News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

'When you dig deeper... who has more "REAL" quality...

Started by mccscratch, July 31, 2012, 09:47:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MrCheviot

Looking through some rose colored glasses if you think Ruiz has a spot in the starting 11 based on what he's done so far at Fulham...

Dempsey, Dembele, think Hangeland has a slight edge over Skrtel but not Agger, Riise if he plays like he did in the second half. GK is a dead heat for me.

4.5/11 max.  I appreciate the OP's point of view though, love these kinds of debates over some pints.
"Zamora!! What About that? We have seen some brilliant football from Shakhtar Donetsk tonight, but nothing.. nothing quite as good as that!"

NorthernWhite

Quote from: MrCheviot on August 02, 2012, 04:34:24 AM
Looking through some rose colored glasses if you think Ruiz has a spot in the starting 11 based on what he's done so far at Fulham...

Dempsey, Dembele, think Hangeland has a slight edge over Skrtel but not Agger, Riise if he plays like he did in the second half. GK is a dead heat for me.

4.5/11 max.  I appreciate the OP's point of view though, love these kinds of debates over some pints.

This is pretty much who I'd go with. Everyone prior has touched on the history so no need to cover that again but I'm interested to see how Rodgers fares this season. I rate him as a manager as he likes to coach the players to an improved standard by installing a great team ethic based around high pressure pressing and retaining the ball. It may take a while for the team to fully take his tactics on board so I wonder how long the rabid Liverpool fans give him if results and performances don't start well?

Joe Allen will be an excellent acquisition and it looks pretty clear that Carroll isn't wanted and they'll use the money saved on salary to finally make an offer for Clint.

There is still a gap between our squads but nowhere near where it used to be and if we can continue to deal well in the market, it's not inconceviable that we could overtake them, just unlikely.

mccscratch

Quote from: mccscratch on July 31, 2012, 09:47:17 PM
Forget what the media and the rest of the rabid Scouser fan base tells you... (along with the clueless American media)...

Is Liverpool pound for pound better than Fulham on the pitch?

Stop looking at history... look at the current situation...

1 by 1, here we go...

Owners... New owner who like the last is American (which they hated) and while he wishes to be successful also understands that you can't just toss money out the window... or MAF who allows his operations group to do their job, attracts quality managers ever since the Sanchez fiasco and will spend smart money... has taken Fulham from the depths of the football league to a mainstay in the Prem under his watch...

Advantage: Fulham for the time being...

Managers: A manager who was previously sacked at Reading for poor results and now comes from Swansea after riding Roberto Martinez's coattails really ... now wants to try and play a certain style which apparently omits a striker that the club (idiotically) paid 35 million quid for... or a man that has successfully in most people's eyes, manged the likes of Spurs, Ajax, Hamburg including League cup wins and a Europa League semi-final... both currently wish to play attractive possession yet attacking minded football...

Advantage: Fulham

Goalkeepers: Reina, Doni or Schwarzer, Stockdale

Advantage: Tie, both are solid and have solid back-ups...

Defense: Skrtel, Agger, Johnson, Enrique, Coates, Carragher, Martin Kelly... or Hangeland, Riise, Hughes, Senderos, Kelly, Baird, Riether

Advantage: only slightly for Liverpool because of depth... Hangeland is still the best CB on either squad and Riise towards the end of the season last year was far better than Johnson... Skrtel and Agger are injury prone so who knows how long that will last...

Midfield: Leiva, Adam, Gerrard, Cole, Henderson, Downing or Dempsey, Duff, Dembele, Diarra, Ruiz, Sidwell, Etuhu

Advantage: Tie.... a tie you say? Honestly if Danny Murphy were still in the Fulham squad... it would be Fulham... forget the names and look at the production... No goals from Downing, Gerrard always injured (though he was excellent in the Euros), Joe Cole is all tricks no substance (or rare substance), Adam has never fit in because Blackpool was built around him... Leiva also hit or miss each week due to injuries and inconsistency. Dempsey and Dembele would both start in that midfield... Ruiz may later... Diarra if healthy can almost fill Murphy's shoes... We hardly see Sidwell but know he can certainly do a job... certainly as well as Henderson... then we have Duff who seems ageless at times... Bellamy sometimes plays more of a midfield role but I have included him in the forwards, much the way I have Dempsey in our midfield..

Strikers: Aquilani, Suarez, Carroll, Bellamy or Rodallega and Petric...

Advantage: Liverpool... Suarez is class when he is allowed to play and not causing issues for his clubs reputation (what little they have)... Carroll is a talented boy but looks like he won't even fit in, Aquilani is back but is he worth anything? Bellamy is a personal favorite of mine... total twit sometimes but busts it like no other on the field and has electric pace... Hugo and Petric are going to surprise some people this season with how good they are... Petric is a class finisher much the way Nevland was... Rodallega has special talent that will only get better with better talent around him..

Young Players: Shelvey, Suso, Sterling, Robinson, Eccleston or Frei, Briggs, Kačaniklić, Kasami, Mesca, Trotta (maybe even Dalla Valla)

Advantage; Fulham.... Suso may yet be a player for them but Frei, Briggs and Kaca are going to be a much bigger part of Fulham this year than most of Liverpool's youth whom I suspect will be blooded in Europa league games and will likely crash out quickly... the best former Liverpool youth IMHO now plays for Fulham...

So going over this... are they really better? Other than the big name... not really... maybe they have more ambition? Perhaps, but in the here and now... Fulham are on even footing for me...
Just score 3+ goals a game and we will gain promotion...I promise

Terry Angus

cheers for bringing this back up. now that dempsey is definitely leaving us and liverpool have signed assaidi, borini and allen, i'd like to retract my previous suggestion that their best starting xi isn't that much better than ours. with the new players they've much much much more quality than us on the pitch, just as they're better than us in every respect off it.

mccscratch

Quote from: Terry Angus on August 18, 2012, 04:52:08 PM
cheers for bringing this back up. now that dempsey is definitely leaving us and liverpool have signed assaidi, borini and allen, i'd like to retract my previous suggestion that their best starting xi isn't that much better than ours. with the new players they've much much much more quality than us on the pitch, just as they're better than us in every respect off it.

Clueless...you are, keep sucking the media teet
Just score 3+ goals a game and we will gain promotion...I promise

NogoodBoyo

Terry - are you being ironic?  Or Realistic?
Nogood "confused I am" Boyo