more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Pearce has to go NOW

Started by sunburywhite, July 26, 2012, 09:40:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HatterDon

Quote from: Burt on July 27, 2012, 12:35:16 PM
Sorry if I come across as a bit of a weirdo saying this but I am going to see how he does over the next couple of games before writing him and Team GB off.

oooooooooooh you're such a radical, you
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Mr_Moon

Quote from: MJG on July 27, 2012, 08:18:22 AM
Quote from: Jack Fulham on July 26, 2012, 11:42:13 PM
Quote from: HatterDon on July 26, 2012, 11:07:59 PM
Quote from: Oiseau on July 26, 2012, 10:53:24 PM
I always thought that Pearce did excellently with the under-21's. He had a stellar record with them prior to the U21 World Cup and we went out in very awkward circumstances. I think he only lost two matches in a few years or something? He's brought up an incredibly promising generation of players including the Ox, Wilshere, Jones, etc, etc... I personally rated him in terms of his involvement with youth football.

This team GB squad have had extremely little time to play together and to form a cohesive team. Other squads, especially last week's Brazil side, have had much longer to gel. Team GB's lack of experience playing together really shows. Our selection choices and squad has also been greatly restricted by Euro 2012.

I agree with you. I also think that he built his career on more than just one penalty. There's no quicker way for British football supporters to denigrate you than being picked to run an international team.

Just to clarify, I do believe that penalty and his reaction after helped secure him a position in the England set up. However that has nothing to do with his management ability. I followed the u21's quite closely and whilst I admit they do occassionally get good results. Pearce doesn't really have them playing good football and he does make some questionable selections. For example, persisting with Michael mancienne at defensive midfielder in u21 European championships in 09. Playing Micah Richards at centre back during the Olympics when it was established a long time ago that he is too positionally suspect to play there. I have huge admiration for Stuart Pearce for how he went from non league to England international but I am concerned that he is often touted as future England manager. From what I've seen, I do not think he is right man to be in charge of the development of our young players. I hope this is less denigrate for you mr hatterdon.
I have to agree with Jack regarding Pearce and the U21's. He gets results but god they are dull to watch and can be very defensive. He plays players out of position in quite strange formations as well.
He's an old style manager and not one who will want his teams to keep possession and build play that way. Keep him as far away as possible from the development of the England and i'll be happy.

It wasn't just Pearce though, his sidekick Wigley who we've now picked up was just as, if not more tactically inept.

fulhamben

really dont get the pearce bashing. he has answered the fa,s call when ever asked and was a tremendous player for england. personally think england were pathetic in the euros but everyone says give roy time. how long have team gb been together and how many games have they played?
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Mr_Moon

People are commenting on Pearce as a manager, in particular u21 manager so Team GB and their one game is irrelevant.

MJG

Quote from: Mr_Moon on July 27, 2012, 02:38:00 PM
People are commenting on Pearce as a manager, in particular u21 manager so Team GB and their one game is irrelevant.
No its not. I have watched a lot of the U21's under pearce and its how he sets up his teams which is what most of the comments are about.

Jack Fulham

Quote from: fulhamben on July 27, 2012, 02:31:52 PM
really dont get the pearce bashing. he has answered the fa,s call when ever asked and was a tremendous player for england. personally think england were pathetic in the euros but everyone says give roy time. how long have team gb been together and how many games have they played?

I never understand the tremendous player point when discussing managerial ability. It's a moot point.

Mr_Moon

Quote from: MJG on July 27, 2012, 02:51:51 PM
Quote from: Mr_Moon on July 27, 2012, 02:38:00 PM
No its not. I have watched a lot of the U21's under pearce and its how he sets up his teams which is what most of the comments are about.

So yeah, they're talking about him as a manager.

Meerkat

Quote from: SG on July 27, 2012, 08:05:16 AM
Quote from: MichealJackson on July 27, 2012, 05:20:02 AM
I just think it's ridiculous how people are paying so much attention to the football and not much to the other athletes who train everyday for these games. I think that for two weeks every four years we should all give football a rest and respect these incredible people rather than whinge over the footballers, who have had quite enough attention

I m inclined to agree with this. What is football doing in the Olympics and tennis for that matter. These players are paid millions each year and should not be anywhere the Olympics. I realise that most sports people are now funded and thus the olympic ideal is long gone but these two sports seem so far removed from it

If I am not mistaken when we had a GB team before it was semi-professionals that represented us from non league clubs, unfortunately not every country did and that is why we stopped taking part. I also think that tennis should be open to non professionals not the the "star" players earning thousands.  Remember in the last Olympics (I think) seeing Andy Murray play looked as though he wasn't at all interested. 

fulhamben

Quote from: Jack Fulham on July 27, 2012, 02:56:12 PM

I never understand the tremendous player point when discussing managerial ability. It's a moot point.
really so you was holding up a cookie out banner from the day he was appointed fulham manger then was you? or did you recognise how good he was for us albeit in a short time and give him a chance

Jack Fulham

Quote from: fulhamben on July 27, 2012, 03:36:25 PM

really so you was holding up a cookie out banner from the day he was appointed fulham manger then was you? or did you recognise how good he was for us albeit in a short time and give him a chance

Nope, I'm always willing to give managers time and cookie proved to be very good on a limited budget. I admit, players that have had successful playing careers may increase the possibility of them landing management jobs but it doesn't reflect there managerial ability.

fulhamben

Quote from: Jack Fulham on July 27, 2012, 03:42:23 PM

Nope, I'm always willing to give managers time and cookie proved to be very good on a limited budget. I admit, players that have had successful playing careers may increase the possibility of them landing management jobs but it doesn't reflect there managerial ability.
so as you are willing to give mangers time then you will agree pearce needs more than 1 game

Jack Fulham

Quote from: fulhamben on July 27, 2012, 03:55:10 PM
Quote from: Jack Fulham on July 27, 2012, 03:42:23 PM

so as you are willing to give mangers time then you will agree pearce needs more than 1 game

As stated before, we're commenting on Pearce as a manager and all his u21 teams rather than specifically team gb. It doesn't matter whether I think he needs 1 more game as we all know he will be manager throughout the tournament and i will support team gb regardless. I just don't think he shows be in charge of our developing our young players.