watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR Neymar v George Best??

Started by jarv, July 29, 2012, 04:24:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jarv

Watching Neymar, I think he is the closest I have ever seen to George Best.

1. Close control.
2. change of pace.
3. stop on a sixpence, then go.
4. takes ball into opponents "space" to invite commitment.
5. does things which nobody else can.

Great to watch.  Agree?

HatterDon

early days yet, but he has frightening skills.

Not to start another argument, but for me Cruyff edged Best as the greatest player I ever saw. No doubt in my mine, however, that had Best played with today's training regimen, he would have been the greatest ever. Just couldn't get to bed before 0300 and liked the juice more than a little. He cheated us all that way.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Mr_Moon

I've seen many games where Neymar has been marked out of the match and usually ends up getting booked for diving out of frustration. He's a fantastic player, not doubting that, but you also have to remember that a lot of his goals and tricks that you see are scored against sides in the State Championships (who are guff).

jarv

I am not saying he is better but the way he moves, his balance, skills etc. could be a body double for Best.

YankeeJim

I watched him against Belarus. He is a great talent and only 20 and still playing domesticly. To me, he looks a like a young Ronaldo. He just blows by defenders. Seems to be a bit of a pretty boy as well. The announcer said that every time he saw him play he had a different hair doo. Could be a Series A candidate. If he came to the Prem some fine English lad would break something on him.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

EJL

Quote from: Mr_Moon on July 29, 2012, 04:33:18 PM
I've seen many games where Neymar has been marked out of the match and usually ends up getting booked for diving out of frustration. He's a fantastic player, not doubting that, but you also have to remember that a lot of his goals and tricks that you see are scored against sides in the State Championships (who are guff).
:plus one:

Also, I don't understand why he's getting so much attention for playing well against the 'formidable' Belarus?

Pretty much every player in their squad plays their club football in the Belarussian League...

NorthernWhite

I was at the game today and great to see him in the flesh. Long way to go yet but he certainly has the skill to be a potential great.