News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Opinions pls: develop putney end into the new home stand.

Started by Adam87, August 01, 2012, 01:19:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MJG

Quote from: rhyspabsolom on August 01, 2012, 10:59:14 AM
Might we tuck away fans into the giddy heights of the new stand?
Not quite St. James Park but a similar idea, get them as far away from the pitch as possible.

That said, wouldn't want them benefitting from the lush new mod-cons we'd have up there.
I hope not as my intention is to get a ST in the top tier.

joeP87

Quote from: MJG on August 01, 2012, 10:57:22 AM
Quote from: mangoputney on August 01, 2012, 10:46:27 AM
Acoustics at the cottage is rubbish, you really struggle to hear the Hammy most matches

Thats a really good point, if you sit in the Hammersmith end you would think we sound so noisy, but honestly if you are in the Putney end you cant really hear anything from there.

I tend to blame acoustics when I bring non-FFC mates to the Cottage when its been quiet. But having sat in the Hammy End ever since we moved back to the Cottage, I think it has a lot to do with the fact that its a pretty small proportion of fans who consistently sing in the Hammersmith End throughout a game

Maidstone Lee

I think we should make the Putney End a home end like they did during the European games and put the away supporters in the JH stand. The worked very well thus creating a better atmosphere.
Stand up if you still believe!
@LeeWarner19

west kowloon white

Not an architect..but not sure where the myth that an upgrade of of Putney End needs to encroach on B Park-upto 5000 seats could be added-but would be expensive structure-and interfere with wind patterns on the river-of course.

MJG

Quote from: west kowloon white on August 01, 2012, 01:58:02 PM
Not an architect..but not sure where the myth that an upgrade of of Putney End needs to encroach on B Park-upto 5000 seats could be added-but would be expensive structure-and interfere with wind patterns on the river-of course.
The issue you have with both the putney & hammersmith end when making them larger is the safety on the concourses. Both ends are already pretty much at bursting point when the ground is full and to safely move another 3-5K per game would put a strain on the limited space as it is.
Thats why i say that the only way it can work at the putney end is to put turnstlies/exit straight into the park. Also looking at the wall at the back of the ground that would need complete rebuilding because its only standing up due to a few nuts and bolts as it is.