NogoodBoyo

THEY REALLY DON'T LIKE US DO THEY.
Nogood "size is everything to them, itis" Boyo

Berserker

Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

jarv

Utter rubbish. I am heavily involved in soccer in Massachusetts and EVERYONE knows about Fulham. Just mention the name and the response is always.....Clint Demspsey. starsnstripes

nevzter

"To get back my youth I would do anything in the world, except take exercise, get up early, or be respectable."

jarv

Do they have a site to post? Contact us button? (I can't be bothered to look). If so I think I will start sending responses rubbishing their comments.

Adam87

I actually like alot of articles from this site in the past as they are promote the preimer league from america. But they really are taking the piss with dempsey. I hope demps moves to italy.....there you go americans, follow italian football and let us know what you think............

btings

"Most importantly, it would open the eyes of American fans who assume all their best players are in the MLS."

This ... is not something many Americans think.

HatterDon

Where is Lisbeth Salander now when we really need her? I'd love her to turn that site into a toaster oven or something else useful.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

God The Mechanic

A couple of the ESPN guys seem to be promoting the transfer on tehir Twitter accounts too - it kinda gets boring after a while really.  And then saying stuff like van Persie will never have it better than he has at Arsenal, so shoudln't leave.  Why wouldn't that also apply to Clint? ;P

Burt

Rupert

The "comments" section makes for an interesting read. There is a US Fulham fan fighting the good fight, the problem is, he is clearly a Fulham fan who wants to see Clint stay, the writer is a "sports fan" (read "armchair fan") who wants Clint at a BIG club and who is impressed by a club's history. He seems to think Liverpool are on the cusp of a return to the big time with Chelsea and Arsenal fading away to ease their passage.
His reasoning seems to be all about numbers, x million watch Liverpool v Man Utd, while only y million watch Fulham, so a move to Liverpool would be a good thing. Any worry about whether Clint would fit into their system (Andy Carrol, anyone?) seems to have escaped him.

We, as Fulham fans, are obviously going to be biased against him, clearly Fulham is the greatest football team in the world and it is a constant mystery to all of us why so many people fail to see that, so I will limit my criticim of these "reports" to just this- he is constantly posting the same drivel in article after article, almost as if he thinks that by repeating himself often enough he will make his "dream transfer" happen.
The fact is, if Liverpool fail to match our price (which appears to be the big stumbling block), this is not going to happen, however much the bleached out one wishes.
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

SoCalJoe

Wow, is that poorly written. The fool appears to rely on spell/grammar check and doesn't know the art of proof reading.
You can observe a lot by just watching.

Walsh

Can't wait for us to get Dempsey out the door.

mccscratch

Quote from: Walsh on July 25, 2012, 04:13:12 PM
Can't wait for us to get Dempsey out the door.

How about you take another approach... how about...."can't wait for us to win our first 5 matches on the trot and sign Clint up for another 3 years as we sit top of the table..."

Nobody here has a quote from Clint's mouth about moving to Liverpool... I think if Arsenal came calling then it might change things but unless Pool shell out 10+ and offer Clint a guarantee of 1st team football on a regular basis... he ain't going there..
Just score 3+ goals a game and we will gain promotion...I promise

epsomraver

This is mwhere the problem lies

quote Joe Allen, 22, can leave Swansea for £15m thanks to a clause in his contract but only to a 'top five' club, which includes Liverpool. top five :014: :014: :014: in the words of Finn "are they f**k"

EtuhuForNigeria

from goal.com:

"Hours after the Craven Cottage side adamant denied having any talks over the future of star forward Clint Dempsey, Liverpool FC released an interview on its site confirming the contrary."

So biased towards Liverpool. They give both sides of the story equal weight in evidence, only to claim that the Liverpool version is true by saying "confirming the contrary".

HatterDon

Quote from: EtuhuForNigeria on July 25, 2012, 08:31:43 PM
from goal.com:

"Hours after the Craven Cottage side adamant denied having any talks over the future of star forward Clint Dempsey, Liverpool FC released an interview on its site confirming the contrary."

So biased towards Liverpool. They give both sides of the story equal weight in evidence, only to claim that the Liverpool version is true by saying "confirming the contrary".

Just had a look at the Liverpool official site, and the last article they had that MENTIONS Clint's name is back in Jan 2011 when they were mooting sending The Alien back to Fulham in exchange for Deuce. Nothing else on there at the mo, so I don't know what goal.com is on about.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

mccscratch

Quote from: HatterDon on July 25, 2012, 09:29:02 PM
Quote from: EtuhuForNigeria on July 25, 2012, 08:31:43 PM
from goal.com:

Just had a look at the Liverpool official site, and the last article they had that MENTIONS Clint's name is back in Jan 2011 when they were mooting sending The Alien back to Fulham in exchange for Deuce. Nothing else on there at the mo, so I don't know what goal.com is on about.

HD... Liverpool site posted an interview with Rogers and he talked about making an inquiry and that he respected Clint but that was all he wished to say at that time.
Just score 3+ goals a game and we will gain promotion...I promise

BestOfBrede

There's a few scouse sup's at my work (p'boro) don't ask me why they consider themselves fans, who have said they don't want Clint as he isn't good enough for their 'Massive' club and his age! To me (and I pray I'm right) this is what those idiots believe and long may it continue for our sake!