the best place to advance their careers with early opportunity for advancement.

Signings like this could potentially threaten our strategy of signing the best young talent in front of the big teams because we offer better opportunities for advancement into the first team.

HatterDon

I think you overestimate both the talent and the durability of Rodallega. I see him starting about 25 matches this season. I don't think that Rhodes would disappear into our squad like Lee Cook or Rafik Halliche. I think he'd contribute soon and often.

I also don't see Ruiz or Special K as potential target men, either. They'll need to play behind Rodallega, Petric and whoever.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Mr Fulham

Quote from: MasterHaynes on July 16, 2012, 08:41:36 AM
I would also question the wider message it sends to the young players we have attracted and want to attract. Bringing in Petric at 31 is one thing and can be seen as a temporary stop gap until younger players can develop. An unproven 22 year old who will not play immediately bought for silly money sends the message that Fulham may not be the best place to advance their careers with early opportunity for advancement.

Your reasoning is so odd. I'd like to think it sends the opposite message. That we are prepared to give younger players a chance.

Edwatch_Winston_Malone

BIG risk for BIG fee

Smaller risk for reasonable fee

IMO - We can't afford the risk of screwing up another big fee signing...

Mr Fulham

Quote from: Edward_Winston_Malone on July 16, 2012, 07:41:07 PM
BIG risk for BIG fee

Smaller risk for reasonable fee

IMO - We can't afford the risk of screwing up another big fee signing...

6m is by no means a big fee.

Edwatch_Winston_Malone

£6m is a reasonably large fee for an unproven striker.  That is, if he only costs £6m...

Mr Fulham

Quote from: Edward_Winston_Malone on July 16, 2012, 07:45:19 PM
£6m is a reasonably large fee for an unproven striker.  That is, if he only costs £6m...
the guy is 22 and has amassed 81 career goals ... hardly unproven.

SKSW6

I'm interested to see what the general consensus is on when a player becomes "proven". Which league do they have to play in? Are there any leagues abroad which players can play in in order to become "proven" or does it have to be the prem? How many goals do they have to score? Is someone like AJ "proven" because he's played in the premiership?

MJG

Quote from: SKSW6 on July 16, 2012, 08:12:23 PM
I'm interested to see what the general consensus is on when a player becomes "proven". Which league do they have to play in? Are there any leagues abroad which players can play in in order to become "proven" or does it have to be the prem? How many goals do they have to score? Is someone like AJ "proven" because he's played in the premiership?
maybe people should put 'Unproven at (insert level..prem etc)'

Edwatch_Winston_Malone

Quote from: Mr Fulham on July 16, 2012, 08:02:20 PM

Before he joined Fulham, Steve Marlet had amassed 80 career goals at Red Star, Auxerre and Lyon...

MJG

And if he moves to the prem with someone else and becomes proven, how much would he cost then?

Edwatch_Winston_Malone

Quote from: SKSW6 on July 16, 2012, 08:12:23 PM

AJ has proven to be a waste of money at every Premiership club that bought him...

AlFayedsChequebook

Unproven in the Prem

MJG

Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on July 16, 2012, 08:16:24 PM

Unproven in the Prem
:54:

Edwatch_Winston_Malone

Quote from: MJG on July 16, 2012, 08:15:39 PM
£6m is a reasonably large fee for an unproven striker.  That is, if he only costs £6m...
And if he moves to the prem with someone else and becomes proven, how much would he cost then?

That, my friend is the "risk"

Is he more Saha than Marlet?