watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Any day now, and it'll be BIG

Started by HatterDon, July 24, 2012, 02:25:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hammer Smith

It's just so utterly boring - and extremely sad....

tommy

If your not sure whether it's a wind up or not, then it usually is. Nothing about Fulham has been on SSN all day.

epsomraver

fat fred did one a while back and it was original and funny, to repeat the same again is not funny and sad.

BestOfBrede

Quote from: Terry Angus on July 24, 2012, 06:44:01 PM
i check this forum exclusively to pick up news about the club that i haven't seen elsewhere, and lately have started posting occassionally, when i'm bored or see something i disagree with. wind-ups of the kind this thread appears to be, appreciated only by some small clique that i ain't a part of, make me wonder why i bother.

disappointing
Spot on - one of the reasons I gave up originally. Why the 'clique' feel the need to wind up other Whites fans, especially with the concerns we have over losing our best players and rumours of replacements that are not so great, is beyond me. It's not funny and not clever! FatFred, as stated was one who felt it was funny to inform us of news, that sounded exciting, but turned out to be complete cr*p and apparently extremely funny! Oh well, let's now discuss sausages - that' s f' funny!

LRCN

it's really not cliquey when literally anyone can join in. it's rediculous humour like mornington crescent or something like that

BestOfBrede

Quote from: ~lork on July 24, 2012, 09:53:42 PM
it's really not cliquey when literally anyone can join in. it's rediculous humour like mornington crescent or something like that
Hmm, not cliquey when only the 'clique' get replies and 'others' are totally ignored as if they weren't entitled to interrupt with any view whatsoever? Also, is it humour, at this time of season, to wind up fellow supporters who are desperate for 'real', 'good' news? I don't think I would mind, so much, if it weren't for peeps making out they have some sort of inside info!

LBNo11

...I have no idea who is in this clique, and I am amazed that people think the lack of replies they get is because members of the so called clicque are somehow avoiding responding to other members because they are not in the clicque. Surely if that was the case then there are lots of other members who are not in this clicque who would respond to your posts - nobody is stopping them!

If I see a post that I don't find to my taste I just move on to something else to read...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

The Doctor

I'm going to advance the hypothesis that lack of football is driving everyone stark staring mad.  With the lack of useless strikers, incoherent team selection and incompetent officals to berate we're all turning on ourselves in some sort of low-rent reimagining of Lord of the Flies.

Roll on the season.  Then we can happily divide ourselves into pro- and anti-Jol camps and sling mud at each other across the intervening no-mans land.

Before all that though, can we have a public flogging of HatterDon?  Troublemaker. 

Herbie

The number of nonsense stories that come out during the summer is the whole point that this thread is poking fun at; so far the only real news we've had is Murphy, AJ and Gecov leaving, whilst Petric, Rodders and Reither have joined.

The rest is just lazy speculation by journos who dredge these boards for clues. For example, didn't we discuss rodgers' comments about Carroll being free to go out on loan, then low and behold, carroll's linked in a swap deal for Dempsey.

It's called the silly season for a reason. The only way to get real news is to get the update feed for the club website and wait for it to be announced.  Otherwise it's just journos trying to fill space when there is no actual football to talk about.

LBNo11

Quote from: The Doctor on July 24, 2012, 10:20:45 PM
I'm going to advance the hypothesis that lack of football is driving everyone stark staring mad.  With the lack of useless strikers, incoherent team selection and incompetent officals to berate we're all turning on ourselves in some sort of low-rent reimagining of Lord of the Flies.

Roll on the season.  Then we can happily divide ourselves into pro- and anti-Jol camps and sling mud at each other across the intervening no-mans land.

Before all that though, can we have a public flogging of HatterDon?  Troublemaker. 

...I completely agree, lack of Fulham related football is driving people slightly bonkers and the Lord Of The Files analogy is brilliant.

Maybe next end of season we should shut the board down?

Right, I'm off to find a pig...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

NogoodBoyo

So who's the virtual version of Piggy and how do we stamp his early NHS specs into the sand in cyberspace?
Nogood "we're all rotters, isit" Boyo

nevzter

"Ralph wept for the end of innocence, the darkness of man's heart, and the fall through the air of the true, wise friend called Piggy...."
"To get back my youth I would do anything in the world, except take exercise, get up early, or be respectable."

nevzter

stocks and pillory for that one, si, si, senor.
"To get back my youth I would do anything in the world, except take exercise, get up early, or be respectable."

NogoodBoyo

Cliques and Mornington Crescent mentioned in one thread?  We're in deep heat now.
Personally, I would never want to belong to a clique that would have me in it.  And I never did understand Mornington Crescent probably because I didn't pick up on the early posts.
Still, they're far more harmless than the gratuitous violence displayed in the Hollywood Welsh film titles thread.
Nogood "Kill Rhyl, isit" Boyo

Berserker

Nothing wrong with a good Samori sword Mr Boyo is it
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Adam87

Be a pretty cool idea to have some sort of rep number or bar that let others know who is normally right and who is full of  086.gif.

Then we wouldnt have to listen to half these WUMS who make up crap. Personally i think its brilliant.

ScalleysDad

Quote from: LBNo11 on July 24, 2012, 10:27:46 PM

...I completely agree, lack of Fulham related football is driving people slightly bonkers and the Lord Of The Files analogy is brilliant.

I have a flies analogy which is a flipping nuisance. If I get stung by a wasp the swelling is quite large as well but it soon goes down. Bees I'm fine with. Strange world.

So whats the link with stationary then LB??? You are turning this thread into a travesty just like the one in Bayeaux

Maybe next end of season we should shut the board down?

Right, I'm off to find a pig...

Lighthouse

I joined the MOANINGTON PHEASANT CLIQUE. Took the wrong turn.

I suggested the closing of the MB during this time but because I suggested it everybody just ignored me. They just  closed my posts instead which is why I was ignored.

Low rent Flies are the worst. If you get stung by a bee you can swell which means ANY DAY NOW IT WILL BE BIG.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

HatterDon

Well, this has turned out interesting, hasn't it.

The dual purpose of this thread was to cause some levity and to salute the memory of Finnster01 and Fat Freddy's Cat who were masters of this game. Some of you enjoyed it; many of you did not. I enjoyed most of the responses -- especially the multiple response by one poster who had to contribute two or three posts saying how this was boring and irritating. I feel the same way on threads about Fantasy leagues, video games, travel routes, and tickets received/loaned. I just slip past those threads.

Anywho, if you enjoyed it, I'm glad I did it. I'm glad I did it in any case because it's nice to remember Finnster01's contributions to this site as well as Freddy's.

If you didn't like it, don't worry. I've never pleased everyone in theater, in concert, or in the corporate world.

Locking the thread to stop any more hateful responses. I'm just off to have a bit of a cry now.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel