News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

'When you dig deeper... who has more "REAL" quality...

Started by mccscratch, July 31, 2012, 09:47:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MJG

Whatever way you dress it up..take the blinkers off and Liverpool are a bigger club than us FACT. Historically they are one of the two biggest clubs in the country.
I could argue against Villa..Everton..that type of team..maybe Newcastle as well, but come on and put yourself in the boots of a player at our club. A club who pay your wages but your not a supporter of. Liverpool are a draw.

Mr_Moon

Quote from: mccscratch on July 31, 2012, 10:29:51 PM

He has mostly played as a central attacking MF or second striker for Liverpool when he actually played...

Interesting that Clint Dempsey does not fit in there... what flavor, cherry? Perhaps good old fashioned Grape?

Considering you classed him as a striker, that says it all. You're also using some absurd logic that even if he did play as a second striker -which he didn't- then despite last playing for Liverpool under Hodgson (two managers ago), he'd still function in that role. He wouldn't and he won't.

As has already been said, this thread is delusional.

EJL

I'm not so sure if Brede is better than Skrtel and Agger ...

mccscratch

Quote from: MJG on July 31, 2012, 10:40:03 PM
Whatever way you dress it up..take the blinkers off and Liverpool are a bigger club than us FACT. Historically they are one of the two biggest clubs in the country.
I could argue against Villa..Everton..that type of team..maybe Newcastle as well, but come on and put yourself in the boots of a player at our club. A club who pay your wages but your not a supporter of. Liverpool are a draw.

Sorry but living in Liverpool is not a draw... the grass was greener for Konch and Woy...look where it got them...

BIG CLUB.... seriously who cares?

The Yankees are a massive club... yet the Tampa Bay Devil Rays have become almost a mainstay in the AL east race here in America... all with limited public image of history... limited budget and very little television coverage... they did it by convincing great but far from flashy players that they have a chance to be a part of something... something special....

They did what I think Fulham can do...
Just score 3+ goals a game and we will gain promotion...I promise

mccscratch

Quote from: EJL on July 31, 2012, 10:42:49 PM
I'm not so sure if Brede is better than Skrtel and Agger ...

He is... you only hear their names more because of where they play..

mccscratch

Quote from: Mr_Moon on July 31, 2012, 10:41:06 PM
Quote from: mccscratch on July 31, 2012, 10:29:51 PM

He has mostly played as a central attacking MF or second striker for Liverpool when he actually played...

Interesting that Clint Dempsey does not fit in there... what flavor, cherry? Perhaps good old fashioned Grape?

Considering you classed him as a striker, that says it all. You're also using some absurd logic that even if he did play as a second striker -which he didn't- then despite last playing for Liverpool under Hodgson (two managers ago), he'd still function in that role. He wouldn't and he won't.

As has already been said, this thread is delusional.

Fine.. he is a midfielder.... Guess what... HE SUCKS... if he was so great he would not have been loaned out twice...

MJG

Its got nothing to do with living in Liverpool and I doubt very much any Pool players live in the city boundarys.
I would love us to be able to compete at a top six level year in year out. At the moment its still a get 40PTS and see what happens type club.
The difference between 7/8/9 and 14/15/16 in the lge is a few pts here or there, its all about margins.
Liverpool for all their problems have consistently been a top club with no worries about relegation or even bottom half.

This has nothing to do with belittling the club I love and have supported for 35 years, its about understanding where we are currently.

Mr Fulham

Sorry, but no way Brede is better than Agger. Agger is up there with the world's best.

Mr_Moon

Quote from: mccscratch on July 31, 2012, 10:52:40 PM

Fine.. he is a midfielder.... Guess what... HE SUCKS... if he was so great he would not have been loaned out twice...

Must really suck playing for Juventus and Milan.

fp.gif

mccscratch

Quote from: MJG on July 31, 2012, 10:53:07 PM
Its got nothing to do with living in Liverpool and I doubt very much any Pool players live in the city boundarys.
I would love us to be able to compete at a top six level year in year out. At the moment its still a get 40PTS and see what happens type club.
The difference between 7/8/9 and 14/15/16 in the lge is a few pts here or there, its all about margins.
Liverpool for all their problems have consistently been a top club with no worries about relegation or even bottom half.

This has nothing to do with belittling the club I love and have supported for 35 years, its about understanding where we are currently.

CURRENTLY... such a funny little word isn't it...

Currently... our squads are not that different when comparing quality... I was only posting about this upcoming season... not what future ambition they may have as opposed to us...

Our current squad would be in absolutely no danger of being relegated this season and you know it...

Patterson

Quote from: Mr Fulham on July 31, 2012, 10:53:54 PM
Sorry, but no way Brede is better than Agger. Agger is up there with the world's best.

Where would you place Brede in the grand scheme of DCs in this era?  Is he just a shade under the top players or is he nearly as good, but without the name people "know".
Could play for any team and start IMO.
A Canadian supporting Fulham...wait...what?!

Mr Fulham

Quote from: mccscratch on July 31, 2012, 10:55:57 PM
our squads are not that different when comparing quality...  

Reality check anyone?
I like optimism, but we should stay calm. Their squad is better, and the club itself is miles ahead of us in every aspect.

mccscratch

And why can't Brede be? Who says... besides the media that shoves bigger name club players down your throat?

he captains his country (and likely Fulham this season), he has scored the exact same amount of goals for his club, he heads what has been one of the best back 4s in the league (outside of all the ridiculous money squads) for the past 4 years...

Patterson

Quote from: Mr Fulham on July 31, 2012, 10:58:31 PM

Reality check anyone?
I like optimism, but we should stay calm. Their squad is better, and the club itself is miles ahead of us in every aspect.

Agreed.  They edge us in both starting 11 and bench players.  Not as much as they should be, mind you...but we have to be realistic about our expectations.  We're still a club that has to fight well to be in the top half of the table.
A Canadian supporting Fulham...wait...what?!

Mr Fulham

Quote from: Patterson on July 31, 2012, 10:58:11 PM

Where would you place Brede in the grand scheme of DCs in this era?  Is he just a shade under the top players or is he nearly as good, but without the name people "know".

I don't know. I think there are several better CBs out there. We can be lucky to have him, he's a fantastic player and has found his level. Players like Kompany, Lescott, Vidic, Agger are clearly ahead of him though.

Mr Fulham

Quote from: mccscratch on July 31, 2012, 10:58:57 PM

And why can't Brede be? Who says... besides the media that shoves bigger name club players down your throat?

he captains his country (and likely Fulham this season), he has scored the exact same amount of goals for his club, he heads what has been one of the best back 4s in the league (outside of all the ridiculous money squads) for the past 4 years...

Brede's 10/11 season was very good, his last season was ok. I just don't think he's THAT good really. And it's not about the media thing now. He's just not AS GOOD AS the players I named IMHO.

mccscratch

Quote from: Mr Fulham on July 31, 2012, 11:00:20 PM

I don't know. I think there are several better CBs out there. We can be lucky to have him, he's a fantastic player and has found his level. Players like Kompany, Lescott, Vidic, Agger are clearly ahead of him though.

I have not seen anything from Kompany, Agger or Lescott that shows me they are better than Brede... Vidic is... but I also said ridiculous money teams... for which all but Agger are a part of...

Liverpool is not Manure or Man City... they won't ever be..

Agger is injury prone and not nearly as good as you are making him out to be...

MJG

Quote from: Mr Fulham on July 31, 2012, 10:58:31 PM

Reality check anyone?
i'll pull you up on that one and say I think the youth setup we have and are still building is good if not better. They are still recovering from Rafa's muck up of the youth policy.

mccscratch

Before Brede came... Fulham were concedeing 58-60 goals on average... after... about 45 (34 one season!!  :001: )....

Sorry but there is a direct correlation...

PL seaon total goals against...

Pre Brede
60, 58, 60, 60

Post Brede,

34, 46, 43, 51....

zzamora

Quote from: mccscratch on July 31, 2012, 11:03:40 PM
Quote from: Mr Fulham on July 31, 2012, 11:00:20 PM

I have not seen anything from Kompany, Agger or Lescott that shows me they are better than Brede... Vidic is... but I also said ridiculous money teams... for which all but Agger are a part of...

Liverpool is not Manure or Man City... they won't ever be..

Agger is injury prone and not nearly as good as you are making him out to be...

Oh COME ON! Kompany is a FANTASTIC defender! Agger and Lescott are better than Hangeland too.